It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When did this Utopia earth exist for man?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I love the "world is so terrible now," "the writing is on the wall talk." It seems to be brought up at least once in every doom or gloom thread.

Doom and gloomers are always talking about how the weather is worse now, the world seems worst etc.

Yeah we live in scary times now. Remember back in the day? The civil car, great depression, WW1, WW2, the cold war.

They were having a picnic compared to what we are going through now. Times have changed so much since then.

Think someone should look at weather patterns and wars, human tragedy, etc over the last 500 years and see whats so different about today. Everyone always points out how bad things are now and when i look back in history seems like the same BS just a different century.

In fact i think that would make a good thread wish someone would do a thorough research of the last 500 years and tell me when wars and evil was not committed or when in time this utopia earth during mans reign exist and when was weather 100% stable?
edit on 14-12-2010 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
First, I want to say "history repeats itself", and in my research, it seems to replicate itself

Now, I kind of doubt a time like that ever existed, there has been evil in the world since the dawn of man. The last peaceful time was probably when the Native Americans essentially owned North America. Hunters gatherers had the most peaceful lives maybe, but they also warred too with other tribes. Violence just seems to be instilled in mankind.

Of course, that is just my opinion.

As for history, Egypt was probably the first civilization to enslave their people, with wages and religion. Other civilizations may have been home for free, happy people though.
edit on 14-12-2010 by Dissent because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-12-2010 by Dissent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

500 years is just a blink of the eye in the history of the world.

You would have to go back a couple of thousand years to get a better idea of human development and the present situation.

Even the weather pattern is cyclic on a solar scale that humans can not comprehend.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
It all depends on the place your at and the minds of the people around you.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by whipsandchainsamerica
It all depends on the place your at and the minds of the people around you.

Ancient Ireland was a relative golden age. The Tuatha Dannan had to fight the formorians I think to get control, but when they did all was well until the Celts came along.
Even then the handover was fairly bloodless compared to the total war excesses of nowadays.

top topics

join