It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow...Came across an INCREDIBLE & haunting video speech by Charlie Chaplin

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+154 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
This is a rare clip where the usually silent actor speaks in a format which eerily could describe what type of world we find ourselves in today, and how to overcome it.

He addresses the fight against tyranny, the war-marchine, and inhumanity and greed.

It almost sounds like something straight out of "1984" or "V for Vendetta", and yet this was made decades before either.

Quite a beautiful and inspiring speech...Gave me goosebumps! Thought you guys might appreciate and enjoy it as well...

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Here Here, thanks for sharing, awesome speech, S&F for you

And may all of you bring peace and love back within your hearts.

Rick

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Really a great speech. I never would have thought he could speak so loudly.

Honestly, the whole time I was kind of hoping that someone would walk across the background with a cell phone in their hand..

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

a beautiful and inspiring speech

The clip is from The Great Dictator.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

The Great Dictator is on my short list of movies that you must see before you die. It is a wonderful piece of film making.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
At the time the movie that this speech was given at the end of, some of the largest corporations in the U.S. were supplying Hitler with any and everything he wished to wage war with... Henry Ford had supplied trucks for the North African operations and had been supplying Hitler with $50,000 a year for quite awhile.... Hitler had anti semitic books on tables outside of his office that he had anyone that visited him take a copy of to read.... The Ethyl corporation supplied the octane booster of the same name for the use in aircraft and American Oil was shipping fuel by the tanker loads.... Prescott Bush's father in law was a major financier of the Nazi cause and G.M. subsidiary Adam Opel built the engines for the first jet aircrafts that were used by the Luftwaffe against Allied forces and G.M. was repaid for damages by bombing of the subsidiary at the end of the war..... Davis oil company was smuggling mercury out of Mexico off of both the Atlantic and Pacific coast to the Japanese and Germans to use in the primers in small arm bullet primers... That is some of what I recall off of the top of my head after a long tiring day but there is much much more incidents of allies supporting the Nazi cause not just at the beginning but throughout the war.. The speech given by Charlie Chaplin at the end of "The Great Dictator" was used to justify Hoover to label him as a Communist and his campaign for a second front in European theater of war made him also a target of McCarthy at the wars end with Chaplin being denied reentry into the U.S. after a trip to Europe in 1952.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Wow, this video gave me goosebumps!

Thanks

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by hypervigilant

WHOA...Thanks for that.

Didn't realize he was blackballed from the states due to this---That makes it even MORE powerful in my book.

Truth and an awake populace is what these tyrants always fear most. Seems little has changed over time.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by BomSquad

The Great Dictator is on my short list of movies that you must see before you die. It is a wonderful piece of film making.
They were too intimidated by his ability to make people look stupid that questioned him about his motivations to bring him into any kind of hearing during the late 40s witch hunts bhy McCarthy ...... Even though he wasn't a citizen of the U.S. he stood up and spoke against some very powerful people with strong beliefs and money in a way that I would think of as an extreme show of patriotism..... Todays patriots aren't willing to risk anything for a cause and Chaplin had very much to lose and still took a stand.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Sheesh...Looks like I'm going to have to do some studying up on Chaplin.

This guy was a true hero. I had no idea.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by hypervigilant

At the time the movie that this speech was given at the end of, some of the largest corporations in the U.S. were supplying Hitler with any and everything he wished to wage war with... Henry Ford had supplied trucks for the North African operations and had been supplying Hitler with $50,000 a year for quite awhile.... Hitler had anti semitic books on tables outside of his office that he had anyone that visited him take a copy of to read.... The Ethyl corporation supplied the octane booster of the same name for the use in aircraft and American Oil was shipping fuel by the tanker loads.... Prescott Bush's father in law was a major financier of the Nazi cause and G.M. subsidiary Adam Opel built the engines for the first jet aircrafts that were used by the Luftwaffe against Allied forces and G.M. was repaid for damages by bombing of the subsidiary at the end of the war..... Davis oil company was smuggling mercury out of Mexico off of both the Atlantic and Pacific coast to the Japanese and Germans to use in the primers in small arm bullet primers... That is some of what I recall off of the top of my head after a long tiring day but there is much much more incidents of allies supporting the Nazi cause not just at the beginning but throughout the war.. The speech given by Charlie Chaplin at the end of "The Great Dictator" was used to justify Hoover to label him as a Communist and his campaign for a second front in European theater of war made him also a target of McCarthy at the wars end with Chaplin being denied reentry into the U.S. after a trip to Europe in 1952.

Thank-you for this information . . . I was shocked when I first learned of it only last year . . . I think it is very important for people . . . ALL people . . . not just American people, to learn of this horrendous true history.

Even more shocking, however, is the claim that:

** 41st US President George H. W. Bush Was SS Nazi Spy George H. Scherf(f), Jr. **

This claim was made in the deathbed confession of Otto Skorzeny, Hitler's bodyguard & SS spy/assassin, who came to the US after the war under the US Project Paperclip.

According to Otto, young George H. Scherf(f), Jr. was trained as a spy & sent to America to work for Adolph Hitler. He was given false identification & adopted by Prescott Sheldon Bush as his “son”, George Herbert Walker Bush.

His real father, George H. Scherf(f) Sr., was Dr. Nikola Tesla’s German born, illegal immigrant, assistant & accountant.

Skorzeny and George H. W. Bush were instrumental in merging Nazi (SS) Intelligence with the OSI to form the CIA with "Wild Bill" Donovan & Allen Dulles. These guys were also part of CIA mind control experiments such as MK-ULTRA.

George H. Scherf(f), Jr. became the 41st President of the United States as GHW Bush.

What you are about to read is another step beyond research pioneered in the early 90's by author/historian Webster Tarpley, based largely on deathbed “clues” provided by former Hitler bodyguard Otto Skorzeny and his box of photographs.

Since Skorzeny’s death in 1999, the various leads he provided have been followed up and tend to support what, at first blush, would appear to be the unbelievable rantings of an embittered old man.

What remains constant, as we pore through publicly available official records, private correspondence, memoirs, newspaper articles, photos and other “clues”, is that Bush family records (the ones that exist) are a puzzle palace of inconsistencies and curiosities.

Since it is a congressionally established fact that Prescott Bush was in business with the Nazis during WWII, we can safely say that the Bush/Nazi connection existed.

Who are the Bushes?

How did they get connected with the Nazis?

Is the connection still alive through US presidents George H.W. Bush & George W. Bush?

The answers are not as literal as we would like them to be. But we have the testimony of Otto Skorzeny and his photos, so, here we go . . . the first installment of an investigation that points to a curious conclusion:

*** The “Bush” family was created to destroy America. ***

April 2007 Idaho Observer - Deathbed Confession & Photos Support Claim That 41st US President George H. W. Bush Was Actually SS Nazi Spy George H. Scherf(f) Jr.

edit on 3-12-2010 by Maiden PEI because: Format correction

edit on 3-12-2010 by Maiden PEI because: Formatting

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
This vision is very utopic, we will never have world peace and get along. Everyday our rights are being cut and we are financially bled out...

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I like this version,
It's a great speech eh DD!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
that guy was wierd.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
That was awesome.

BRAVO!!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Wow great find.. A man so funny with non verbal acting! But can speak so loud with a lot of compassion for the human kind.. It could be a todays speech to the world!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by HedyLamarr

This vision is very utopic
And what's wrong with that? Been living in a dark and sad world so long you can't even imagine such a world is even possible? That's pathetic. really shows the true nature of what humans are. Peace.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
One of, If not the best speech iv heard.

Thanks for posting OP Nice find.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by WhizPhiz

Pleasure loving, egomaniacs, high on their animal instincts and materialistic world, who could drop their empathy and compassion at the snap of a finger. Until that changes, anything reminiscent of utopia will not hold up for long, because there will be those that will choose to tear it down.

Utopia is a leftist vision born out of communism and fueled by the naive youth who see everything for how it should be, and not for how it is.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
This is such a great movie,and the speech at the end was very unexpected,it has a very powerful message even today.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join