It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former NM Governor says theories on Roswell “pretty close” according to briefing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I don't know if this article was serious in its claims on what former New Mexico governor Gary Johnson said, but I saw this today and saw no other post on this using any search terms.

www.elliscountyobserver.com/?p=16691

Former New Mexico Gov. Gary Johnson Says Roswell Alien Researchers ‘Pretty Close’ to Having it Right

November 12, 2010

Tonight’s Two Turtle Doves-in-Palmer event that welcomed former New Mexico Gov. Gary Johnson also spurred a little light-hearted back and forth about the infamous UFOs and aliens in Roswell, N.M. Johnson, either sarcastically or dead serious, said upon his first election (he served two, four-year terms) that he was briefed in a basement and that the folks in Roswell were “pretty close” to having it right as to what happened there X amount of years ago.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The problem with sarcasm these days, as we have learned in other threads... the problem is sarcasm IS dead serious. So I'd say +1 for ET.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
So if he was briefed, maybe the 11 governers before him were also briefed, and if it was being briefed by different people...then a whole load of people know the truth and yet there is no hard proof just a conspiracy theory?

This guy might run for president in 2012 according to the web, wonder what he will be briefed on then, nothing he cant read about in wikileaks im sure.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
The problem with sarcasm these days, as we have learned in other threads... the problem is sarcasm IS dead serious. So I'd say +1 for ET.
Does that apply to this too?

Roswell Aliens Were Mormons!

Lighthearted is lighthearted.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
The thing is, if it WAS an alien craft, he would have no need to know that. It wouldn't serve a Governor any purpose to know what the Federal government and the national military did 60 years ago in a field in his state.

If it wasn't aliens, then I could see him being briefed simply so that he could have a rational response ready if he was confronted on the issue.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MisterBurns

While I still don't know if the original story is accurate, my take on this brief report is this: Johnson was the governor during the time of the 50th anniversary of the Roswell incident. A time when the Roswell conspiracy theory gathered the most media attention. Briefing him on the subject may have made him more pliable to whatever demands the U.S. government at the time had in keeping the Roswell story in the realm of entertainment rather than a potential serious public state inquiry.

If that was the case I imagine the next New Mexico governor to be briefed will be in 2022 at the 75th anniversary and the 100th in 2047.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
I don't know if this article was serious in its claims on what former New Mexico governor Gary Johnson said, but I saw this today and saw no other post on this using any search terms.

www.elliscountyobserver.com/?p=16691

Former New Mexico Gov. Gary Johnson Says Roswell Alien Researchers ‘Pretty Close’ to Having it Right

November 12, 2010

Tonight’s Two Turtle Doves-in-Palmer event that welcomed former New Mexico Gov. Gary Johnson also spurred a little light-hearted back and forth about the infamous UFOs and aliens in Roswell, N.M. Johnson, either sarcastically or dead serious, said upon his first election (he served two, four-year terms) that he was briefed in a basement and that the folks in Roswell were “pretty close” to having it right as to what happened there X amount of years ago.

Mr. Gary Earl Johnson is in no position to make any statements pro or con about the events that happened near Roswell in 1947. He was born January 1, 1953! All he can do is repeat what he has learned and then decide which side he likes better and to support.

new topics

top topics

join