It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange and the Computer Conspiracy; "to destroy this invisible government"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
This is a very interesting essay that basically explains Julian Assange's goals and reasons for doing what it is he is doing. It is interesting and definitely worth a read for those that are trying to figure Assange and Wikileaks out. Everyone has their suspicions and hopes the same, maybe this will help people find their true stance on the subject. I ,personally, mine changes daily.

As for usual thread tainting disclaimer: I'm not sure if this has been posted, but I did a search.

“To radically shift regime behavior we must think clearly and boldly for if we have learned anything, it is that regimes do not want to be changed. We must think beyond those who have gone before us, and discover technological changes that embolden us with ways to act in which our forebears could not. Firstly we must understand what aspect of government or neocorporatist behavior we wish to change or remove. Secondly we must develop a way of thinking about this behavior that is strong enough carry us through the mire of politically distorted language, and into a position of clarity. Finally must use these insights to inspire within us and others a course of ennobling, and effective action.” Julian Assange, “State and Terrorist Conspiracies”

Link to full Article:
zunguzungu.wordpress.com...#

Read and enjoy.
edit on 1-12-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: edits.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Authoritarian regimes give rise to forces which oppose them by pushing against the individual and collective will to freedom, truth and self realization. Plans which assist authoritarian rule, once discovered, induce resistance. Hence these plans are concealed by successful authoritarian powers. This is enough to define their behavior as conspiratorial.

Truer words were never spoken.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
The problem that I have, is that what people often say and what actually goes on are two completely different things, especially with figures embroiled in our current socio-political climate. The way that Assange blazed into the living rooms of the western world, embraced and defined by our media, it's almost as if they were building an image or persona that is much needed by all those screaming foul. Then, the smoke and mirrors from various government entities, entities that I might add are already thought or known to be corrupt.

Dissent from the status quo was at a maximum, and then all of the sudden here comes this fugure, defined by the media as a modern day super-hero to save the day, almost as if to play on that dissent and squelch it. Then, what this super hero exposes, is what these corrupt government figures and world leaders have been telling us all along, making them not seem corrupt in the first place. Just the outcome that one could expect from a disinformation campaign.

Then, upon further inspection, we realize the house of cards that such a system is built on, the system of a dump site for anonymous whistleblowers to dump their documents, exposing all. What this basically amounts to, is either of three possibilities. One, the government isn't all corrupt and if they are, they would never even think about spreading disinfo. They must have magically changed over-night. Two, WL is a disinformation campaign, set up from the start with that goal. Or three, WL is genuine, but being used as a disinformation outlet, unbeknownst to Assange.

If the government is all corrupt, then I just don't see how or why they wouldn't jump at this oppurtunity to exploit WL for the purpose of propagating disinfo, and WL would really never know it. If WL wasn't a disinformation campaign from the start, then we also have many anomalies that are seemingly failing to make since. For instance, why is the media defining him in such a manner, why not question his authenticity? Why not ignore him, as they do every other whistle blower that challenges the status quo? Why would the government allow them to spread this info, when Sibel Edmonds for instance was quietly and effectively stopped from telling what informaiton she had? Why did the Pentagon pretend to be "hunting" for Assange when his schedule was public and he was touring the MSM studios and conventions here in the States? Why would the media being playing to his persona as a mysterious shadowy figury, when he isn't really? Those are only but a few of the many important questions one needs to ask. Also, why would WL blow their own scope of effectiveness way out of proportion, when they would know that their effectiveness would only go so far and the majority of info is locked up too tight to be exposed through a dump site. surely Assange knows that by blowing his own scope of effectiveness out of proportion, then that actually hurts his stated end goal, the one this very thread is about and make it even harder for that goal to be realized?

I have to tell you, the more I look into the subject matter, I become more and more convinced that this is all smoke and mirrors. Sadly, it is dealing a huge blow to truth seekers world-wide and this is ultimately setting us back beyond square one. The world won't recover this attack on freedom for generatyions to come, if ever.

--airspoon
edit on 1-12-2010 by airspoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Haha.. thanks for the reply and opinions. When I posted this I was thinking, man, this is a lot of reading no one will read this thing. Then I was like Airspoon would. You seem like a reader. Anyway I figure it needed to be on ATS anyway.

Trust me I know it's very odd. Like I said I change my opinion on Assange and Wikileaks nearly everyday. Nothing is ever truly solid though. He is being made into that hero, true, but that is something the American people will respond to. Think of it backwards, if Assange didn't exist, would the media pay this much attention? Also, people ar less likely to trust a faceless group, Wikileaks gives them, at least the appearance, of being on the up and up (whether that's true we don't know)

I can get behind some of the ideas he states in this doc.

Now whether he's legit, and fed info or completely bought I don't know.It's always possible that he intentionally leaked info that would so obviously push the pro-american/anti-iranian/pro-israel agenda that it was given to him with the purpose of making people doubt him.
The documents WL is planning on sharing about the banks should give us some insight.
Also being on the interpol most wanted list is kinda crazy.. why would Interpol be involved? Did he leave Sweden? If he is still living there and the crimes were committed there doesn't seem Interpol would be necessary. The Interpol step does seem a little "biggest show in the world" to me.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Wow, thank you so much for posting this excellent article. It makes much sense of a number of things which, for me, were still hanging in the balance. I have to say, this man is a genius.

I have never believed he was crooked, but certain questions and other people's arguments did create some doubt, and this has given the disparate elements congruence for me - which had been lacking and which I had struggled with. It has given me a feeling of optimism. Brilliant. Thank you, Julian and all whistleblowers.

edit on 1-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join