It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dissolving the Palestinian Authority?!‬‪ ‬‪

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Dissolving the Palestinian Authority?!‬‪ ‬‪

liveshot s.blogs.foxnews.com

The U.S. failure to persuade Israel to renew a limited freeze on construction in West Bank settlements was the latest setback for the Obama administration in its mission to reach a peace deal between the Israelis and the Palestinians. The goal of a Palestinian State, a top priority for the president, appears increasingly in doubt....

...But the U.S government's inability to do so showed how little the American administration is able to pressure Israel when needed.‪

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   

"I cannot accept, upon my honor, to remain the president of an authority that doesn't exist, because practically and from an international perspective, we don't exist," Abbas said during an interview with a local Palestinian television station. ‪

The dissolving of the Palestinian Authority will have severed consequences on Israel's economy and is likely to become a recipe for the beginning of a new wave of violence. Palestinians say that the collapse will help organizations like Hamas and Hezbollah to gain more popularity as they advocate using arms instead of peaceful talks with Israel.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I have wondered why the Palestinian Authority has lasted this long, as it has done little, if anything at all, for the Palestinian people, not even so much as a faint hint of autonomy. It's almost as if the PA is a win-win for Israel, as the Zionist state doesn't have the full burden of administering the Palestinian territories and the Palestinian people stay at least a little subdued with hope that there is at least a chance. The same thing with the Israeli people, more or less. However, Israel is still clearly doing whatever Israel wants.

It is my belief that by dissolving the Palestinian Authority, this is only going to add burden on Israel, as not too much will change for the Palestinians, other than a fleeting sense of hope, if hope was ever there. This situation can deteriate fast, regardless of which side of the fence you sit on.

As far as the Obama admin failing to make any progress in the region, that's what many of us have been saying for years, even long before Obama was known to the public. Clearly, Israel is in charge here and Israel is going to do whatever Israel wants, as they always do. Unfortunately, we don't have the world's largest lobby groups lobbying Tel Aviv and the Israeli media.

--airspoon

liveshot s.blogs.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 9-12-2010 by airspoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Oh they do exist, as the worms beneath the Jewish peoples feet.

Can we just get rid of the entire state.

I don't get it, if these people needed a home land, here in Canada, we have this place it's called Saskatchewan... NO ONE LIVES THERE! Sure you don't have the desert mountains or Arab sand, but you will be able to see your anti semite enemies coming for days as the land is so flat...

I really have no idea, what I'm talking about.

new topics

join