It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is 9/11 & 911 Emergency Phone Number An Ironical Coincidence?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
From another members link to Large Numbers.
This says it all.

Say the odds are a million to one that when a person has a dream of an airplane crash, there is an airplane crash the next day. With 6 billion people having an average of 250 dream themes each per night (Hines, 50, though I don't think I've ever had more than 5 or 6 dream themes a night), there should be about 30,000 to 1.5 million people a day who have dreams that seem clairvoyant.

Too many people are reading too much into the minutia of the events of 911.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I immediately think of an emergency when those numbers are arranged in that order...burned into my psyche too.

Emergencies cause me dread and fear of the worst kind...

3,000 people died to get that particular message across...

...into this new world we are emerging...

...am I afraid?
Do I think what they've done is right?

...and to think the agencies charged to protect us would justifiably dissolve in utter disgrace?
...still going like it was just a bump in the road?

There is another place where conduct like this is unacceptable?

...leading sheep to the slaughter

edit on (8/1/1515 by loveguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: acrux
They just happen to "coincidentally" find passports of the "hijackers", amidst all the rubble? That would have been like finding the needle in a haystack. Without those passports, who would they have blamed??????? The finding of those passports is the elephant in the room.

Coincidence definition

A coincidence is a remarkable concurrence of events or circumstances which have no apparent causal connection with each other

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
The 911 and 9/11 connection has been thought of on many occasions.

For myself, I will always think of the '11' part as the twin towers.

Not sure how the '9' would relate. Maybe 9 originally intended targets

in addition to the towers?

Anyway just my interpretation.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Look at the art of propaganda and learn. Nobody planned the burning of the Richestagg yet the Nazi's were prepared for such an event and the communists were not. This put Hitler into his unopposed position of control over Germany.
When we look into 911 we see a clear picture of a perfect propaganda coup. The number 911 was burned into the USA mind only recently and until the 1990's was not a national number but it did ingrate onto the American mind the important truth, "do not help yourself in emergency, call the authorities!" The government is your friend! This message was given to all the native tribes as America moved west. Call 911 call 911 is deeply imbedded in all American modern culture. You can be jailed for defending yourself, you can be prosecuted for treating your childrens medical conditions, you can be jailed for putting out fires on your property without calling fire department. A dependance on government aid has become almost as intense as soviet public was on their leaders.
A think tank chose this number for psychological effect is almost without doubt, no reason holds Osama Bin Laden would choose this day. If you read Fiasco a book about America in Afghanistan and Iraq it becomes clear that Chicken Hawks had drafted a war that ignored all military lessons of the past century yet earned vast fortunes for many in the war industry. A war that created massive counter offensives and harmed America's image in middle east far more than any other acts in history.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: thegimprider

A think tank chose this number for psychological effect is almost without doubt, no reason holds Osama Bin Laden would choose this day.

That idea is way off the deep end IMO.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: thegimprider
I can agree with everything you say about the pyschological purpose of the choice, and yet for that reason dispute your assumption that Osama could not have made the choice himself. Why should you imagine that he would be incapable of planning a little pyschological warfare against the American nation?

edit on 12-2-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: angus1745
I think there is no way in hell that whoever planned the atrocity could have predicted that people would end up calling the event after the date it happened (not even including the year)

and yes, to the the whole of europe and the British Isles it seems pretty daft, because we put the day of the month first, as logic dictates.

I think the whole referring to the event as 9/11 couldnt have been predicted and probably origionated from TV news reports around the time, a kind of buzz word for the event that stuck and spread. To the degree that even UK media now reffers to the event as 9/11

You underestimate the science of PR.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Why should you imagine that he would be incapable of planning a little pyschological warfare against the American nation?

The physiological part of it was the buildings.
I doubt he even knew anything about dialing 911 on a phone.

Besides they struck on Tuesday election day.
That was a dumb move.
If they had chose the day before or the day after the buildings would have been full of people.
They would have nailed the much maligned Larry Silverstein too.

I say OBL didn't choose the exact day. The hijackers did.
You let the onsite operatives work out the details.
Details like buying the right tickets so all 19 could be on the right planes at the right times.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
For me. the interesting part about this is the fact that the "9/11" event goes against the normal naming convention for terrorist attacks. Look back over the years, and you'll see that the vast majority of incidents end up receiving a descriptive name of some sort:

- World Trade Center Bombing of February 26, 1993.
- Oklahoma City Bombing of April 19, 1995.
- Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting of December 14, 2012
- Boston Marathon Bombing of April 15, 2013.
- Charleston Church Shooting of June 17, 2015.
- San Bernardino shooting of December 2, 2015.

- World Trade Center Attack of September 11, 2001... Sorry, I mean 9/11 of September 11, 2001.

Sadly, there are numerous tragic events in our past, but very few of these are refereed to by a shorted form of the date on which it occurred. It's doubtful that it took on this name by chance. I believe it's called "9/11" because it invokes a sense of urgency, dread or even panic among people. Most of us in North America equate 911 with the phone number to call in an emergency. The name was given to this event with psychological intent.

The only other date related name I can think of at the moment is the 7/7 Bombing in London England of July 7 2005, although I haven't given much thought to the reasoning behind this one.

originally posted by: angus1745
I think there is no way in hell that whoever planned the atrocity could have predicted that people would end up calling the event after the date it happened (not even including the year)

[...]

I think the whole referring to the event as 9/11 couldnt have been predicted and probably origionated from TV news reports around the time, a kind of buzz word for the event that stuck and spread. To the degree that even UK media now reffers to the event as 9/11

For this part of the discussion it doesn't even matter who people believe committed the attack, but I agree with you completely that the name came from the media. Once the media began referring to it a "9/11" the world followed suit. The question to ask is why - why did the media choose this name for the event?

Look into who owns the media, realize that the CIA has been influencing the media for decades, and things begin to make a little more sense. Regardless of who was responsible for the horrendous attacks (or regardless of who you believe is responsible) the powers that be took advantage of the event in countless ways, including a psy-op with regards to the name.
edit on 12-2-2016 by Fut004 because: Added response to angus1745

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Please name one reason Osama would choose September 11 over any other date? 911 link offers terrorists goals no advantage.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   
How quickly information came in to media and how quickly they began to tailor the message leading to the almost unquestioned war in Afghanistan. This began to crack with Press For Truth which led to NIST report and Official 911 report. Once put into official document form the omissions and errors were subjected to public scrutiny. This took the conspiracy theory message out of the loonies and extremists realm into the science of investigation. Just like the Warren Report it soon became clearly seen as explanatory not investigative. The vacuum left by these two famous cover ups produces the massive volume of wacko theories. This also helps the cover up when every theory can be called wacko or over the top.
Anyone who wants truth can wade through this and weigh for themselves fact vs fiction, science vs huge bloated studies involving thousands of pages with basic foundation and computer models held as government secrets.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   
For true Luciferians, the number 9 represents 'the fall', while the number 11 represents 'death'.
Nothing more to add...

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   
You forget that much of the world writes dates as DAY - MONTH versus American practice of rendering dates
as MONTH - DAY

In their way of thinking September 11 is written as 11 - 9 which renders the theory that September 11 had anything
to do with some psychological connection to the emergency phone number is invalid

Typical conspirator mashup of ignorance and paranoia.......

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Interesting, however, Amerika is the ONLY country in the world that uses 911 as an emergency contact number, so with that said, there is some relevance to the two numbers being coincidental within the context of the OP's observation.a reply to: firerescue

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: thegimprider
Please name one reason Osama would choose September 11 over any other date? 911 link offers terrorists goals no advantage.

This was a reply to me, according to my list.
My answer is that his reason could have been the reason you supplied yourself.
You argued that the date was chosen for pyschological reasons.
My suggestion was that Osama and his group knew enough about pyschology and about American life to have chosen the date themselves precisely for those pyschological reasons. They would have wanted to hit the hated Americans pyschologically as well as physically.
You are unconsciously assuming they were all ignorant peasants who knew nothing about these things, and you may be mistaken.

edit on 13-2-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Somehow have ignored my point that rest of world uses different date format (DAY MONTH) than America

In addition it was not Bin Laden who chose the date - that was determined by what flights left airports and times

Hijackers needed to leave from multiple airports (avoid suspicion of bunch of Middle EAstern looking men hanging around),
Boeing type aircraft (B767, B757) on transcontinental flights. Planes had to leave airports in tight time window early in morning.

Two weeks before on August 29 Mohammed Atta communicated date to Ramzi Binalshibh, one of the planners, in a code

.Then, on Aug. 29, the phone rang in Binalshibh's Hamburg apartment at three in the morning.

It was Atta with an important, but cryptic message: "He said to me, 'One of my friends related a riddle to me and I cannot solve it, and I called you so that you can solve it for me.'" Binalshibh is heard saying.

Atta goes, "Two sticks, a dash and a cake with a stick down."

Binalshibh said, "I said to him, 'Is this the riddle? You wake me from a deep sleep to tell me this riddle? Two sticks and I do not know what?'"

Eventually, Fouda says, Binalshibh realized what Atta meant. So he says to him, "OK. Tell your friend, he has nothing to worry about. It's such a sweet riddle."

Binalshibh explained it: "The two sticks represent the number 11, then the dash, and then the cake from which a stick dangles represents number nine. Thus, the picture becomes complete: the 11th of September."

Binalshibh left Hamburg on Wednesday, Sept. 5, for Pakistan. From there, he sent a messenger into Afghanistan with news for Khalid Shaikh Mohammed and Osama bin Laden: Tuesday, Sept. 11, would be the day.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: firerescue
Somehow have ignored my point that rest of world uses different date format (DAY MONTH) than America.

That, in itself, doesn't alter the possibility of psychological warfare, because Osama's people would have known about the American usage. I know about it, thanks to the internet, and I'm not American either. The American usage is the one they would have wanted to exploit.

In addition it was not Bin Laden who chose the date - that was determined by what flights left airports and times

That is a much more relevant answer.

edit on 13-2-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Yes I may be mistaken but how could Osama predict the number would become the name of the act?
Some refer to September 11 but the media chose to push the 911 button. July 4th is the only other day titled primarily by date. April 1st is called April fools day.
Terrorists might have flown planes into the towers on that day but too many coincidences occurred at the same time.
NIST report explains it as "A lack of imagination" a fancy term for total incompetence. Award that incompetence with promotions in the years following and the stew begins to have a very bad flavor
Someone rolled out the red carpet for the terrorists and protected them to each target or else the planes all came from military bases. Passenger planes fall apart at 500 miles per hour below cruising altitudes.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
If I was going to chose a date to hit America hard it would be July 4th or April fools day. Those days would remind American's they were idiots who's government could not keep them safe, the NIST report confesses to this in explanation of all the failures to stop the plot. 911 has the opposite effect, driving the public to depend on government to solve all our emergencies. Katrina teaches us otherwise.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join