It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I remind myself of a character

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I feel like Brad Pitt's character from Fight Club...don't some of you feel like some character or another? Maybe this is the place to let it out.
It can't be worse than mine...I mean ...mine is cool...it's just so dark...

Am I going to be alone in this? Any of you have a character you relate to?

At least my character is morally sound

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
So, you feel like the imagined alter-ego of Edward Norton?

[second line]

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Highly Speculative Conspiracy Theories (forum)

Am I missing one in your post?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mactire
So, you feel like the imagined alter-ego of Edward Norton?

[second line]

I feel like a hero from a science fiction film. Ha. I don't know exactly,,,this film could easily be sci-fi. It's the duality of Lucas's Annakin, Robert Jordan's Lews Therin, and Fight Club's Tyler Durden. It's a surreal duality symbolic of the ego and the id in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
Highly Speculative Conspiracy Theories (forum)

Am I missing one in your post?

Lady , this might not be one of mine that you like. Don't be mean . Alright.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

Mean? Why assume I was being mean?
I was asking for clarification... I presume it won't be coming then...

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

So... your a grown man with a sociopathic imaginary friend who you think is real.

what?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Technically you are posting in the wrong forum. I would point you to the "off topic" section.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
But in fight club the buildings had been evacuated. So there's no way that could count for some kind of "illuminati announcement and/or forewarning." There's no way that could have been like 9/11. 9/11 had people in it. I would never have done something like that if I were in control of the world's governments.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Yet, of all the dualistic characters you could've chosen you chose to pick the imaginary one. There has to be a reason for that. Some deep seated psychological reasoning. Or maybe you really really like Brad Pitt.

Side note. Anakin Skywalker (Vader) isn't a dualistic character, just an ever evolving one. I think Bruce Wayne/Batman would be a better choice for duality's sake, or maybe Bruce Banner/the Hulk.

link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

Mean? Why assume I was being mean?
I was asking for clarification... I presume it won't be coming then...

lady, we had a miscommunication....please restate what you were saying.

link   
Bronson... he's a groovy freak.

PLEASE RELEASE ME LET ME GO.... COZ I DONT LOVE YOU ANYMOOOOORREEE....

8]

8-o

8^/

You're in a strange mood today, been drinking any strange mixers at the local? Any turn bright blue by any chance???

edit on 2/12/2010 by badw0lf because: Oh it s alaff...

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Speaking from one person to another: The key to properly presenting your thoughts in an understandable fashion is thought organization. Just like when you are typing an essay for a class, you have to be clear with what you are saying.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by shiman

So... your a grown man with a sociopathic imaginary friend who you think is real.

what?

No. I am neither sociopathic, nor someone with an imaginary friend. Good night and thank you , senor Jabon.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic
But in fight club the buildings had been evacuated. So there's no way that could count for some kind of "illuminati announcement and/or forewarning." There's no way that could have been like 9/11. 9/11 had people in it. I would never have done something like that if I were in control of the world's governments.

The buildings destroyed where "closed" credit card home offices, not evacuated buildings, meaning there were likely security guards and custodial engineers on duty when the bombs went off. Just sayin'...
Not so innocent after all.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by shiman

what?

No. I am neither sociopathic, nor someone with an imaginary friend. Good night and thank you , senor Jabon.

Senor jabon? Dude, you're trying too hard to sound crazy. It's just not your style.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Yet, of all the dualistic characters you could've chosen you chose to pick the imaginary one. There has to be a reason for that. Some deep seated psychological reasoning. Or maybe you really really like Brad Pitt.

Side note. Anakin Skywalker (Vader) isn't a dualistic character, just an ever evolving one. I think Bruce Wayne/Batman would be a better choice for duality's sake, or maybe Bruce Banner/the Hulk.

All three could be imaginary depending on one's perspective.
As far as Pitt...well he's a talented artist. He's among many talented individuals who affect the collective in a positive way in my opinion.

Anakin doesn't so much evolve, as he just decides to save his own skin in the end. It's different from Lews Therin.

I can't believe the way you juxtaposed those two Bruces. Ha

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

The buildings destroyed where "closed" credit card home offices, not evacuated buildings, meaning there were likely security guards and custodial engineers on duty when the bombs went off. Just sayin'...
Not so innocent after all.

I'm pretty sure there is a line in the film about how everyone had been evacuated. Yeah, I can find it for you if you ask it of me. (dramatic pause)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Vader absolutely evolves. He goes from a slave boy who (is extremely annoying btw) has nothing, and wants nothing but freedom for his mother and himself, to a Padawan learner who wants everything, to an orphan who is vengeful and full of hate, to a sith who power hungry and wants to one day rule the galaxy to (finally) a father who realizes that everything he ever wanted was an illusion, and that the most important thing he ever did was going to die if he didn't destroy his deceitful Master and save his son.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Pssst - you've let them distract you from the question you asked, and into arguing your compos mentis.

But then, i need another gin and tonic - so tally ho, and remember - brad pitt was nowt more than a paid shill for his time in fight club. It was all Edward Norton, the strange rascall..

*back to the normal things now*

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join