It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP: US report adds details on Cold War Nazi intel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

AP: US report adds details on Cold War Nazi intel

www.rawstory.com

APNewsBreak: Report reveals details on US intel use of Nazi Gestapo, Ukrainian fascists

Newly released records reveal details on how U.S. intelligence officials used and protected some Nazi Gestapo agents after World War II, tracked Holocaust administrator Adolf Eichmann and relied on a suspected war criminal from Ukraine living in New York to try to disrupt the USSR, according to a report to Congress obtained by The Associated Press.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
This apparently goes much, much deeper than "Operation Paperclip". With Operation Paperclip, I can see at least a little justification but if what is in this report is true, it is absolutely disgusting, though not surprising in the least.

For instance, I once heard someone say that the so-called "space-race" wasn't a race between the Soviet Union and United Sates, instead it was a race between Germans. So I can understand that we would want or even need the advanced German technology and expertise (regardless of whether they committed war crimes), but apparently we were doing alot more than just using relatively innocent Nazi scientists for national security purposes.

Anyway, it's a very good article and I can't waite to read the report.

--airspoon

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 10-12-2010 by airspoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Is there a good book out there about this subject? I've always wondered how wide spread the use of former Nazis was. I know we used their scientist, and I had read we used them in South America. How big of a role have Nazis played in shaping the current American culture and foreign policy?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Well that is very interesting. Thanks for posting.

More details on what we already knew... the US government collaborating with lots of nazis and pro-genocide maniacs.

Gee what a surprise. Not... when you know how deep the nazis connection in America went even before the war... Can anyone say the Bush family? And their attempt at overthrowing the US government in the 30s but Marine Corps Major General Smedley Butler made it fail because he was a real patriot?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

I bet there will be plenty of good books coming out now that this info has been released. Just waite a year or two.

--airspoon

reply to post by Vitchilo

Yeah, great post. What's more, I think we all know the Bush family has much more extensive ties to the CIA that Bush Sr. simply being the former head of the agency. It's pretty interesting to see how far this rabbit hole really goes, especially how far back in history.

--airspoon

new topics

top topics

join