It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hmmm is the msm dropping hints about planet x?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
below is an article from yahoo, talking about nasa and a "stealth planet" that is many times the size of jupiter that could be hiding somewhere beyond the oort cloud, and could be the cause of comets/asteroids hitting earth.

now i personally believe that there could be something out there, and others dont and believe it to be nonsense, but where the media starts reporting on it then maybe just maybe there is an element of truth?

im sure we will find out soon enough....heres the link

news.yahoo.com...

what u think?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I've seen this story run a few times now in the media, first heard a few months ago... But lately there is more talk of it...
Maybe there is something out there, there is alot we don't know about the universe.. Although I dont think this is the same object that is claimed to be planet x..

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
lol i posted this 4 days go and started a fight on here
www.abovetopsecret.com... hope this time it is taken better

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Matese has been publicly working on this theory for the last 25 years:
www.nature.com...
Now he's refined his calculations and has come to the conclusion that the hypothetical must lie ~25,000-30,000 AUs from the sun. Though it goes by the name planet X in his paper, it is not the "planet X" popularized by Nancy Lieder and others. Indeed, its very high orbital radius means it must have an orbital period in excess of a million years, in contradiction to Nibiru theories as well. It poses no direct threat to earth even if it exists, its only way of affecting us would be indirectly through disturbed comets causing cyclical showers once every few millions years.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

yes its all very interesting....when astronomers find new planets they are all referred to as planet x, b4 they name them so even though this may not be that freak nancy lieders planet x, it does make u think.

i had said months and months ago when we had that little spate of comets, that my thoughts were that something was near or passing through the oort cloud or the kuiper belt and throwing these comets towards us....but i was told i was an idiot and if there was anything near the oort or kuiper we would have seen it..ie nasa....

guess we will just have to wait and see, im extremely curious as to what that recent shuttle that came back was up there for....

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by buddybaney

whoa....lot of meanies out there huh! well i expect ill get the same result then lol....

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by NWOnoworldorder
i had said months and months ago when we had that little spate of comets, that my thoughts were that something was near or passing through the oort cloud or the kuiper belt and throwing these comets towards us....but i was told i was an idiot and if there was anything near the oort or kuiper we would have seen it..ie nasa....

A massive planet near the kuiper belt, yeah we probably would have found it by now. A massive planet near the oort cloud? Not necessarily; the Oort cloud is a significant fraction of a light year away. Such a planet would not be capable of being involved in any kind of 2012 event previously witnessed by ancient civilizations though; even on a highly elliptical orbit it would take about a million years to reach us. WISE should settle the issue once and for all. If such a planet exists, WISE would find it.
edit on 6-12-2010 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by NWOnoworldorder
...now i personally believe that there could be something out there, and others dont and believe it to be nonsense, but where the media starts reporting on it then maybe just maybe there is an element of truth?

There probably is an element of truth to it, but what do you mean that the "MSM is dropping hints?" That makes it sound as if the media knows of the existence of another planet, but is not telling us.

As ngchunter implied, the idea that another planet-sized body (or even bodies) existing in the Oort cloud is not a new idea, and the research is certainly not a secret or a conspiracy. Mainstream scientist have for years been discussing this very real possibility.

for example, a Japanese team led by Tadashi Mukai (a mainstream scientist who has also worked alongside NASA in the past) announced almost 3 years ago that they think they have the calculations that show a potential new Earth-sized planet, but they have not yet seen it:
www.thetechherald.com...

I don't think the media is deliberatley "hinting at" anything -- I think they are simply reporting this research as it goes along

edit on 12/6/2010 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

What you are is smudging the lines between good solid research and unlearned speculation. There are reasons to be believe this "planet x" is there based on a study of the physics and math. There are many reasons to not believe it is the same thing as "planet x" as usually described on ATS. The physics and math show such a thing as that "planet x" is not possible.
Believing and suggesting the media is "dropping hints" is wrong. They are reporting on a study that is years long and will continue for many years. There is nothing conspiratorial about it.

As for more comets, we have advanced the field of astronomy so much in the pass few years we are now finding more comets, but that doesn't mean there are more comets. It just shows how many comets we have missed previously.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

yep im sure theres something out there...

kx

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
There IS something out there. What gives it the conspiratorial element is the fact that it's covered up in more then one way. For example, all the sky watching software editing out certain portions of the Orion region, etc. Will we ever really know? I doubt it, but I firmly believe that a mass deception has been well underway, and we will not find out for sure until it's too late.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReinkDuser
For example, all the sky watching software editing out certain portions of the Orion region, etc.

Google sky et al are not sky watching software, they're stitched mosaics of previously existing sky surveys. Generally they all draw their data from the same sources and same distributions of those sources. If you go straight to the primary sky survey sources you can find the images "missing" in Orion. No one should be using google sky and similar programs as primary sources of sky survey images. Do you really think they could even cover anything up in orion anyway? It's one of the most-watched constellations.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Just where do you stand on this subject?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Today's BBC article

www.bbc.co.uk...

Why haven't we found aliens yet?
By Alex Hudson
BBC News

Some scientists think there could be thousands of planets with intelligent life
Continue reading the main story
Related stories

Can TV signals be picked up on other planets?
'Superscope' yields first glimpse
The question of whether or not we are alone in the galaxy is one that has fascinated everyone from mathematicians to conspiracy theorists.

But, if extra-terrestrial life forms are abundant in the Universe - as some people believe - why have they not been in contact?

top topics

join