It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Hactivists' wage Operation Payback

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   

'Hactivists' wage Operation Payback

timesofindia.indiatimes.com

They're calling it Operation Payback. A group of activist hackers (hactivists) went to work on PostFinance, the Swiss Bank that froze donations made to the whistleblower site, and brought it down for some time. Next, they promised to target PayPal, the online payment company that cancelled WikiLeaks account; Anon_Operation posted on Twitter, target: www.paypal.com is YOYOing.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
The revolution is near. People realize the oppression we are in more and more everyday.

I can't stand for everything wikileaks has released - but I'll tell you this much, the actions the world's governments have taken against Julian Assange to keep him quiet are louder than the cables released.

timesofindia.indiatimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

Turns out I may have joined this site at a pivotal time.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
God speed more power to them.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Indeed.

This site can either keep you on your toes or knock you straight off your feet.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

They just took out mastercard.com.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
There is defiantly a suppression of Wikileaks going on here and the charges against Mr A and the refusal of bail against a large security from the UK judge suggest to me intervention by higher forces...

I hope that the Hackers and the rest actually ' hurt ' these sites and cause problems and I can see that people are starting to wake up.... Not many but some...... We need to inform those who are still asleep and tell them the truth...

What can I do to help this ??

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
[SNIP]

Mod Edit: Please see the Terms and Conditions:

16b.) HaXor: You will not use the Websites for the purposes of sharing or distributing viruses, licenses, registration information, software keys, "cracks," or other information designed to do harm to or allow unlawful access to any computer hardware, software, networks, or any other systems. You will also not link to sites that contains discussion of such material. Doing so will result in removal of your Post(s) and immediate termination of your account.

edit on 8-12-2010 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
In no way shape or form am I condoning hacking of any kind, but I will state that anyone who wants to support this cause has the power of Google.

And, they also have all the information needed on the link posted, hint hint Operation Payback.

So please, for future reference do not post anything directly malicious, or instructions on how-to. That is a direct violation of the forums T&C.
edit on 8-12-2010 by Gemwolf because: Wrong post. Nevermind.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
If they really want payback they should be attacking JP Morgan. I know it hasn't done anything to harm Assange directly. But it's a legitimate target and already under attack by silver bugs and Max Keisers loyal minions.

If JPM goes to $0 the USG will be so busy crapping their pants they won't have time to deal with Assange.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Nobody sees how this is playing into the hands of people like Lieberman who want to be able to censor the web?
I have my doubts about the origin of the hackers as well.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Don't worry, I can assure you their agenda is nothing out of the realm of sheer unadulterated destruction.

They aim to destroy anyone who stands in their way, and Lieberman isn't far off the path.

DDoSing is also not the limit of their ability, they can most definitely ensure that people like Lieberman end up looking like ass clowns.

Anonymous should be respected, as much as it should be feared.

Our anonymity in the world is a precious gem, and I'll steer away from a barcode on the back of the neck.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Please add any comments to the existing thread found here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join