It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is this very large object near the sun?!?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
not sure if this has been covered if so then please disregard but below is a link to a youtube vid, which contains footage from nasa soho, now if you look at the left hand side of the sun, u will see a object a very large object that sits stationary over the period of many days.
now im not claiming that im a proffesional when it comes to the sun and other planets, but how can an object sit stationary right next to the sun for many days without the suns magnetic field pulling it in, also if u watch the video u can see the sun rotate, now if this was say a very very large comet, surely it wud spin around the sun yet it doesnt it remains in the same spot for several days.

i for one find this very very wierd.
heres the link

www.youtube.com...

the object is pointed out in the vid please watch to the end its only a couple minutes long and let me know what u think it could be thanx.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
In seems to be on the camera, dirt of some kind. The black "something" is also visible on the "black out" pictures, so it must be on the cam lens. Look @ Sec: 42-43
edit on 21-11-2010 by cushycrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I made made stop an play in the seconds around 40 - 45, at the blackout this thing is NOT on the lens to see. I´ve got a completely dark image, without any spots on.
But who knows. The quality is not very good... as usual. If somethings there, it is bigger than earth.
edit on 21-11-2010 by Numino because: Edit: Found an image which is showing that the spot IS on the lens, during the blackout!! It´s just dirt. Try to show it.

Here´s the image I found. With dot during blackout. It is dirt.

img684.imageshack.us...
edit on 21-11-2010 by Numino because: Edit to fix image... -.-

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

well im not sure if its a lense thing or actual object, but whatever it is if real then yes its many times the size of earth, the fact it isnt moving is just odd...if its real then it has to be something unnatural, anything else would be dragged into the sun or at least rotate with the sun and would not be able to withstand the intense heat.....

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Numino
I made made stop an play in the seconds around 40 - 45, at the blackout this thing is NOT on the lens to see. I´ve got a completely dark image, without any spots on.
But who knows. The quality is not very good... as usual. If somethings there, it is bigger than earth.
edit on 21-11-2010 by Numino because: Edit: Found an image which is showing that the spot IS on the lens, during the blackout!! It´s just dirt. Try to show it.

Here´s the image I found. With dot during blackout. It is dirt.

img684.imageshack.us...
edit on 21-11-2010 by Numino because: Edit to fix image... -.-

Thanks, that's what I meant.
2nd.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

This spot that your seeing has been discussed on ATS before. I think that the consensus in that thread was that it is a spot on the camera. I remember in one video the camera rotates 360° which makes the Sun do an apparent flip yet this spot remains in the same location.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Oh my goodness, this is not an UFO! It's some sort of solar flare or sun spot or dirt. I took this video and showed it to my astronomy professor and he said the same thing. If you youtube something like "Sun UFOs" then you'll get hundreds of these types of videos or images from SOHO that could easily be doctored. I'm sorry, but that is not an alien. Even if they do exist (I'm not opposed to the idea) they certainly are not chillin by the sun that close.

edit on 21-11-2010 by dct1988 because: typo

edit on 21-11-2010 by dct1988 because: TYPO

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by dct1988
Oh my goodness, this is not an UFO! It's some sort of solar flare or sun spot or dirt. I took this video and showed it to my astronomy professor and he said the same thing. If you youtube something like "Sun UFOs" then you'll get hundreds of these types of videos or images from SOHO that could easily be doctored. I'm sorry, but that is not an alien. Even if they do exist (I'm not opposed to the idea) they certainly are not chillin by the sun that close.

edit on 21-11-2010 by dct1988 because: typo

edit on 21-11-2010 by dct1988 because: TYPO

It was pointed out here on ATS before and you might want to ask your
professor.....if it was dust on the lens who cleaned it off? Normally it
would continue to collect dust until cleaned off no?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

I don't know about the how's and who's. I just know the what's. And I can tell you that it's not an alien lol. I'm not the only one on here who thinks that.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by dct1988

so then if you dont know the hows and whys what makes you an expert on the whats?? really u dont know what it is...ur science proffesor or astronomy proffesor doesnt know what it was....

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Gee. I am quite puzzled to and it must have been there for a while because the video was being sped up. I can't say what it is. But i can say that it was a large object and it must have been incredibly strong because it wasn't pulled by the suns gravitational pull. Plus we don't really know what the true color of it is either because we know the sun isn't purple so they changed the color and then it must mean the color of the object was changed too. Guessing it was a light color tho, like white or yellow.

top topics

join