It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy Secretary Mabus pushes Pentagon to feed soldiers more Gulf seafood

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Navy Secretary Mabus pushes Pentagon to feed soldiers more Gulf seafood

www.rawstory.com

Navy Secretary Ray Mabus wants the Pentagon to buy as much Gulf seafood as possible to help the region's seafood industry recover from the damage of BP's oil spill.

Secretary Mabus reportedly told the Defense Commissary Agency, which operates a worldwide chain of 284 commissaries to provide groceries to military personnel, "that we should be buying Gulf Coast seafood," according to The New Orleans Times-Picayune.

"He expressed what we wanted to hear; he is in favor of the federal governmen
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
This is the kind of thing that pisses me off. TPTB are willing to endanger the health of people (our troops even), all for the mighty buck, so long as their family isn't subjected to the same experiments. This is incredible.

You would think that our soldiers would be the last people who we would want to "test" the healthiness of Gulf seafood on, though sadly, that's not the way the elites think. So long as they and their families are healthy and the idustry which lobbies them are making profit, they could care less. Navy Secretary Mabus clearly doesn't care for the health and welfare of those he is charged with doing just that, though doesn't that seem to be the case with most in government?

Don't get me wrong, I want the gulf fishing industry to succeed -or bounce back, though I'm not willing put our troops in harm's way because of it, or anyone else who isn't willing.

Also, this kind of danger won't be fealt immediately. Instead, it would probably affect our service men and women a long time down the road, after they have already proved useful to the elites.

It's this kind of disregard for the peasant class that makes my stomach sick. If Navy Secretary Mabus wants to help the Gulf industry, then maybe he should buy more Gulf seafood for his family and give our service members the choice as to whether they want to possibly endanger themselves by ingesting chemical and oil laden seafood.

I have a good idea! If you want to boost the Gulf fishing industry, have the White House and US Capital buildings buy more seafood from the Gulf, to put in our elected officials diet, instead of subjecting our troops to it, people who don't have a say.

--airspoon

www.rawstory.com
edit on 8-12-2010 by airspoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
No surprise there, since our gov and CIA have a long history of pissing on the soldiers and using them as their guinea pigs.

"Eat up those toxins troops! We promise they're perfectly healthy!"

I will discourage my kids till the day I die to NEVER get involved with this current military set up and war-machine, as they do not give two craps about ANY of these soldiers.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Commissaries are the grocery stores on military installations. You can buy any food you want there. Just like any grocery store anywhere. By supplying the gulf seafood to these grocery stores, they are not forcing soldiers or their families to buy it. Soldiers or their families can pass it by and put tater tots in their shopping carts instead.

CX

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
The public will fall for this too.

If its good enough for our invincible troops....its good enough for us!

Nothing the troops can do or say about it either. You eat what you're given.

CX.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

First of all, the chow halls will often purchase food from the commisaries. Furthermore, the commisaries would most likely be only an innitial step. Also, many soldiers have no choice but to shop for food at the commisaries, as it is often the only store for food around (in some overseas and domestic military instillations), or for soldierss without a means to go off base. All of this isn't even mentioning the fact that many people won't be aware they are purchasing seafood that was swimming in a sea of chemicals.

--airspoon

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The troopies in the squad bays however have to eat whats put in front of them........
The Gov Boys have been feeding toxic crap to the people as a means to get rid of idustrial wastes!
Alrady documented is the way we got to drink flouride from our water....
(it is an industrial waste that was expensive to get rid of,It comes from making aluminium.)
The ptb was sold on putting it in our water with very little to nil consultation or science.The interveneing years have shown that it is ineffective as a tooth hardener,(reason for use) but it is still toxic.!
The idea of stuffing the troops with chemical laden sea food from the gulf is on par with the elites attitude towards the ordinary people.
The facts are plain to see. we are cattle to them, nothing more than that.
Good find airspoon,but im not sure there is anything we can do to stop this practice..its been going on for a long time.
All i can say is , the soldiers have guns and they can protect themselves from being forced to eat the stuff......heheheh
It definately time we refused to take part in various goverment initiatives....vaccinations, etc....without seeing the science behind it first.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Isn't "Mabus" the name Nostrodamus gives as the 3rd antichrist?
Also, as a Gulf Resident, i don't believe the gov't line about Gulf seafood, but the concentration levels in the seafood are low enough that occasionally eating it won't harm you too much. It's eating the stuff on a weekly basis like most folks do down here that will hurt you.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Reminds me of Nostradamus' "Mabus".

Mabus will soon die, then will come,
A horrible undoing of people and animals,
At once one will see vengeance,
One hundred hands [powers], thirst, famine, when the comet will pass.

I wonder if the "horrible undoing" will be from eating Gulf seafood?

edit on 8-12-2010 by Nutter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by louieprima

You beat me to the post lol.. I was gonna say the exact same thing about mabus. It was one of Nostradamus prophecies.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon

This is the kind of thing that pisses me off. TPTB are willing to endanger the health of people (our troops even), all for the mighty buck, so long as their family isn't subjected to the same experiments. This is incredible.

You would think that our soldiers would be the last people who we would want to "test" the healthiness of Gulf seafood on, though sadly, that's not the way the elites think. So long as they and their families are healthy and the idustry which lobbies them are making profit, they could care less. Navy Secretary Mabus clearly doesn't care for the health and welfare of those he is charged with doing just that, though doesn't that seem to be the case with most in government?

Don't get me wrong, I want the gulf fishing industry to succeed -or bounce back, though I'm not willing put our troops in harm's way because of it, or anyone else who isn't willing.

Also, this kind of danger won't be fealt immediately. Instead, it would probably affect our service men and women a long time down the road, after they have already proved useful to the elites.

It's this kind of disregard for the peasant class that makes my stomach sick. If Navy Secretary Mabus wants to help the Gulf industry, then maybe he should buy more Gulf seafood for his family and give our service members the choice as to whether they want to possibly endanger themselves by ingesting chemical and oil laden seafood.

I have a good idea! If you want to boost the Gulf fishing industry, have the White House and US Capital buildings buy more seafood from the Gulf, to put in our elected officials diet, instead of subjecting our troops to it, people who don't have a say.

--airspoon

www.rawstory.com

Truth! I bet none of the government officials, or anybody intelligent for that matter would be consuming seafood from the gulf after what just happened. It's like they intentionally want to poison our troops. and I don't mean to scare people but I've heard that the chemical Cynthia that is supposedly dissapating the oil is a super virus. We need a way to get our troops info, so when they come home they don't wonder what the hell is happening here! They have no regard for the lives of our brave soldiers, so why don't they send their children.. Damn politicans. The gears they are grinding are wearing thin..
Hopefully some of the species that were endangered made it out of the gulf, I'm still scared to see how far it's going to end up spreading. The damage could be irreversible for the businesses and health of people along the shore. Perhaps we have enough flowing water on the Earth to disperse it, Could it sink to the bottom?

new topics

top topics

join