It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The time- traveling Colbert ( the beginnings of a short film)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
My Uncle in TN looks an awful like an older version of Stephen Colbert. My uncle is in his mid sixties, and looks pretty good for his age too.

Now, a work acquaintance of mine looks unbelievably like a slightly younger Colbert. This buddy of mine is in his late twenties.

Soon after I realized these two individuals looked like Mr Colbert it hit me that actually they look like Colbert in different stages of his life…ok, hope you are still with me.

My original idea was simply to write a very simple dialogue between these two actors; it would be really wild for people just to see these guys in these roles. Just having them as the younger and older versions of Mr Colbert could be entertaining in itself
What occurred to me next was that I could at least make an outline for a script and make a short film. It would be better than just basically flashing these guys faces up onto a screen and labeling them…Young Colbert and Old Colbert…although that would still be funny if you could see these guys…So eventually all of this led to the idea of the Time-traveling Colbert.

The older one would go back in time and prepare the younger one for his future in hosting one of the most influential shows in the history of American television. And the end would show the older Colbert basking in his glory years for being his master- of- time-travel self.
Or would it be better just to keep it simple and flash a pair of the actors with one labeled Younger Colbert and the other Older Colbert? What would be the best way to juxtapose this most interesting and entertaining of coincidence? Do you think Colbert would sue me?
I like the guy , I think I can do this in a way that he would like it. Not that that’s my goal. I think I can make people crack up if I do it right…
Your perspectives and feelings are welcome…ultimately I just feel that there is a lot of potential here. Maybe I'm wrong and there's not...

edit on 4-12-2010 by dragonsmusic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

Make a funny vid of Young Colbert and Old Colbert, make it funny enough to go viral, and end up on The Colbert Show, then Colbert will take over from there, and you split the proceeds 50-50.

A supershort film might work too, though. Short enough to make it on the show. I could so see Colbert getting into this.
edit on 4-12-2010 by leira7 because:

How Stephen Colbert Saved The World From Impending Doom With Time Travel.
edit on 4-12-2010 by leira7 because: Robot Colbert as Sequel

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Do they look like this?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by leira7

Make a funny vid of Young Colbert and Old Colbert, make it funny enough to go viral, and end up on The Colbert Show, then Colbert will take over from there, and you split the proceeds 50-50.

A supershort film might work too, though. Short enough to make it on the show. I could so see Colbert getting into this.

All excellent ideas, Leira7. Thanks for your reply.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Do they look like this?

I mean they are white guys with brown hair, my friend, so there is some resemblance to that pic. But it's far more than just that. They look eerily like Colbert in different stages of his life, as I mentioned.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Oh my god, I just noticed the reason for your second edit. " Robot Colbert as Sequel." Ha. That's great.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Do they look like this?

Mon chien, quest-ce que le nombre du?qui est-il? editby]edit on 6-12-2010 by dragonsmusic because: imperfect French

edit on 6-12-2010 by dragonsmusic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

lol, that's SC when he was young.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

To add: I'd do it for free. And I would be way too nervous to ever go onto Colbert Nation. I would do this short film anonymously if I were not already so vocal about everything on this site. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

lol, that's SC when he was young.

There is no way that that is Colbert. That looks more like Ray LaMontagne. I think you are trying to play with me, mon chien.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Colbert and his writers just decided to make Colbert's character travel back in time, just a few days after I started to write this...He went to Egypt looking for Tut's penis

The timing works out for it to have , in some small way, been a reference to this humble thread. Maybe it was synchronicity instead, of something like a dragonsmusic allusion...ha

new topics

top topics

active topics

join