It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are They Still Applying Corexit...?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I have limited access to news, but I found it interesting that I had heard little to nothing lately either from individuals in the affected area of the Gulf or about whether Corexit is sill in use.

Anyone from the area, please chime in here - and flag this thread if you want to see who says what on this issue.
edit on 12/3/2010 by Amaterasu because: bad keyboard - he "t" key sticks

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Well, one flag and no responses... I have 5 minutes left at the library. I hope others want to hear what's going on...

Chime in, gulf members!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Try the Florida Oil Spill Law website for recent updates. They were on top of the issue throughout.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
it's being used all over the planet.
you can trace the producers-nalco-
to exxon and david rockefeller, unleashing
chemical weapons in a war against humanity.
BP and those vermin drill and spill - then spray toxins on
anybody in their way.
it's likely they've disrupted the gulf current and will
suffer the worst winters in 1000 years in europe.
9 pensioners an hour are dying in the uk as we speak.
the gulf sickness creeps up the food chain..
the gulf will die in an act of sabotage.
tony hayward sailed off with 16 million.
bp will drill off libya next..

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Even though i don't live in the GOM. I found this article from the DAILY FINANCE.
Which dicusses the possibility of BP continuning to use corexit,some months after the spill.

Although BP allegedly stopped using chemicals more than a month ago, area residents claim it is still spraying Corexit, a chemical dispersant, from airplanes and boats.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Yeah, I figured they were still spraying. But it's "yesterday's news" now, I guess.

Why aren't we all in an uproar about this continuing destruction to our home and habitat?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
We really don't know, wish we did. Friend Coastal Warriors, the administrators try to keep up. You can find links. This site is safe and there is no fooling around on it. There are some pictures posted taken on Navarre Beach with what looks like snow coming down can't figure out what it is. These pictures were taken last week. There are also photos of flat bed cars on a rail siding taken around Thanksgiving, this in Louisiana.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I believe the goal is to loose the abiotic oil, likely an ocean of it, and mix it into the water supply. This should benefit tptb immensely. The corexit is, evidently, a way for the stuff to land at the very bottom of the food chain: the floor of the ocean, and to do this right before our eyes.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
i briefly watched on tv a number of weeks ago in the uk stephen fry and friend at the gulf of mexico area discussing with bp honchos aspects of the spill and remedies. i could not help but hear a rep of bp stating that corexit was a biological organism before the camera panned away. it was an unusual few seconds that caught my attention.
i do hope i am wrong with this.
f

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
What I don't understand is why we didn't figure that our planet has ways of dealing with such quantities of oil... I mean, if there is oil down there, and the planet experiences earthquakes and land breaking open, oil leakage should be a relatively common occurrance, n'est pas? (Common on a geological scale...)

So I would think that the planet could handle the oil. But the Corexit... Scary stuff, if you ask me.

Anyone living there now with any reports?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
if corexit is indeed a bio-engineered organism that digests oil to break it down, i am wondering what else it has a craving for. with all the reports i read regarding internal bleeding etc, i wonder if this organism prefers ALL carbon based products including multi-cellular carbon based lifeforms.
i am unsure as to whether the corexit has only made the situation worse. i suppose statistical analysis down the line will throw up the answers.
f

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by fakedirt

I'm unclear all of the behavior this substance produces m'self. All I know is that when they originally began the spraying, there were many dire reports. Now, however... Don't hear much at all.

Where are all the people who reported here about animals dying and people getting sick? Why are they not now reporting?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
unsure as to the lack of reports. maybe it is too much for anyone to consider the long term implications. i am hoping the little critters do not migrate.
f

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I can't imagine that people living in the affected regions could not report in... Just thinking.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

i do remember when the story broke there were a couple of threads from people living on the coastline. i wonder what happened to them?
i guess some searching is in order.
regards f.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

still cannot confirm as to whether it is a bio-engineered organism although a data sheet i have seen states 10% organic agent. i will look into this further. for now tea awaits the making of
regards f

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

found a link which may provide further info.

www.democraticunderground.com...

regards f

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

hi amaterasu
i am afraid to say it is looking pretty grim. i have emailed several residents around the gulf coast.
no replies as of yet but the sites i have visited mention internal bleeding, disintegration of the oesophagus etc.
i carefully chose the contacts as there may be a censorship excercise in full swing at the mo. the reason i say this is that on a dozen occasions pages were re-directed or not found. the most recent report i noticed was nov 10th. even the sites i visited mentioned a near total lockdown of current information. it seems the residents are aware of this. i would speculate that the censorship may in part be connected to any compensation available.

chsl.webs.com...

umpteenhorizons.org...
regards f

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Thank you so much for your research and efforts regarding this matter. I was beginning to suspect that something is rotten in Denmark...or, really, the Gulf.

If I had more than an hour a day online...I would research as well. I do find it odd that not one Gulf resident has responded to this thread.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by fakedirt

still cannot confirm as to whether it is a bio-engineered organism although a data sheet i have seen states 10% organic agent. i will look into this further. for now tea awaits the making of
regards f

I'm not sure which "data sheets" you're looking at, but neither of the Corexit products used in the Gulf spill are bio-engineered anything. Corexit 9500 is DOSS (dioctyl sulfosuccinate, aka DOSS, a surfactant also used as a stool softener), a low viscosity paraffin oil, and proplyene glycol as a cosolvent. Corexit 9527 is DOSS and 2-butoxyethanol (aka butyl cellosolve, it's what gives Windex and other glass cleaners that strange almost sweet odor).

top topics

<<   2 >>

join