It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this? A Knights of Columbus Freemason pin???

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
The only emblems on my minivan is my American flag and US Army emblem

I was making an attempt at humor.

Thanks for your service, by the way.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by AtticusNoble

I figured you were, I laughed
Thank you

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by AtticusNoble

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by HomerinNC

and in the fact that your goal is to help particular charities, and that your meetings are like business meetings with ritual involved. You open and close with a prayer, you don't let just anyone come in to your meetings, you have to be a member in order to go. Things like that?
edit on 4-12-2010 by network dude because: (no reason given)

And let's be honest, our primary similarity comes down to two words: car emblems.

That's what it's truly all about.

I just figured it all out. The tip of the pyramid, where all the power is, the head dude, is a guy running a company that makes these car emblems. He sells them all. The Christian fish, the KOC, masons, shriners, FOP, everyone. It's the biggest conspiracy of all. Follow the money!!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Govenor

Originally posted by HomerinNC
Knights of Columbus = Catholic Freemasons
and they got a good insurance program LOL
edit on 12/1/2010 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

The Knights Of Colunbus are in no way realated to the FreeMorons. As far as I know the K.O.C. are not a secrete socitey. They are more like a V.F.W. or the American Legin. all three of the Groups that I talked about are not out to Control the world and Enslave the people.

Freemasons wouldnt want to be a Sectarian Racist organisation like the Knights of Columbus. If you are so smart and they are not secret tell us what goes on at their meetings and tell us the oath they take which they swear not to share are these not secrets??

They have secrets but aren't secretive FFS what a contradiction they swear they will take orders from the pope my god a man who wqas once a Nazi, that they believe to be Gods vicar on earth what a twisted order!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by chiponbothshoulders

You get a star for "thingamabobkindathang" LOL! My new fave word!

And, to stay on topic, it is an interesting pin. Never seen one like it and I know a lot of Masons.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by chief_counsellor

OK....HERE'S THE BIG SECRET!!!!! (Read the book "Parish Priest")

In CT in the late 1800's a Catholic could not buy land or even get life insurance because of their faith. Knights of Columbus was founded by Fr. Michael J, McGivney in 1882 to protect Catholic families when a member died was disabled and could not provide for his family. 80 male parishioners of St. Mary's Church in New Haven met in the basement and founded a a benevolent society. By being a member in good standing, an accidental life insurance benefit is paid to the surviving spouse, husband or wife. The Knights of Columbus has now grown over its' 129 years to have over 15,000 councils doing their charitable good works. See www.KofC.org. It now has to have over 80 billion of life insurance in force and donates millions every year to charities, such as the Hero's Fund for 9/11 victims, Katrina Fund, Wheelchair Foundation, and currently Japan Fund. It has the highest ratings with IMSA, Standard & Poors and Best's Insurance for its' insurance protection program.

The business meetings are only about new and old business and what charitable works are to be done. All events are open to anyone and their family. One of the works is raising money to purchase ultrasound machines for local hospitals to allow pregnant woman to see their child in the womb. It has saved many children's lives so far.

It is not associated with any OTHER "Society" or ancient order. Charity, Unity, Fraternity, and Patriotism are our focus. And yes, we have had join events with the Masons to raise monies for local charities. KofC has even made charitable donations Shiners when asked for help. It seems they may not returned the favor before when they were asked to help. So that combo Mason/KofC pin will become very rare.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Wow - Orangeman Dave - you really need some help...'sectarian racist'? I don't recall a 'Prince Hall' version of the Knights....but the Masons certainly did segregate. In fact, how many good ol' boy Masons were also members of the local conclave that would go on out there and lynch yerselfs some black folk an' Catolicks?

As to the pin, I did some research. Seems like there was a push by the Shriners to recruit Knights by appealing to some sort of symbiotic nature between the orders. Didn't take, obviously - Knights are still required to indicate they are not Masons to be eligible to join, and I know of one man who was expelled from the Knights because he was proven to be a member of a local lodge.
edit on 19-3-2011 by shantyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by KofCMember

It is good to hear that these two orders have worked together, but I do hate that donations weren't always returned. I'm hoping its more out of the loss of memory through the change of generations than anything else. Maybe you could contact your local Shrine and suggest a joint fundraiser again. Re-ignite the embers of the past, possibly forgotten.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by shantyman
...and I know of one man who was expelled from the Knights because he was proven to be a member of a local lodge.

We have at least five members in my lodge who are Knights. The monsignor is aware of their dual membership and while he did not like the fact that they became Mason's they are still very much a part of the Knights and their local church.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

"The Church's negative position on Masonic association ... remains unaltered, since their principles have always been regarded as irreconcilable with the Church's doctrine. Hence, joining them remains prohibited by the Church. Catholics enrolled in masonic associations are involved in serious sin and may not approach Holy Communion." - this is from a 1983 statement by the Sacred Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, and approved by the Pope.

If this Monseigneur is aware of Catholics in the Lodge and does nothing, then he has some issues himself. Disobedience by one who is ordained is no trivial matter.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by shantyman
If this Monseigneur is aware of Catholics in the Lodge and does nothing, then he has some issues himself. Disobedience by one who is ordained is no trivial matter.

From what I have seen he has taken a rather passive-agressive stance by not coming to the last few joint Masons-Knights fundraiser picnics we held. Either way, they are dual members and it is fairly obvious the entire congregation is aware of this fact.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Not true - excommunication does not happen if/when you are "discovered". Catholics joining the Freemasons incur ipso facto excommunication - automatic excommunication merely for joining. This is not the same as a formal pronouncement of excommunication, but is no less binding.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join