It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks = Voldomort

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Wikileaks is the lurking evil which shall not be named! Seems kind of like Voldomort doesn't it?? You can't say the name without wikileaks gaining power. The PTB (aka the ministry) openly denies wikileaks is doing anything important, all the while freaking out and imposing all kinds of draconian measures upon the people (students). No speaking of wikileaks or you are expelled!!

What a strange correlation. Any thoughts?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

Well thats 1 way of looking at things ill grant you that

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I think comparing this situation to a series of books/films involving people flying on brooms and chanting weird spells is one of the most ridiculous things i have heard on ATS! Or anywhere else for that matter.

Also many people including myself still think Wikileaks isn't 'evil' so that;s slightly flawed, but hey ho whatever floats ya boat.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
Wikileaks is the lurking evil which shall not be named! Seems kind of like Voldomort doesn't it?? You can't say the name without wikileaks gaining power. The PTB (aka the ministry) openly denies wikileaks is doing anything important, all the while freaking out and imposing all kinds of draconian measures upon the people (students). No speaking of wikileaks or you are expelled!!

What a strange correlation. Any thoughts?

First thought - they are displaying signs of psychosis.

Second thought - they are ramping up the effects of these leaks - which did expose them in some very uncomfortable ways - because WL said they had some info which would turn a major bank inside out.
They are all guilty of massive fraud, from what I've read other sites, so they will try anything at all to stop the bank info from being made public, hence the hysteria.

I can't help wishing WL would release the info on the banks now, it might just save his bacon!

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Hmm, interesting thought. Don't say the name or the 'Leaks Death Eaters will turn up at your door and snatch you away for being one of the resistance.

Except they sort of think they are the resistance so that doesn't really work...

Anyway being sensible for a moment; WikiLeaks, WikiLeaks... I dunno. I wouldn't say it was 'evil' but I don't think I agree with it. Shoot me down in flames but I don't think anyone should be 'leaking' the kind of information that could hurt others. And they are. The people that are fighting the wars and stuff didn't cause any of it, they were just doing their jobs, and they shouldn't be put in any more danger just so we know where a few bases are. In my opinion.

And frankly, I don't see how they've managed to get this far... I would've thought they'd've been bumped off by now, before any real power and publicity was gained.

And one last thing... It's Voldemort
(I'm sorry, I'm a Potter nerd!)
edit on 6/12/2010 by Ayana because: .

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
My, that is as generic a comparison as can possibly be made. Shall not be named? When did that apply to Wikileaks?

You can take any story in history and assign Wikileaks to the antagonist and you'd have the same comparison. Silly is all it is.

If you're pro-Wikileaks, then just assign it the protagonist role and you'd have a completely new thread. Derb.

Wikileaks=Luke Skywalker TPTB=The Empire...see how that works?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BarmyBilly

I think comparing this situation to a series of books/films involving people flying on brooms and chanting weird spells is one of the most ridiculous things i have heard on ATS! Or anywhere else for that matter.

Also many people including myself still think Wikileaks isn't 'evil' so that;s slightly flawed, but hey ho whatever floats ya boat.

I am pro-wikileaks (or at least of the idea of wikileaks). It just popped in my head that this odd parallel. And, one of the reasons I posted it is because we all need a little levity. Really we do. I am aware of the ridiculous nature. It was intended.
edit on 6-12-2010 by pirhanna because: clarification

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Can't read it. Can't talk about it. And instead of defending WikiLeak's free speech rights, we're talking about arresting Assange.

You can't make this stuff up.

It's like the world is caught in a bad movie or something. Orwell would find it captivatiing I'm sure.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
lol.. still think he should be killed.. lol.. he needs to die.. I want to see whats in his packages that over one hundred thousand people have downloaded.. lol.. I know if I see him he is gone.. than will see what he has.. but more than not going to happen is that there really is nothing..

top topics

join