It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Milky Way - Welcome to your New Home Galaxy!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Brilliant post and it will take some time to go through the articles but in the interim some points picked from the post....

We passed the galactic plane 2 million years ago and are 50 light years out? That seems to deal with the 2012 Galactic Plane stuff.

BUT

There is a stream of planets coming towards us?

If this cannot be seen as the articles state other than with infra-red equipment then could the Russians building 5000 bunkers and the Americans building FEMA camps and various 'safety' installations not all point to a suggestion that they actually DO know something is coming for us, and that they also know that generally people are NOT going to be able to see this - maybe until it is too late.

I am not in the least bit inclined towards doom scenarios but reading your post many things suddenly clicked into place.

Edit: Why in Aliens & UFOs? This belongs in a scientific forum or in Fragile Earth. I think the mods should move it as it definitely does not belong in this forum.

edit on 9/12/2010 by PuterMan because: Bah box, can't you read?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

could the Russians building 5000 bunkers

Do you have additional info about this? A reliable source?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by rajaten
reply to post by LiveForever8

Sagittarius here we come hey? Sounds cool. What does this mean for us earthlings in this lifetime?

Anything different?

Just be careful when outside, don't bump your head into low flying Galaxy's

Seriously.... nothing to worry about.

Great post - Thanks Zorgon

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I got some new brushes recently. During breaks been making some graphics. Here is my current desktop.

Also, this is who the creator of the brushes are-

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6d86cd4f41a4.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I just LOVE the way the arrogance of Humanity believes that EVERYTHING should revolve around it.
The fact that the Galaxy we are in ISN'T flat NOR horizontal to our perception is staggeringly arrogant to the extreme.
We live on a round ball like object called the Earth, so someone somewhere on this rock IS going to be at the right angle of the Galaxy.
Star and a flag for the OP though.
Last I thought the universe was round and infinite and we don't really have horizontal or vertical dimensions do we?
Or am I thinking too much?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Fantastic thread Zorgon. Can you answer me this question , in relation to your thread? How many times, since the currently understood existance of life on Earth, has this planet passed the Galactic plane? I mean how many circuits of the Milky Way happened between the creation of the planet from the dust of the early days of time, and this point, when we realised what the hell was going on?
Also , accepting that it will have no effect whatsoever on anybody here today, what changes can future people expect to see, when at the furthest point from galactic centre? I mean whats the sky going to look like when we are 250 light years away from the Galaxy proper? Futhermore, are thier any graphics available which compare our position relative to the galactic plane, and the timing related to the evolution of our planet , and the life which exists on it ?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Great thread zorgon

Wish I could give you more then just a flag and star.

This is some of the coolest info yet to come from ATS!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

No words to express my thanks. Only a respectful silence. Thank you again Zorgon. S / F

edit on 9-12-2010 by RUSSO because: COOL

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
So the theory is, our original Galaxy sometime in the last billions of years got eaten be the Milky Way and that's why we are on the edge of it.
Cool.
I wonder what would happen if the Milky Way ran into a bigger galaxy, cosmic collision, ouch!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
This day has gone from good to better and is now on best. This information is simply astounding and thank you for bringing it to us
. I wonder what else other investigations will turn up.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Very well presented thread, thank you for sharing it.
s&f

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
As always Zorgon Brilliant thread.
It was refreshing like all your work

Thanks for sharing with us

cj6

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Very interesting thread
U just taught me something new and thats amazing to learn us and our solar system are from another galaxy

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
I just LOVE the way the arrogance of Humanity believes that EVERYTHING should revolve around it.
The fact that the Galaxy we are in ISN'T flat NOR horizontal to our perception is staggeringly arrogant to the extreme.
We live on a round ball like object called the Earth, so someone somewhere on this rock IS going to be at the right angle of the Galaxy.
Star and a flag for the OP though.
Last I thought the universe was round and infinite and we don't really have horizontal or vertical dimensions do we?
Or am I thinking too much?

yeah, you are thinking too much. No one thinks the universe is infinite. It wouldn't be expanding, and doing so at an ever increasing rate, if it was already infitie. Room for growth=finite.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Soooooo........does that make us a "conquered" solar system or are we more like a ramora hitching a ride on the Milky Way.....I wonder......

Did our rent go up?

Nice work Z, as usual -- keep it up!

Still EAGERLY anticipating ROC'ing through your highly anticipated bulk He3 contract thread!!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Electric Crown

Well , much as I agree with the drive of what you say , I must pull you up on the idea that the presence of room in which to grow equals a finite end, its not actualy sound.
Infinite space in which to grow, is still infinite. The only way we will ever know, is if the universe stops expanding, and just increases in pressure , or collapses, or both. One thing is for sure though. We havent got the damnedest clue which it is in truth, just a bunch of mathmaticians guessing with what they do know as a basis, and baring in mind that we have JUST discovered that we were not part of the Milky Way until pretty recently in cosmological terms, I would say that thier knowlege base doesnt qualify them to make a judgement on the limits of the space in which the universe is expanding.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
S&F from me for this one. I was beginning to wonder where all the good threads went and then you posted this. I'm still reading and checking out the listed links but I have say now, Great Thread!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
wow, Incredible information. I had no idea where we really were, i thought that we were on one the arms, in the spiral galaxy Milky way. so we are actually part of another galaxy moving into the milky way, and above the spirals?
edit on 9-12-2010 by MR BOB because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

The milky way is on a collision course with Andromeda in a few billion years.

Universe today

Space.com

And a couple of nice simulations.

edit on 9-12-2010 by Jamjar because: spelling

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Excellent work and presentation.
S&F

Thanks zorgon - love this stuff but have little time to dig. I really appreciate it when someone else does all the work. Thanks again.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join