It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is 9/11 & 911 Emergency Phone Number An Ironical Coincidence?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I was wondering of the coincidence or not of September 11 as called 9/11 & the emegency phone number for America being 911.

01. Was this just a coincidence?

02. Was this day chosen to teach America the fear of a real emergency from the "alledged" terrorist point of view?

03. Was this day chosen by the "alledged" TPTB to instill a date that could be easily remembered due to it being so close to an already well known number 911 phone number?

04. Was this day chosen to be an ironical slap in the face of the general populace?

Just always seemed to much of a coincidence of 9/11 & 911 being chosen.

I say this because many other countries use different dating systems for example 9/11/2001 is dated 11/9/2001.

Also the 911 emergency phone number is differnet for other countries where numbers like 000 or 999 are used instead.

Anyone ever thought this as too much of an ironical coincidence?

If this has already been discussed please delete this thread.
edit on 26-11-2010 by acrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by acrux

Was this just a coincidence?

Yes.

Law of Large Numbers

The law of truly large numbers says that with a large enough sample many odd coincidences are likely to happen.

I say this because many other countries use different dating systems for example 9/11/2001 is dated 11/9/2001.

Honestly, I don't know why the they still use the month / day / year format, day / month / year just seems to make more sense to me.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
365:1 odds discounting leap years innit?

And yes Whyhi, DD/MM/YYYY format makes more sense logically.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
The date was absolutely chosen on purpose. Regardless of who you think did the deed, there was months
if not years of planning that went into the 911attack. With all that must have gone into putting all that together, the numeric symbol is to apparent and powerful to be by chance.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I think there is no way in hell that whoever planned the atrocity could have predicted that people would end up calling the event after the date it happened (not even including the year)

and yes, to the the whole of europe and the British Isles it seems pretty daft, because we put the day of the month first, as logic dictates.

I think the whole referring to the event as 9/11 couldnt have been predicted and probably origionated from TV news reports around the time, a kind of buzz word for the event that stuck and spread. To the degree that even UK media now reffers to the event as 9/11

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by angus1745

and yes, to the the whole of europe and the British Isles it seems pretty daft, because we put the day of the month first, as logic dictates.

Apologies... We illogical Americans just don't know any better

Anyway, I do not believe there is any rhyme or reason behind the date. In fact, I believe that the date of the attack was furthest from the minds of the Muslim extremists who carried it out. Just a coincidence, really.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Options 2,3 and 4 seem more likely than 1. But the number may be significant for other reasons. Numerology is extremely important to the Illuminati according to most of the people who study them. (How does one study a secret organization? Is it even organized enough to study?) Many of the sites google listed seem kooky, but something might make sense.

Here´s something to make you go Jim Carrey crazy like in The Number 23:
You´ll never think the same way again
www.greatdreams.com/trade_numbers.htm

And yes, I just bashed google in another thread. I´m part of the problem, what can I say.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

Emily Autumn Rocks!!! Saw her in Tampa last year.

On topic: The day was chosen because of weather. If the weather would have been bad (low clouds, rain) they would have postponed it til another day. The date is just a coincidence

edit on 26-11-2010 by waypastvne because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I remember when this happened, I was so very stunned at the event. My mind began to do things to disconnect itself from the horror and the loss of life, but I couldn't focus away from the event. So I started thinking about inconsequential details. Here's a list of some of the things I began to think about.

NONE OF THIS HAS ANY RELEVANCE. They were just random thoughts to help me cope.

The successful strikes were at 8:46, 9:03, and 9:37.

The first was 25 minutes from the second which was 34 minutes from the third. That's a difference of 9 minutes past the median time, making the centerline in the impact times 9:12. A 1 to 29 second error on any of those times would have put the median time of the successful strikes at 9:11.

Figured that, the date, the emergency number... that was too close for coincidence, but within the realm of coincidental possibility.

Flight 11, 93, 175, and 77.

Adding the last three, of the flights I've listed, 9+3= 12, 1+7+5= 13, 7+7= 14, couldn't find a way to work in the '11' logically to have a sequential set of numbers 11-14. HOwever, adding them down to their single digits, we do come up with 2, 3, 4, 5.

11 (1+2=2)
93 (9+3=12 >> 1+2=3)
175 (1+7+5=13>> 1+3=4)
77 (7+7=14>> 1+4=5)

Adding all of the flight numbers together, we come up with 356. Which is 9 days off from the number of days in a year.

Adding the flight numbers of the successful attacks, we get 263. Adding THOSE numbers, we get 11.

The towers, standing above the city, looked like an 11.

And here's where my mind really started fetching at straws. This is how desperate I was to disconnect myself.

11, 93, 175, and 77. Removing the 9's and 1's, we get 3+7+5+7+7... which gives us 29. 9+2=11.

19 Hicjackers, 9/11, 9:11, and Flight 11 as the initial strike.

Now I realize I was using a numerology game to disconnect my emotions from the event, and it worked for me as a way to give myself time to adjust. I ran numbers and events like an insane person in my head, making connections that seemed random, but in the end, were just coincidence. I'll save everyone the far-fetched stuff as I'd be surprised if anyone's read this far. If you start looking at one coincidence and really let your mind go, you'll probably go insane. Don't take it too seriously.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Coincidence?

Yes

google Apophenia

/thread
edit on 27-11-2010 by iamAccnrh because: Coincidink

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

Nothing here

Most countries write date as day-month (11-9) where we use month-day format (9-11)

Original date for plot was for April-May, ringleader Atta postoned because though hijackers needed more training
was slipped to August then slipped again. Bin Laden was frantic in wondering why plot kept getting postponed
fearing discovery.

Tickets were purchased in August 2001 from travel agency in Totowa NJ and from internet account at William
Paterson University in Wayne

Hijackers from test flights determined traffic was lightest in middle of week so chose date their

September 11 was first week after Labor Day holiday - vacations over, schools in session, business travel light

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Probably to make it more traumatising an event. As we know americans ring 911 to get police or something, it was probably done on purpose to make 911 more traumatising for americans.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamAccnrh
Coincidence?

Yes

google Apophenia

/thread
edit on 27-11-2010 by iamAccnrh because: Coincidink

Well done, I now have a name for it, thank you!

I would say I'm afflicted with it, but it's an excellent mechanism to cope with a situation without taking your mind from it.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedman
reply to post by acrux

Nothing here

Most countries write date as day-month (11-9) where we use month-day format (9-11)

Original date for plot was for April-May, ringleader Atta postoned because though hijackers needed more training
was slipped to August then slipped again. Bin Laden was frantic in wondering why plot kept getting postponed
fearing discovery.

Tickets were purchased in August 2001 from travel agency in Totowa NJ and from internet account at William
Paterson University in Wayne

Hijackers from test flights determined traffic was lightest in middle of week so chose date their

September 11 was first week after Labor Day holiday - vacations over, schools in session, business travel light

WHAT?
Did you even read what you just wrote?
You make things up in your head and then pass them around as fact?

Anyone who has any sense of what happened, and who was involved, can surmise that this date was picked out well in advance.

You make a point of business travel being light. Kind of funny you mention that since the planes had no where near the amount of passengers that normally fly those flights. This is a fact. I wonder if they got the flight manifests and then picked out what flights they were going to use...(NOT REALLY) but according to your logic, you might.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
If you live in the US or Canada that number is a powerful symbol with every person. When things go really bad that is the number that pops right into your mind. A larg part of jihad is not just the terror aspect but also to mess with our heads even in subtle ways. Sure it's possibly just coincidence, but if you think about all the time that went into their altimate "hit", I think the use of a symbol like 911 was intentional.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Based on my own research into the matter I am inclined to believe that the date for the terrorist attacks of 9/11 was deliberately chosen prior to the event and thus it was not by chance that it was labeled as "9/11" or "September 11" as it is now referred to in the history books; and that the emergency telephone number does have some esoteric connection or correspondence with the event itself.

For instance, Chris Carter, the creator of "The X-Files" and "The Lone Gunmen" named his production company, Ten Thirteen Productions, after his birthday, October 13. To me, it is rather intriguing that it corresponds with the media appellation for the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks—"Nine Eleven." Ten Thirteen Productions Logo

Also, how the 9-1-1 emergency telephone number in America was decided upon is subject to much speculation. To me it bears numerical correlation with the Jewish fast of Tisha B'Av. Suffice to say that it was introduced in 1968, the same year that construction for the WTC began, and was advertised as "nine-eleven" before it was changed to "nine-one-one" due to confusion. Further, it is intriguing again that August 26, 1987 President Reagan and the FCC proclaimed September 11 to be "Emergency Number Day," which it was until the terrorist attacks of 2001, when it was changed to "Patriot Day."

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by cameraobscura
Also, how the 9-1-1 emergency telephone number in America was decided upon is subject to much speculation. To me it bears numerical correlation with the Jewish fast of Tisha B'Av. Suffice to say that it was introduced in 1968, the same year that construction for the WTC began, and was advertised as "nine-eleven" before it was changed to "nine-one-one" due to confusion. Further, it is intriguing again that August 26, 1987 President Reagan and the FCC proclaimed September 11 to be "Emergency Number Day," which it was until the terrorist attacks of 2001, when it was changed to "Patriot Day."

Thanks never knew these little tidbits of information.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by cameraobscura

10-13 is radio code for "police officer in trouble"

Fail to see this relates to Sep 11 except in warped view of truther........

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by acrux
I was wondering of the coincidence or not of September 11 as called 9/11 & the emegency phone number for America being 911.
01. Was this just a coincidence?
02. Was this day chosen to teach America the fear of a real emergency from the "alledged" terrorist point of view?
03. Was this day chosen by the "alledged" TPTB to instill a date that could be easily remembered due to it being so close to an already well known number 911 phone number?
04. Was this day chosen to be an ironical slap in the face of the general populace?

Anyone ever thought this as too much of an ironical coincidence?

Originally posted by angus1745
I think there is no way in hell that whoever planned the atrocity could have predicted that people would end up calling the event after the date it happened (not even including the year)

I think the whole referring to the event as 9/11 couldnt have been predicted and probably origionated from TV news reports around the time, a kind of buzz word for the event that stuck and spread. To the degree that even UK media now reffers to the event as 9/11

ACTUALLY..............................Fact is sometimes stranger than fiction:

How deep does the rabbit hole go? You like 9/11 coincidences? Well, all others pale in comparison to these...

This time-stamped Warning was posted to google on SEPTEMBER 11TH 1998 exactly three years to the date 9/11/01 (originally created @ 11:00pm).

==================================
SOLLOG PREDICTS 911 EMERGENCY!!!!!
Poster eLnIn,
Sep 10 1998, 11:00 pm

Newsgroups: alt.prophecies.nostradamus
Date: 1998/09/11
Subject: SOLLOG PREDICTS 911 EMERGENCY!!!!!

SOLLOG SAYS THAT ON 911 THERE WILL BE A GREAT EMERCENCY IN WASHINGTON DC
==================================

There were also two other warnings posted and time-stamped on google in 1997 and in August 2001.

One was from something called the 902 (11) prophecy written on September 2ND 1997 that warned how a major act of terrorism would strike New York City in the month of September (between 9/02 and 9/16) which would be a "BIG BANG hitting THE BIG BUILDING."

The other warning was posted on August 31st 2001 by the above persons supporter named xinoehpoel who also "coincidentally" titled in the
subject: "911". (again at "11" pm)

......and here's how the thread began and evolved.

================================================== =======
Subject: 911
View this article only
Date: 2001-08-31 11:03:37 PST

Something is going to happen tomorrow. This is a witness against
everyone on this newsgroup. I hate this newsgroup, and everyone on it
sucks. REPENT! You are all evil liars! Do not be so evil, and be holy.
You are going to get me killed because of the truth of my mouth. I am
not telling you what is going
to happen until it does, because an EVIL and adulterous generation
seeks for a sign.

======================================
Subject: Re: 911
View this article only
Date: 2001-09-04 09:41:41 PST

Since when do I post prophecies, other than end of the world
cataclysmic ones?
============================================

when someone asked and demanded to know more about the date XIN
was talking about, he returned on 9/04 and replied, WAIT 7 DAYS....
which was 9/11/2001.

========================================
Subject: Re: 911
View this article only
Date: 2001-09-04 12:40:28 PST

Wait 7 days, and then maybe I'll answer this post. You see, I am going
away in seven days, and you will not hear from me again.

================================================== ======

All 3 of those warnings alone, are beyond coincidence, aside from being the ONLY and most accurate predictions of 9/11; a date which historians will record was perhaps one of, if not thee most important date and event of all time. But when taken in context and one understands these individuals were all connected to each other, beyond coincidence is an understatement.

Whats even more amazing though, is the fact Xinoehpoel specifically explained the US GOVERNMENT was responsible for and the perpetrators of the attacks. Something most hadn't figured out yet, or even began seriously investigating until years later. Its also another FACT this same seer warned and PUT the year "2001" into a famous US Federal Court case back in 1995, as THE YEAR THE UNITED STATES would be attacked and destroyed. How did he know that in 1995?

coincidence?

Even if the USA exists for some time, 2001 will be recorded as THE YEAR the HEART OF THE USA DIED and was destroyed for all intents and purposes. So terrible is this attack that the psyche of the USA will never recover.

Might be interesting to know when the first FORUMS or sites exposing/discussing 911, began or were created.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

No.This wasn't a coincidence.9/11 or 9-1-1 was indeed picked for it's symbolism.The number speaks to our fears & anxieties.Our mind associates it with deathly danger & the need for state protection.Its psychological warfare (Psy-ops).

It proves 9/11 was an inside job.Here's why:
Muslim terrorists could easily think to attack us on 9-1-1 for this symbolic reason.But remember,the "terrorists" were only successful because NORAD was in disarray that day because they were running drills that mirrored the attacks.
Of course,the "terrorists" could have had an insider in the govt tell them what day the NORAD drill would be held so they could strike (Note:This alone is cause for a new investigation).
But the likelihood of them lucking up on that day being 9-1-1,the best date possible for psychological effect,is slim to none.
The "terrorists" could easily pick 9-1-1 as the date without having insider knowledge of the NORAD drills.This is unlikely because: 1)It's unlikely that they would just luck up and pick this perfect day,when NORAD was running this rare drill,to attack by coincidence.2)It's unlikely they could possibly succeed if these drills weren't taking place.Therefore,its unlikely they would attempt this without knowing about this window of opportunity.
They could have easily had a govt insider tell them about the drills,but the likelihood of that date happening to be 9-1-1 by sheer coincidence is slim to none.
Only the government could have planned the NORAD drills & the attacks to coincide on 9-1-1.

So unless you believe that the 9/11 & 9-1-1 thing and/or the NORAD drills goin on that day are just coincidence,you must assume that 9/11 was an inside job and that the person/s who scheduled the NORAD drills for 9-1-1 was in on it.The law of probability is against this being all coincidence.The odds of picking a date of such signifigance by accident is slim.1 in 365 (Dates in a year).The odds of picking a day when NORAD's running a drill that helps you succeed may be even slimmer.1 in 365 if this is annually.What if its not?Does anyone know how often they do this?I don't.Could've been the first time.Could be every 2 years,or 5,or 10,which would make the odds even slimmer.1 in 730 if they do it every 2.By themselves,those things are highly unlikely to happen by coincidence.Both of those coincidences coinciding with eachother?The odds are just slimmer & slimmer.Then factor in all the other coincidences (which are too many to name in this thread)...its astronomical.You've got a better chance of hittin the New York Lotto than the OV being true.

Also,it's worth noting that the New York City Mayoral primary elections were taking place that morning,but were postponed due to the days events.This is key because it saved many lives (Keep in mind,the objective wasn't to kill as many people as possible.The objective was to instill the images of those towers being hit by planes & collapsing into the American mind,so the public would support the highly profitable War On Terror).This also gave anybody with advanced knowledge an excuse to be away from the office when the sh!t hit the fan.But more importantly,it helped insure Republican rule of NYC (And it's funds) after 9/11.Keep in mind,New Yorkers are mostly Democrats.Its a mystery (to some at least) how Rudy Guiliani,a Republican,even became mayor.Just weeks before the election,Michael Bloomberg,switched parties from Democrat to Republican,because he was highly unlikely to win a Democrat primary.It was doubtful he could even win the Republican primary.And he was highly unlikely still to beat the Democratic forerunner,even if he'd won the Republican primary.But after 9/11,the endorsements of Rudy Guiliani (Now America's favorite mayor),helped Bloomberg become mayor.Thus,keeping New York City,it's investigative agencies & new found relief money,under Neo-Con family control.If this election had taken place before 9/11,Bloomberg would most likely have lost the Republican primaries,and somebody who may not've been trustworthy to the Neo-Con crime family may have gotten into the office of mayor & really tried to investigate Ground Zero.And of course,many more people would've died,resulting in much more lawsuits by more victim's families with more questions & lawyer money,and more suspicions why said person (with foreknowledge) 'happened' not to be at work at the time.If the elections would've been afterwards,Bloomberg would probably win with Guiliani's help,but they'd still have the problem of the more deaths.The election & attacks had to coincide.

So we've got:
1)9-1-1
2)NORAD drills
3)Election Tuesday
All these elements were key to the 9/11 lie & might be helpful in figuring out how long this was planned ahead of time.If 9-1-1 wasn't the date of the attacks,they wouldn't be >AS< traumatic.We wouldn't be reminded of them everytime we called for help or just saw the number on side of a cop car or whatever.If our emergency code hadn't been 9-1-1 & had been say 933,it'd been impossible to plan an attack on a date with such psychological signifigance (Note:9-1-1 was picked as the number around the same time David Rockefeller suggested building the World Trade Center [Its speculated that 9-1-1 was picked because 9 & 1 are furthest digits away from eachother on a phone pad,so the number would be least likely to be dialed by accident.So this could mean nothing]).If the NORAD drills weren't goin on,the govt would have alot of explaining to do on how this could've happened.They'd look like they couldn't protect us at their best,thus were useless.This way,it could be written off as dumb luck.I've already explained the signifigance of the elections of the elections taking place so I won't repeat that.However,I will point out that it was the perfect election year to do it in,because we had a new Republican president (Remember,the Neo-Cons were mostly responsible for this) & a Mayoral Election in New York City.Follow me.Prior to 9/11/01 the last 2 9/11's to fall on a Tuesday were in 1990 & 1984.These years wouldn't have been good years to do this because the Presidential terms were almost up & the Republican Presidents who were in office were highly already highly unfavored.This happening midway or towards the end of their term would most likely guarantee a Democratic victory in the next Prez race & give them less time to milk their position of power & make goo gobs of money in arms sells.Plus,the defence sector hadn't become so privatized by then.And in 1984,they still had the Cold War to scare defense spending outta congress & the Iron Contra/crack epidemic on the horizon to make their money off of.No need for a War on Terror back then.Plus passing the Patriot Act in the Orwellian "1984" would've probably freaked the country out,especially since people weren't as distracted & dumbed down by cable,internet,cell phones,etc.And they may not have had the technology to pull it off by 1984 or 1990.The next 9/11s after 2001 are in 2007 & 2012.Same problem as before.Presidential terms almost up in those years.2001 was the perfect year.Republican had just cheated his way into the White House & had almost a full term in office to milk the War on Terror for tax money & possibly a 2nd term if he could pull off another election rigging.9/11 was falling on a Tuesday.NYC was due for a new mayor.It was perfect.
COINCIDENCE??

Here's my questions:
Who scheduled the NORAD drills to take place on 9-1-1?
Who scheduled the Mayoral race to take place on 9-1-1?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join