It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA's own wikileaks mirror easily observed as CIA

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
i kneew it

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
breakingthecalm.blogspot.com...

It looks like psytek.net (which used to host a blog on cloud security) was hosted at slicehost, but is no longer up. Meanwhile the wikileaks subdomain has been redirecting to wikileaks.rout0r.org, a mirror hosted at Hetzner in Germany. This explains why psytek.org is down, while wikleaks.psytek.org gives the Apache "It Works!" message; no one at rout0r.org set up a VHOST for the domain name.

Haha, I knew it! That the CIA was not behind this in the first place. Something did not seem right. So basically this thread is debunked now.

Unfortunately, this search ranking was actually the result of the SEO keyword poisoning that resulted from the Reddit thread in question.

edit on 11-12-2010 by fordrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Eh so be it, I could could probably report you with the same amount of justification. If they want to warn me for calling someone ridiculousnand paranoid on a conspiracy site that's fine. It's ver funny to me to see you make a long post making excuses as to why you are morally opposed to sharing your hard won insight into the topic rather than post a link for the benefit of all here (as you said this isnkt my thread and that I agree with), that makes sense. Just because you sensationalize my responses to you by saying I'm attacking other members does not make it so.

Any way congrats on derailing a thread you were clearly opposed to and intended on derailing from the start. It,s obvious you are against WL, next time please take the high roas and bring evidence.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by fordrew
breakingthecalm.blogspot.com...

It looks like psytek.net (which used to host a blog on cloud security) was hosted at slicehost, but is no longer up. Meanwhile the wikileaks subdomain has been redirecting to wikileaks.rout0r.org, a mirror hosted at Hetzner in Germany. This explains why psytek.org is down, while wikleaks.psytek.org gives the Apache "It Works!" message; no one at rout0r.org set up a VHOST for the domain name.

Haha, I knew it! That the CIA was not behind this in the first place. Something did not seem right. So basically this thread is debunked now.

Unfortunately, this search ranking was actually the result of the SEO keyword poisoning that resulted from the Reddit thread in question.

edit on 11-12-2010 by fordrew because: (no reason given)

Thank you. Many of us were already expressing doubts on the very first page before the thread was sorta derailed. BoingBoing is pretty legit and this explains why the took it down, though a retraction would have been better.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
FAIL

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Psymoniac

Haha well I don't know how inadvertent it was.the Happy Mutants are usually on top of this stuffM you win some you lose some and news spreads fast.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

i thought that they could cut out the middle man and spy on us directly since the P.A.T.R.I.O.T. act was passed?
LOL @ THE GOVERNMENT GTFO
edit on 11-12-2010 by freakgenius because: OMG WTF

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
well, this is certainly interesting. you are all terrorists.
edit on 11-12-2010 by freakgenius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
]reply to post by freakgenius
I believe they havew to at least have some suspicion prior to spying on civiliansm

and to anyone else visiting since i started this thread I should probably be the one that says it likely isn't true. I got the info from a site that is in my opinion credible unfortunately they removes the post as opposed to making a correction. It's not impossible, but unlikely. we discussed the possibility it wasn't true on page 1 and today it's looking to be false. Apologies, the source is generally reliable and the topic was relevant.

edit on 11-12-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
IN COMMUNIST RUSSIA, WIKILEAKS MIRROR YOU!!!

2nd

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Aaand hereks BoingBoing,s correction/apology though I have to say this isn't up to the standards I expect of themthere policy is if they make a mistake it gets fixed not delete post explain when I feel like itm
Shame BB.

m.boingboing.net...

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
well, pretty sloppy thing if it was by CIA

always check the original Checksum of the site,
its SHA ENCRYPTED

WKILEAKS.CC

java active components on wikileaks.cc

function randomFromTo(from, to)[ return Math.floor(Math.random() * (to - from + 1) + from); ] var x; x = randomFromTo(1,3); if(x==1)[document.write("Keep us strong");] if(x==2)[document.write("Support us");] if(x==3)[document.write("Donate");]

and as you can see, www.wikleaks.cc is NOT SECURE

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
It's not secure because it is http.

I don't understand the big deal about that?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
A honey-pot eh?

abovetopsecret.com...

No way dude, can't be. The almighty wikileaks and godlike Julian Assange are totally legit.

The CIA only tried to set up one mirror and got caught.

Yea

edit on 11-12-2010 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Kinda funny, i'm sure this isnt a surprise to anyone though. I mean come on what else have they got to do...

Also when i did a google search on the URL, the second link in the results is the CIA homepage.. lol ahh the irony

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
www.boingboing.net...

Yesterday, I posted an item referencing a reddit thread and a widely-retweeted Google search string referencing a purported "CIA wikileaks mirror honeypot" that revealed itself as likely having been set up by the CIA. It wasn't. It was some guy's joke or something.

I'm traveling with wonky mobile internet, and in the process of attempting to update the post with a clarification late last night in a sleep-depped state, I screwed up. The post was deleted. There is no conspiracy here, and no reason to believe the CIA is setting up fake Wikileaks mirrors (though, not a bad idea, amirite?).

Nobody bothered to google this before jumping to conclusions?

edit on 12-12-2010 by MurrayTORONTO because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MurrayTORONTO

If you scroll up you will see where I discussed this and linked it. No one could google that when the story broke because the retraction was way delayed.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I posted about this in the introduction forum a few days ago. I'm glad somebody in the regular forums noticed this as well. This was my post...www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceCoyote35

Yeah it turned out to be bunk pretty quick. The CIA has to have one though, maybe not for collecting info, but they likely have one for their own use.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join