It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DAILY EXPRESS: Get Britain Out of Europe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

THE Daily Express today becomes the first national newspaper to call for Britain to leave the European Union.

From this day forth our energies will be directed to furthering the cause of those who believe Britain is Better Off Out.

The famous and symbolic Crusader who adorns our masthead will become the figurehead of the struggle to repatriate British sovereignty from a political project that has comprehensively failed.

After far too many years as the victims of Brussels larceny, bullying, over-regulation and all-round interference, the time has come for the British people to win back their country and restore legitimacy and accountability to their political process.

Following the debacle of the Lisbon Treaty – disgracefully imposed upon the public without the referendum they were promised by the three main political parties – many had expected matters European to take a lower profile in British politics.

The Daily Express

To be honest, I don't know what to make of this. I'm both delighted and confused. Until now, all mainstream UK media outlets have been toeing the Establishment-line (pro-European Union) and those that criticise the EU have appeared to be nothing more than safety valves - useful for containing the voice of dissent (most often from the conservative camp).

But now we have a - heavily conservative, admittedly - popular newspaper unashamedly calling for Britain to leave the EU, in huge letters on the front page nonetheless. It may be a voice for conservative Brits, but it is still an Establishment-permitted publication.

So what gives? Why are the NWO/Common Purpose operatives allowing this to happen? Anyone got any ideas?

Mod Note Please Review -Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
edit on 25/11/2010 by Sauron because: trimmed excessive external quote

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
the Daily Express is not exactly a media outlet I know much about, always thought it leant in the direction of the left/pro Euro Brigade. (well perhaps I was wrong all these years
thinking the Express lefty)

Something is certainly afoot.. and I can't quite put my finger on it.. I was reading an Economist article saying the same thing but along the lines that Britain would be able to walk through the "rubble" of Europe kinda saying something along the lines of "ha, told you so"

Although I get described as a little Englander.. I can't say I like/dislike this development and I see Cameron as a Europhile rather than Eurosceptic, I wonder if the treaty with France to much for some to bare??

Edit to add.. can't find the article right now, but will share it when I do

edit on 25/11/10 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Maybe they have been inspired by Nigel Farage's stupendous speech at the EU. He really hits them between the eyes - tells them they are dangerous fanatics who are decimating democracy and asks them who the hell they think they are. He is a HERO this man.

www.youtube.com...

EU annual budget for 2010 is 122.9 billion Euros (£110 billion). UK contribution: 7.2 billion Euros (£6.4 billion)
news.bbc.co.uk...

The EU has failed its audit for the past 14 years.
www.europeanvoice.com...

EU MP's expenses are off the richter scale and fund hedonistic, outrageous lifestyles.
news.bbc.co.uk...

Basically, the EU is one more branch of the Gang of Criminals, milking the people and ripping up their rights and their quality of life.

Enough is enough. EU has got to be dismantled and destroyed.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Thank you.

I think you have made it perfectly clear why we in the UK should demand a referendum on continued membership of the EU.

My parents generation voted to join a Common Market and Free Trade organisation not a political institution intent on imposing it's will upon us all.

Enough is enough.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
England should have never joind that farce.
remember the great empire of Rome?
well it is happening all over again.
and America is to blame for this.
to survive what is coming we need to become as self sufficient as we can.
why do the english farmers not farm there land?
turn all the land in to small farms.
less unemployment and safe food.
ever county is trying to take as much as they can from the other countrys.
so they can get rich... sigh idiots.
its like playing poker with your country.
if you lose, we all lose.
and that IS happening.
no country has the money.
only some people have the money.
we ALL have been rip't off.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I have often said Britain needs to stand on its own two feet once more, kick all the bloody foreigners out who are taking jobs that British workers could do, back away from the EU and make our nation great once again.

Oh and before the racist comments come flooding in, I do not believe you have to be a white christian to be British.

Black, white, brown, christian, muslim whatever, if you got a Brummie accent your ok by me, lol (Brummies just a joke, I mean any British accent really, and I am referring to the British Isles, not the commonwealth)

EDIT: Not that I have anything against members of the commonwealth, jeeze, you have to be careful what you say on ATS these days, lmao
edit on 25/11/10 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by wcitizen

Thank you.

I think you have made it perfectly clear why we in the UK should demand a referendum on continued membership of the EU.

My parents generation voted to join a Common Market and Free Trade organisation not a political institution intent on imposing it's will upon us all.

Enough is enough.

I agree with what you say. It seems that those who voted for EU membership at the time were lied to and tricked... One of the things that was explicitly promised was that control of our own country would never be eroded. Of couse, that was part of the plan all along.

As you say, enough is enough, is enough!!

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

I've seen a few articles/reports recently which seem to be speaking out a bit more against the insanity.
Perhaps a chink in their loyalty is emerging?

edit on 25-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
The biggest single threat this country faces at present is our loss of sovereignty.
Since our entry into The EEC every single Prime Minister and our Sovereign have been complicit in slowly giving away out right to self-government and self-determination.

We should exert every effort to force through a referendum on continued memership of the EU.

If, as hoped, the British people then decide to rescind our membership we would then be able to drive through long overdue Parliamentary and Electoral reform giving representation and accountability of elected personnel to the people of this country.

Maybe then we will be able to put the cares, concerns and interests of the British people first and enable us to move forward and develop our vibrant, diverse and great nation.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

I've always believed that the Euro was no Different than Hitler invading other countries under the Axis powers of Italy and Germany...

The whole point is control, Britain and Germany seem to be seeing a reversal
to Competition,

Kinda the same as the Axis Powers experienced when the US, Britain, French Remnants, and Russia invaded...

wierd how history repeats itself by different means.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I know this thread is about Europe rather than the Euro, but money talks and it's the money thats causing all the fuss at the moment.

I hear that the most upset right now are the Germans. Their economy is actually doing ok, but they are seeing all their hard earned money going on taxes so it can be given to the dunces such as Greece and Ireland, with a lot more queuing up for handouts.

The Germans are getting a bit fed up with it and calling for their own currency back.

Changed days eh ? .... these are the same buffoons who ridiculed us Brits for refusing to join Der Euro.

Can Europe survive if the Euro gets the chop and countries go back to thier own currencies ? ... I don't know.

top topics

join