It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Money laundering scandal rocks Vatican Bank

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Money laundering scandal rocks Vatican Bank

www.rawstory.com

VATICAN CITY – This is no ordinary bank: The ATMs are in Latin. Priests use a private entrance. A life-size portrait of Pope Benedict XVI hangs on the wall.

Nevertheless, the Institute for Religious Works is a bank, and it's under harsh new scrutiny in a case involving money-laundering allegations that led police to seize euro23 million ($30 million) in Vatican assets in September. Critics say the case shows that the "Vatican Bank" has never shed its penchant for secrecy and scandal.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
It looks like more scandal for the Vatican. Everything from harboring pedophiles to storing Nazi loot and now money laundering. What I'm wondering, along with many others (I'm sure), is how deep the rabbit hole really goes and is this just scratching the surface? I'm not really one to buy all of the conspiracy theories surrounding the Catholic church but I do agree that something is amiss here.

Anyway, this is an interesting article and I'm going to keep tabs on this incident, though I feel that somehow, the Vatican is going to "make everything right", probably through covert methods.

--airspoon

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 13-12-2010 by airspoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
This wouldnt amount to a lot of money in their terms would it?

Is it the first nibbles at a big cheese, to eventually drive a nail through religion and the move towards the New times.

I was only reading an article on the BoA murals, and thier story of planning, trouble and re-build.

With everything thats going on at the moment, the church would just be another obstacle in the way of the final outcome, which they hope will be the birth of a new beginning for human kind.

In honesty, the less the chuch has to do with my everyday life, the better off I will be.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

There is a fantastic thread on ATS about the money laundering from the vatican and how it bankrolls organised crime it would be great to link this thread with that one.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Is there still positive news out there? It seems that all we read is about war, corruption and scandals.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
What is truly amazing about the Vatican Bank Scandals is that the Vatican Bank basically functions as the Vatican's "Petty Cash" Fund.

The Papal Rothschild Family has been doing the Vatican's real banking since the the 1820's when it was appointed "Gaurdians of the Vatican Treasury".

What goes on at the Vatican Bank represents a small fraction of the Vatican's actual Financial Wealth and Reserves, and if they are essentially laundering peanuts through their "Petty Cash" fund, imagine what they must have the Rothschild Family doing for them.

The Vatican like many of the Royals and Nobles and Oligarchs hide the bulk of their wealth and how it is being put to use behind Agents like the Rothschild Family so we will never quite know how much money they have, where all it's coming from, and where all it's going to.

This is just the tip of the proverbial Iceburg.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
With the constant plague of scandals and the public’s growing dissatisfaction with the Vatican, one has to wonder if they actually want to make themselves look bad. Quite honestly, such a wealthy and influential entity should wield enough power to cover up this kind of thing. If they truly wanted to keep a crystal clean image I have no doubt that they could.

The fact that the money laundering controversy is over such a relatively small amount of money, coupled with the countless pedophilia scandals and the largely unsatisfactory way the Pope is handling that situation, definitely calls into question their motives and whether they’re legitimately being exposed or if there is possibly something deeper going on here.

join