It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Disturbing Truth about Your Life (Warning - Read at your own risk)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
What you are describing is the workings of a 'social system' - a large and complex machine of which your identity is a small and insignificant part - it may use concepts such as fainess justice freedom to regulate its inner conflicts but these are used as cyphers - in reality these are not social 'values'

If you want freedom - you will find that in the mind, once you have trancended all belief systems. Meamwhile you will have an easier life if you 'rend unto Ceaser, his due'

Robert Persig wrote a brilliant book about this 'Lila'

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek
Are you the author of this:

www.davidicke.com...

If not, you have some explaining to do!

OOOOOOOOHHHHHH Snap!

Plagerism for sure buddy.

Even an idiot knows not to copy word for word.

Nice catch. Star for you and not for him.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

Hm? I was merely pointing out the obvious to you. He obviously would have had additional references beyong his initial contemplation, to provide a bit more insight into what he believes is occuring. The structure of the essay is not really academic per-se, but it follows the same sequence.

You can't write an essay on neuroplasticity proposing that it is real or not, without having studied your references.

Though you ARE right that if that he did not author the other thread in the other forum, that he plagiarised it.

I hope this clears up any confusion and misunderstandings.
edit on 10-12-2010 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

NO, you copied it word for word - that's plagiarism! You took credit for it! Now you are trying to justify that?? Mods, please do your job......

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   

I uh, edited it because I missed that part, teddy bear. Read that post again.

I'm not the OP by the way.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Busted!! - If you have balls, you'll apologise. . . . Don't try anything else - this is ATS, WE WILL research and uncover topics discussed here! Think before you Plagiarize!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   

I too feel a bit arrogant, and sometimes I find myself just irritated. It's great being 'all seeing and hearing', but it makes you aware of just how many 'walking dead' there are out there.

I boil at the X-factor and similar public manipulation programmes, and laugh my head off when they suddenly suggest it's fixed! Come on people wake up! I get driven insane with the tosh adverts spew out. I'm not against marketing a product, but creating problems that don't exist just to say your product solves it is a joke.

We have become so brainwashed, in every way... People truly have become moronic slaves. The world falls apart, governments, banks and corporations corrupt, cheat and lie and they coundn't give a toss, so long as they get to vote for their favourite celebrity or get as chance for their 15 minutes of fame.

Bring on the awakening. Bring on 2012 and all that it delivers to the masses. The aware will survive. The walking dead will be forever lost.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Hahahahahaahah. I am also you. This whole conversation has been one-sided. You are my other account. You just don't know it yet. In fact, 50% of the accounts on this forum are mine. Yeah. That's right. Got you paranoid now eh? hahaahahahaha

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Unrelated to where this thread has gone... People, please... STOP talking about "meditating on" something unless it's whatever you sit on while meditating. No one is going to take you seriously after that phrase.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Somehumanbeing

I uh, edited it because I missed that part, teddy bear. Read that post again.

I'm not the OP by the way.

Whoops! Sorry about that! My apologies! I thought you were the OP
Sincerely Apologize!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by WWu777

Plagiarism..... Own up and admit to that! ATS should ban you! - Give them a reason not too!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Hey, the second we are born we are slaves to hunger, sickness, and death. Even if you escape society you're still a slave to those things.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I rejoice that one more person has recognised the truth. One person waking up to the truth has an exponential knock on effect on the collective consciousness...the ripple of change is happening.

Your realisation is one more strike against TPTB. Good stuff.
edit on 10-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
You are a slave to your own desires... what is your master is what you are a slave to....not "the system."

If you want nothing and can provide exclusively for yourself, then you are a slave to no one and nothing. That is why some religions and faiths and sects preach austerity, humility, self denial....

A few examples are the Amish, the Shakers, maybe the Buddists...objects and possessions are temporary or serve the material self, true freedom comes from within...the mind and the soul.

There is a common idea or anecdote that " the happiest people I've ever seen didn't have a pot to piss in." That stems from the very notion that material wealth enslaves the master.

Unfortunately, unless we live like Grizzly Adams, Jeremiah Johnson, or some monk on a mountain top, we fall to our weaker desires...a nice house, the need of an automobile or truck, clothes, good foods....

All of these require money...which means we have to work...which means we are giving up an agreed to portion of our time/skills for an equal portion of goods and services... that is called trade, commerce, and basic economic principle. However, the more I want and the greedier I become... the more I have to trade my time and freedom.

You, in effect, enslave yourself.... when you realize this...you can then walk away from that lifestyle...and begin freeing yourself. Good Luck

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magnivea
Yeah, I just see one major problem with this thread.

But on ATS? Anyone that's been looking around long enough to decide they want to create an account already is very familiar with every thought and observation put forward here. And here I was thinking there would be some amazing life changing information here. Stupid me.

Okay, so how's this for a thought. The corraling and regimenting in this life is just the start of it. Yep, from what I've learned, the "hereafter" is when you really get to be roped in. Y'know that concept of "holy", and te idea of "worshipping the one true god", well in reality, the creator of what we know as existence doesn't share that existence with us, and the hands-on version is just another passed person who figured out why the human mind searches for connection with the true author of this entire existential environment.

As to why anyone would bother crafting a multi-version narrative that features either a Supreme Being, a Great Spirit, an "All", a Super Consciousness, an Uber Deity, or any combination of the aforementioned, and feed it back into the corporeal realm, over a longer time than this universe has been around - well, that should be obvious. People (regardless of whether they are Earth-centric people or not) don't really change when they toss the corpse into the hole and move on. And what do people do, if they get the chance to, in this corporeal realm? They dominate other people. And its as easy to understand as that.

All that such a cabal would need is the knowledge that humanity (in whatever form it takes as it manifests during its corporeal stage of development) will instinctively accept the concept of an accessible creator being, as well as knowing that such a being is not actually available to be accessed by either corporeal or passed humanity, and the rest of the plan sort of becomes obvious. They announce that they represent - or even are - that creator being, and they simply are that being by default.

Then, if there is opposition, they craft the concept of Evil as a personified entity that is the enemy of humanity, and lump all opposition into that herd of personified Evil.

And then, they roll the concept out within the corporeal realm - which they know exists, because that's where they developed before passing into the "spirit realm" yourself. After all, it's in the corporeal realm where the human being is actually developed and prepared for eternal existence. With the right balance of competing theologies and associated religions - and even most forms of atheistic spiritualism for those folks who resist the storybook narratives that enchant others - they can have a massive majority of passing humans looking for and expecting the "light" to greet them and guide them to where the open slots are in your already established kingdom, where they will work happily in whatever manner people work in that realm. Content that they are in heaven, or nirvana, or a ring of spiritual progression, or whatever their specific version of spirituality has them anticipating, and this cabal is the King of Hell - and for the only reason that anyone would even bother with such a charade - because it's better than someone else being the king. And because they're human beings, and that's just how human beings are.

There, now that's a real conspiracy, and I'll guarantee that if you do any research at all about what the "hereafter" experience is like - whether through theological research, or the tons of crap published by psychics, channelers and mediums - the one constant you'll find is the layers of middle managers and bureaucrats that will guide you and administer to you, and help you find your "spiritual work" once you've crossed over. You'll also find that if you refuse to cross over, that you're "cursed to walk as the dead among the living", "a ghost", "an earthbound spirit", a "tragic haunting", "avoiding eternal damnation", or any of a myriad of negative descriptions. But that if you "go to the light", you'll find all your loved ones, and become enligtened concerning all things you've ever wanted to understand about your own life, and maybe even allowed to come back to Earth for a new - and possibly better - life experience.

And all you have to do is follow your handlers and go to the light.

Hell, they even provide handlers that (could it be?) look exactly like your dead relatives and/or friends. That said, the Near Death Experiences of many children also include relatives and friends that greet them to guide them to the light, but the difference for these little ones is that these guides are the "spirits" of people who aren't dead yet. And this is because these little kids don't know anyone who is dead. All the people they know are still alive, and they know better than to walk off with strangers. Kind of makes you wonder who, exactly, is coming for the immediately departing as they depart. And why.

I just never forget that people don't change when they dump the body. That seems to be a pretty good over all explanation for stuff that has been elevated to the transcendent, while exhibiting all the characteristics of mundane human behavior. In my view, this world is the least of your worries. It's just prepping you for the next one.

There, now that's something to think about.
edit on 12/10/2010 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Somehumanbeing
The first half of your post: star and flag (ohhh... haha)

I've been telling that to people for years, although I was unaware of concepts such as the "bildeberg group". They simply do not listen, or do no care. They do not give a # that their life is an illusion. I mean, damn, i just don't understand, they simply do not give a #. Maybe i'm not part of that herd because I live a somewhat nomadic lifestyle throughout my childhood and teens? This maybe caused me the inability to be institutionalised succesfully? I don't know, they just simply do not give a #.

That's cause sheeple think that awakened people are crazy and awakened people think the sheeple are crazy. lol

Here is what Eric Fromm had to say about this:

"The sick individual finds himself at home with all other similarly sick individuals. The whole culture is geared to this kind of pathology. The result is that the average individual does not experience the separateness and isolation the fully schizophrenic person feels. He feels at ease among those who suffer from the same deformation; in fact, it is the fully sane person who feels isolated in the insane society — and he may suffer so much from the incapacity to communicate that it is he who may become psychotic." - Eric Fromm (The Anatomy of Human Destructiveness)

Also, this parable applies:

"The parable of the poisoned well

There was once a wise king who ruled over a vast city. He was feared for his might and loved for his wisdom. Now in the heart of the city, there was a well whose waters were pure and crystalline from which the king and all the inhabitants drank. When all were asleep, an enemy entered the city and poured seven drops of a strange liquid into the well. And he said that henceforth all who drink this water shall become mad.

All the people drank of the water, but not the king. And the people began to say, "The king is mad and has lost his reason. Look how strangely he behaves. We cannot be ruled by a madman, so he must be dethroned."

The king grew very fearful, for his subjects were preparing to rise against him. So one evening, he ordered a golden goblet to be filled from the well, and he drank deeply. The next day, there was great rejoicing among the people, for their beloved king had finally regained his reason."

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by pipconvert
To the OP:

Hum, hum... simply put, did you really have to meditate THAT deeply to come to a conclusion that by browsing ATS for about 2 hours you'd come to the same conclusion?

You're pretty much summing up everything that's being said here over and over again... we know we are slaves, how THE HELL do we get out of this mess is what you should be focussed on, not rubbing it, even further, in our faces LOL (no pun intended here)...

Appreciate the effort though.

Yeah well I wrote that essay for the mainstream population. I know you already know it. But sometimes it helps to know WHY you are a slave, not just that you are a slave.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I agree with you.We are slaves.And some people turned this slavery into addiction.When all the things that enslave us are missing from their lives they would do anything too get them back.Some are so used to this state that if you tell them that they are free they beg for the chains to be put back on.
I read this thread a few hours ago,but since i'm at work i couldn't answer at the time.Since i read the OP i had 2 conversations with 2 different clients that actually proove your point.The first is addicted to money.He would do anything to get money.But for the time being he is gambling.The second one is enslaved by his fears.He is literally afraid of eveything..This fear has turned him into hating himself and others.

My favourite quote on this matter comes from my favourite Greek author.He once said in one of his speeches:"We all live inside glass bottles.Some of us are hitting their heads against the glass until the glass breaks or our head"
(i can't recall if it was his saying or he quoted someone else)
And since then that is what im doing.I try to be free.As free as possible.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magnivea
Yeah, I just see one major problem with this thread.

Is there anyone on here that is not totally aware of anything in the OP already? This thread, with some added source material, would be great on ANY other forum. Maybe make people look at things differently. Realize they are not really happy because it is a virtual impossibility in the world they live in.

But on ATS? Anyone that's been looking around long enough to decide they want to create an account already is very familiar with every thought and observation put forward here. And here I was thinking there would be some amazing life changing information here. Stupid me.

I realize that posting that here is just preaching to the choir, but I wrote that for the mainstream.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek
Are you the author of this:

www.davidicke.com...

If not, you have some explaining to do!

Yes of course I am. Can't you see? My user name there is WWu777, just like it is here on ATS! I post on both forums.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join