It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UKnews Weather 35000 deaths fera in new arctic blizzards

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

DEATH rates are set to soar “scandalously” this winter as a new Arctic blast batters Britain with temperatures on a par with Siberia. Experts predict a dramatic increase in cold-related fatalities as we suffer the bitterest winter in a century, causing 12 deaths every hour. Britons face spiralling energy bills while the death toll this winter could reach 35,000.
There are also fears some mail may not reach its destination by Christmas Day because of the freeze.

Forecasters said temperatures could plummet to record lows in the run-up to Christmas, putting tens of thousands of vulnerable people at risk.

Charities warned of pensioners suffering “Dickensian” conditions, resorting to riding on buses or huddling in shopping centres just to keep warm.
Millions of Britons are being forced to turn down their thermostats as gas and electricity prices spiral.

www.express.co.uk...

So spiraling petrol costs?
I guess Al "occidental oil" Gore has got the UK right where he wants then now.

Should the government that supported MMGW not take responsibility for all the people that freeze because many of these deaths, if they happen, may have been prevented if the government had paid attention to actual science instead of the MMGW hoax and been properly prepared.

Or are they fear mongering to get the consumers to spend more money at the gas station the AL built.
oh wait the queen owns large in the energy biz....

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Since the la Nina/ el Nino just changed our weather just went from really warm, and a couple of months behind schedule, to back to normal...
I hope things aren't to bad in the UK tonight

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Meteorologists and scientists are pretty confident it will be a very cold winter. Luckily where I am at in Canada it has been rather mild. And all the major storms have left my city alone.

I hate winter and spent some time on the west coast. Usually they get warm winters with lots of rain. My friends on Vancouver Island have told me they got hit with a snow storm and very cold temperatures in late November or early December. That is rare for that area.

I am no expert on the subject but looks like they were right for once. I never really had much faith in meteorologists and their long term predictions.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

yeah, we had some mild ones too, not this year. it's full normal.
I love winter on Georgian bay In Ontario. In February the sun usually comes out for three weeks and its just
so crystal bright...and out door winter sports and winter carnivals are great mug fests...out on the ice
Man what a tan and fresh vitaminD too for the winter blahs...

I hope the brits catch on, but by the sounds of things, they may be ill prepared.
I prefer sun to rain though I must say.
The BCers have a cure for bad weather that has some real class.
ran or shine

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Just because it happens to be a chilly winter that doesn't mean that man-made climate change is bunk. That said, it doesn't mean it's true either, but it certainly isn't called "Global Warming" like you claim as that is a totally misledaing name as to what might happen. Any global temp increase as a result of human activity will actually most likely result in a new Ice Age, but I'm sure you knew that...

Anyhoo, there are a variety of factors at play for the recent spat of cold winters in the UK. El Nino/Nina for one, sun cycles is another, shifts in the jet stream (especially this year), changes in the Gulf Stream (ice melt)..You cannot boil down what is happen into a single event or cause, the climate is much more complicated than that.

As for the weather at the moment, it's a little chilly, hovering around -2c. Had some snow earlier, nothing to write home about and we may even get a white Christmas for the first time in donkeys..

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
Should the government that supported MMGW not take responsibility for all the people that freeze because many of these deaths, if they happen, may have been prevented if the government had paid attention to actual science instead of the MMGW hoax and been properly prepared.

The proper term is actually "Climate Change," because while initially the world temperature is rising, it's causing environmental conditions to become extreme on both sides of the temperature: hot summers and cold winters. Also, there's a scientific consensus on Climate Change; it's based on actual science.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Not good! I wonder if the BP activity in the Gulf has affected the Gulfstream causing the severe weather.

new topics

top topics

join