It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspected bomb found on Munich-bound flight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Suspected bomb found on Munich-bound flight

www.thelocal.de

Namibian police have hindered a possible terrorist attack on a flight from Windhoek to Munich, Federal Criminal Police (BKA) said Thursday. A suspected explosive device was found in a piece of luggage discovered as the LTU/Air Berlin flight was being loaded.

X-rays of the suitcase showed batteries connected to a detonator and a running clock. Authorities are examining whether the device could have exploded.

The BKA sent officers based in neighbouring South Africa to the Namibian capital
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
This comes one day after German authorities said they expected a terrorist attack soon.

www.thelocal.de...

Is it me, or are these attempts getting less and less sofisticated? If you have a bomb, why do they always have to go on a plane, where they know it's going to be screened...

No word where it came from yet.

www.thelocal.de

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
the "bomb" had no exploive material...just a batterie,timer and a starter..

someone forgot to plant the bomb :S...

if u ask me...its just fear mongering to excuse the new laws

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Yep go and read 1984, or see the film.

Would be interesting to know how many of these stories are believed by what proportion of society, if at all anymore.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal

This comes one day after German authorities said they expected a terrorist attack soon.

www.thelocal.de...

Is it me, or are these attempts getting less and less sofisticated? If you have a bomb, why do they always have to go on a plane, where they know it's going to be screened...

No word where it came from yet.

www.thelocal.de

This is an easy one... see if you say to a child... I'm putting a lock on this cabinet so you can't get in it. The mischievous child will then try their best to get into it... seeing it as a challenge.

However, if that child is hiding more nefarious plans, he/she may continue to attempt to break into the cabinet simply so that mum thinks her security strategies are working... all the while it being simply a ruse...

So as you can see... it could go many different directions.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by angrydog

Maybe the actual explosive was already on the plane or at a locker or something at his destination. Who knows for sure. I am sure they are still trying to fabricate the best story possible to instill fear into people anyways.

Edit: I do agree with you.

edit on 18-11-2010 by Rhadamanthus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
am i the only one who is sick of hearing this?? if the ptb are behind it all they aint doin a good job at fear mongering, tbh i dont even pay much attention to this kind of stuff anymore, just read it and go "oh another threat, right ok so...." and forget about it.

feed me too much bread and i become sick of it.
feed me too much bs and know its a lie
feed me too much fear mongering and i aint afrfraid no more...

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal

www.thelocal.de

I've been wondering this myself. Nothing we've seen to date shows the sophistication of the 911 attacks. That's why the US government is trying to cover up the detonations that went off before the buildings fell. It would take several coordinated agencies to pull that off. Thousands of people are most likely involved.

Now someone tosses out a padded underwear and a suitcase bomb? At least George Soros is making plenty of cash from his investments in OSI and L3 Communications, the major suppliers of the body scanners.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by angrydog
the "bomb" had no exploive material...just a batterie,timer and a starter..

someone forgot to plant the bomb :S...

if u ask me...its just fear mongering to excuse the new laws

I think you might be right one this one.

top topics

join