It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you never ever heard or taught about god would you still believe?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 02:03 AM
link   
if there is no god then how did the universe come into existence. Surely if you think the big bang theory is correct, then you must believe in God because what created that first star was energy or particles, and what is put in motion stays in motion, so the chances of any particle hitting another is so slim in an infinite universe. Also, if God doesn't exist then this big bang wouldn't exist because energy was pushing whatever it was towards eachother, and energy at rest stays at rest, so something put everything into motion, something beyond us. Time to recognize!

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stuey1221
Well, if you've never ever heard about or being taught about God... Then how would you know there is one to believe in, if you catch my drift

The edited title post states that god began as a religious conspiracy. This is not true. Religion itself might be a conspiracy, but the concept of god is not.

The truth is that god came about before religion.
Look at it this way. The first caveman is sitting outside of his cave and he sees lightning strike a tree. He doesn't know what lightning is, but he knows what fire is. His concept of fire means that he understands that it has to be created and he knows that he himself can physically create it. But lightning has no visible creator and this caveman is not aware of the laws of the ecosystem. It is natural therefore that he will imagine his own creator of the lightning fire - a god. To early man, god was a way of explaining the unexplainable.
Religion only comes into the equation if the caveman gives his creator attributes, manages to convince enough of his fellows to follow his god and through this belief, changes the way in which they live and think.

To me personally, God has to exist. When you look at life you can see that there is NOTHING but one thing that is a surety. We look at science and the physical as a reality but when you go right down to the utter basic, there is NOTHING that can be proven. As Renees Descartes said: "I think, therefore I am". This is the only proof of any existence whatsoever. There is not even proof that your parents created you. Sure, it looks like they did in this physical plane - but it's not a definite. Because the only definite is that I exist, I believe that there has to be one other definite and that was that I was created. That's where God comes into the equation.

Look around you. You will see that there is only one Truth.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Is what i meant was in the last post i made on this topic was, say you've never heard of i dunno jam/jelly then you wouldnt know it existed to believe in, so like god you wouldnt know that it came in many flavours or forms (dunno why im comparing god to jam/jelly but ya know) Thats wht i meant earlier, I might be gettin the wrong end of the stick and sorry if i am

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
People have an inborn desire to believe in purpose and/or that someone is in charge of it all.
Otherwise .. it's chaos. And people don't take kindly to chaos.
So yes, I think that if organized religion were to disappear, then people would still believe
in a higher/deeper purpose or entity in control.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by I See You

People who are born in the deep jungle has a stronger, spiritual connection to God than most people living in the cities can comprehend. This shows that you don't need religion nor books to know God. How is this so? Because within each person, there is a Spirit of God. Did I not say that you are a manifestation of God? Why do people need this connection to the higher realms? Because we are God. It may take you many lifetimes to understand this, or maybe just one lifetime. I always say look within yourself, and there you will find God.

Remember that religion is only an organized way to interpret God. Religion may have truths or may have falsehood. But it is still just a tool for people to use to find God. The problem with religion is that it may deceive you into thinking that God is a church or God is somewhere outside of you way up there in the sky. It is not. It is you--your mind and consciousness.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join