It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The First Continental Congress

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
We as "free-beings with inalienable rights" always knew something was fishy about the uses and/or the supposed need of "money." Because we know "the best things in life are for free."

A subjective introduction:

Those of you who've clicked-on any of my OP threads are familiar with the fact that my threads are not well written, nor am I good at the articulation of what I try to share or convey. My wife understands that I'm an abstract thinker, and how vague I am when trying to articulate whatever it is I'm trying to "spit-out." For it is true that we've always had the key to knowledge, it isn't until we reason with our "inner-agency" that our own sense of understanding and our own sense of reason be felt; then we realize how simple are the many complexities of life...

This isn't put together as I had hoped it would be. Good luck in staying on the path and following where I intend to welcome you; into an abstract state of mind, the ability to simplify complexities.

This is a "practice thread" so I hope the topic I chose is pertinent to this forum...If necessary to move, by all means, have at it Mods!

Being a trader is to be a traitor; of the First Continental Congress

The original plan was for free states to govern themselves..."Born free with inalienable rights"

free enterprise: something we should not believe in nor have faith in...but we do?

Definition Business governed by the laws of supply and demand, not restrained by government interference, regulation or subsidy. also called free market.

Do I have the right to abandon a free-market system and live peaceably on my own land? We are entitled to the Earth and it's resources, because we were born into it...Bottom line. "Nobody is 'entitled' to my lot but me."

www.buzzle.com...

The First Continental Congress The people of the thirteen colonies revolted and representatives met in Philadelphia. This Continental Congress agreed not to put up with British Imperialism any more. They revolted against trade and the presence of the British on the land. The British even sent soldiers to break up the Congress. The representatives then organized the people of the thirteen colonies in an army, under the leadership of George Washington. The army comprised of workers and laymen, with no military background or training.

After the war...

Purpose of the Bill of Rights: The Bill of Rights addresses primary issues such as: • The Bill of Rights was designed to guard US citizens against the abuse of basic rights granted by the Constitution. • Prohibition of any act that deprives life, liberty and/or property, illegally.

What is the Purpose of the Constitution of United States?
www.buzzle.com...

The primary purpose of the Constitution of the United States of America is to provide a sense of direction to the organization of the three branches of the US Government. The draft outlines the individual and combined powers of each branch, while reserving the rights of each individual state.
It defines the importance of jury trials, civil liberties and duties and the accountability of the government. The Preamble establishes the importance of the Union and the need for a common line of defense to ensure general welfare of the American community.
The Constitution of the United States of America also very clearly defines that the federal government does not enjoy authority outside of the established clauses in the Preamble. The Constitution of the United States of America also spells out the following civil liberties:
• Freedom of Religion
• Freedom of Speech
• Freedom to Media Access
• Freedom of Assembly
• Freedom of Petition It specifies the following rights of individuals:
• Right to possess firearms
• Right to question arrests and property seizures, without a warrant
• Right to a public trial for criminal offenses
• Right to question excessive bail or unusual punishment

The Constitution describes the legislative paradigms of the Congress' bicameral body, qualifications of representatives and the duties of the Senate and House of Representatives. Similarly, in the judicial specifications, it emphasizes on the role of the United States Supreme Court in the enactment of laws.
The Presidency is defined in the segment that highlights the Executive branch of the government. The oath, powers and duties are enumerated, alongside disqualification on the grounds of impeachment.
The draft describes the desired interdependency and extradition between the states, civil privileges and immunities, taxation limitations and the process by which the Constitution could be amended or altered in the future.

What is treason?

betrayal of country: a violation of the allegiance owed by somebody to his or her own country, e.g. by aiding an enemy.
1. treachery: betrayal or disloyalty
2. act of betrayal: an act of betrayal or disloyalty
3. act of betrayal: an act of betrayal or disloyalty

What is Breach of Peace?

www.buzzle.com...

The term 'breach' implies non-fulfillment of a condition or a failure to perform an act that has been promised previously. In legal language, the term breach is quite generic in nature and involves any kind of non-performance, violation, non-fulfillment of an obligation or in general any unlawful or disorderly act by a person, company (incorporated) or even the government! An intrusion of fundamental rights and violation of public policy that is injurious to society and human beings.

What is the Patriot Act?

www.bing.com...

Patriot Act

noun- A federal anti-terror measure: a set of federal antiterrorism measures that lowers the standards of probable cause for obtaining intelligence warrants against suspected spies, terrorists, and other enemies of the United States

Patriot act

For a time, the USA PATRIOT Act allowed for agents to undertake "sneak and peek" searches. Critics such as EPIC and the ACLU strongly criticized the law for violating the Fourth Amendment, with the ACLU going so far as to release an advertisement condemning it and calling for it to be repealed.

However supporters of the amendment, such as Heather Mac Donald, a fellow at the Manhattan Institute and contributing editor to the New York City Journal, expressed the belief that it was necessary because the temporary delay in notification of a search order stops terrorists from tipping off counterparts who are being investigated.

In 2004, FBI agents used this provision to search and secretly examine the home of Brandon Mayfield, who was wrongfully jailed for two weeks on suspicion of involvement in the Madrid train bombings. While the U.S. Government did publicly apologize to Mayfield and his family, Mayfield took it further through the courts. On September 26, 2007, judge Ann Aiken found the law was, in fact, unconstitutional as the search was an unreasonable imposition on Mayfield and thus violated the Fourth Amendment

This thread is a work in progress...

Please add whatever is on your mind, let's collaborate!

edit on (12/7/1010 by loveguy because: title of thread

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Basically what I'm trying to convey is;

We could govern ourselves, just like the Articles of Confederation was originally intended to do.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Eh?

I've gone and posted another thread that was originally in my plan to include in this thread...

Link to other thread

Have at it!

new topics

join