It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saddam threatens global war if attacked

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2003 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein warned Sunday that if Iraq is attacked, it will take the war anywhere in the world "wherever there is sky, land or water." Does anybody have any ideas what he might have up his sleeve or do you just think he is talking out his ass?

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2003 @ 08:38 PM
link   

wherever there is sky, land or water

Might have to blast his As* off the planet then!
Then all those tree huggers might object saying "That's inhumane"

posted on Mar, 16 2003 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I think Saddam is just making noise. I don't think he alone has the military hardware for a global war.

arc

posted on Mar, 16 2003 @ 08:54 PM
link   
he's certainly trying for a psychological offensive though

Iraqi President Saddam Hussein has put a general notorious for his involvement in the gassing of the Kurds in charge of stopping any southern invasion.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 16 2003 @ 09:52 PM
link   
He is openly admitting to access to Weapons of Mass Destruction. An alternative to this is that he is making threats of ordering terrorist acts. Either way he is in violation of UN mandates and is openly admitting to it.

posted on Mar, 16 2003 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Uhh...let's see

I can't be on land...nor in the sea...nor in the sky.

What's a person to do?

btw, Toltec...I noticed you are a Nagual. Is that real, or Castaneda doing the talking?

deleted

posted on Mar, 16 2003 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Yes arc, I saw the same thing. That general is Saddam's cousin and they call him "Chemical Ali". I'm surprised Saddam put him in control of the southern region as opposed to the northern region where he gassed all the Kurds. 5,000 murders in one day, that's unbelievable. I wish Turkey would give in, that would give us a much stronger threat from the north.

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 12:09 AM
link   
ProudAmerican,

It would be nice to have Turkey on board...but at the cost of 25 to 30 billion dollars? Turkey is asking for the total solution to their economic problems. This is just another fiasco regarding current politics.

The US will accomplish it's goal in Iraq with or without Turkey.

deleted

[Edited on 3-17-2003 by deleted]

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Big words from a guy who most likely is enjoying his last week on earth.

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Skeptical Believer,

Uhhh...what can you contribute further regarding the above statement? I don't understand.

curiously deleted

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by deleted
Skeptical Believer,

Uhhh...what can you contribute further regarding the above statement? I don't understand.

curiously deleted

I mean, Saddam Hussein is most likely enjoying his last week on earth. Make no mistake, he is about to be killed and the world will be a better place with out him and his evil son. I give him/them less then 6 days to live.

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican

I wish Turkey would give in, that would give us a much stronger threat from the north.

Don't wish that ! Turkey is now an islamic country. This country should be banned from NATO and never allowed to join the EU ! Turkey is becomming a new Iran. Almost all the turkish are hating the USA and the western world.

I don't understand why the USA are standing with them. For me, that's unbelievable.

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Saddam army is to small for something like that...Saddam is just trying to scare some people as a resoult of his desperation. But he is stoopid enough to attack some country with weapons of mass destruction.

dom

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Saddam is just venting gas. However, if he could launch attacks against British and US military targets (through covert operations) he would be totally within his rights. That's what war is all about people.

If I was him I'd hit a couple of the UK airfields being used for B1-B's and B52's. You've only got to hit one of them with a rocket to achieve a massive PR victory... one guy with an RPG sat at the end of the runway...

That all said, I'd prefer it if Saddam didn't do that kind of thing, just pointing out that it'd be legal under international law. (unlike attacks against civilians, which are also well within scope for saddam, I'm sure he could pack a briefcase with C4, let's just hope he doesn't.)

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Britain is gonna get hit. Along with facist states of America.

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Iraq has an army that is only 30% operational. I don't really belive he can wage war anywhere outside the Iraqi borders. Most of this is propaganda designed to strengthen the Iraqi people's belief in him and their army. No more no less!

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Saddam is a blowhard.These are the same kind of threats he used in the Gulf War.I guess he forgot how accurate our airpower is.Or how fast our tanks took out his tanks.And the real kicker,how fast his army surrendered to our armies.

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 10:46 AM
link   
UP, I didn't mean joining Turkey as an ally, I just meant we could really use their bases and air space when we invade Northern Iraq, as opposed to parachuting in. We had alot of our high-tech equipment waiting in the water on ships to go in through Turkey(I think the Red Sea, I could be wrong). I think just recently they started moving them to another location. Alot of that equip. on those ships are high-tech and supposed to be helpful in avoiding friendly-fire and unnecessary civilian casualties.

Tyler, hit by what? Please elaborate.

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Hey..just thought how Sadman Hussain would hit us on Land..Air or Water!!

CHEMICAL OR BIOLOGICAL WARFARE!!!!

All the sick SOB needs too do is drop something into a water resovoir, spray or shoot something at the land and let it seep into the food chain or explode something in the air over a major town!!!!

Being very freaked over here so i will keep an eye on this post and others like it!!!

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 10:57 AM
link   
RS, do you think he could possibly launch or send anything this way without it getting intercepted or are you suggesting that maybe he already has some people scattered throughout the world just waiting for his word. Scary thought , huh?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join