It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I remind myself of a character

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
This was placed in skunkworks for many reasons but mostly because I don't have any specific evidence to show why I feel like this character. I don't know why this got moved to Sci Fi. Anyway.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by nougat420
reply to post by shiman

john travolta in "contact"
although i'm sure no one else around here feels like that

Hey, Nougat 420. Thanks for replying.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I always saw a bit of myself in Obi Wan Kenobi in Star Wars...especially the Obi Wan in the prequel movies. Constantly trying to just do what is expected, counsel others, but occasionally just do my own thing.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I always saw a bit of myself in Obi Wan Kenobi in Star Wars...especially the Obi Wan in the prequel movies. Constantly trying to just do what is expected, counsel others, but occasionally just do my own thing.

Thanks , Gaz. I hear ya, man.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Anyone on this board who hasn't read Robert Anton Wilson and Robert Shea's "The Illuminatus! Trilogy" is cheating themselves; it's a fine work of fiction, a mind-blowing work of philosophy, and it's single-handedly responsible for the resurgence from the 1970s onward of interest in conspiracy fiction (cited!).

When I began the book, unused to the fractured time-space it describes, I saw myself in George Dorn, the youthful reporter beginning his journey down the rabbit hole that is the plot of the novel. When I finished it-- and not finished reading the words, either, but once i had truly grasped the book, which took some doing-- I saw a clearer reflection of myself in Hagbard Celine, George's mentor, self-proclaimed holy man and sh*thead, and pilot of the submarine Lief Eriksson.

The book is designed by its authors to take any receptive, perspicacious reader on the same journey. I recommend it heavily to anyone genuinely interested in the strange, the profound, or the ridiculous. It takes patience to finish, and it takes something like genius or madness to understand, but the book has been an effective catalyst in the enlightenment of thousands. Read it.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join