It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Nye the Science Guy Collapses - The crowd rushes to....Twitter?!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Bill Nye the Science Guy was giving a speech at USC and collapsed. Instead of rushing to his aid the crowd rushed to Twitter, Facebook, and what have you..

If the Science Guy passes out and nobody tweets it, did it happen?

Last night in front of an audience of hundreds at a presentation at the University of Southern California, TV personality Bill Nye — popularly known as the "Science Guy" — collapsed midsentence as he walked toward a podium. Early indications are that Nye is OK, but what's odd about the incident isn't so much Nye's slight health setback as the crowd's reaction. Or, more precisely, its nonreaction, according to several accounts.

It appears that the students in attendance, rather than getting up from their seats to rush to Nye's aid, instead pulled out their mobile devices to post information about Nye's loss of consciousness.

Really? Is this where we are? We don't help each other anymore? We don't even call for help, we just tell our cyber-friends about it?

I'm sorry - maybe I'm just an old, cranky Frog. Ok - I am basically an old, cranky Frog - but I just don't get it.

Why on earth would someoness first reaction be to get on Twitter, Facebook, etc?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Because there aren't enough sheepdogs.

This whole social media thing is getting crazy. Conditioning anyone?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I think most people in society are off and its only a minority that knows right from wrong. Bizarre story if true, and i would not be surprised one bit.

Like i and others say, total dehumanisation. Daily show would laugh at this, and all others. Just like when america sent missiles down chimneys in these wars, you care not that someone will be in pain or suffering, and people see it as just some sort of entertainment. Just imagine, people die and are in pain as a result of those missiles, but people think it was great.

Just dehumanised everywhere.

edit on 11/17/2010 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I hate to admit this! I hate how the people of the world use this wonderful technology we have today. It's ridiculous how our kids and young adults are rushing to post on twiiter or facebook then help a person.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
An ostensible member of the audience responded to the article saying that the stage crew came to Nye's aid and Nye said he wanted to continue speaking. The audience member also noted that if the students had rushed the stage, it would have only made things worse.

I agree with that position. Most audiences of an earlier era would have sat there gaping at the spectacle wondering what the heck's going on.

There had to be Nye' people there, as well as school staff to deal with the situation.

I think this is a tempest in a teapot.

It's the 21st Century. People tweet.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
they didnt like him

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
At least he was "important enough" to get noticed. Some people just get stepped over, maybe photographed with a cell phone for entertainment, and left to die where they fall. If this doesn't say something about the state of our world, what does?

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Why is that in these situations it's always a guy who nobody helps? I will tell you why.

Nobody cares about men anymore. Subconsciously people believe we are worthless. Even men think this way. This is due to the hardcore psych warfare in commercials and the media that are pounding this belief into our heads. Whether it be violent TV programs, showing scene after scene of men being slaughtered, or that hip new commercial making men look like complete idiots and servants of women. It's everywhere on TV...

You can thank the radical feminist psychotics at the top for that one, and the commies who are letting it all happen, us. The radical feminist's wet dream is a hell on earth for guys, or no guys on this earth at all (it's scientifically possible now). They are doing everything they can to demonize us and destroy our lives. They want revenge for being oppressed... Which is a bunch of BS btw shoved down their throats by TPTB.

Once you realize this, you will see the hatred everywhere, and it won't be that subtle... Only associate with god fearing women (men), especially the library types, who are far away from the television.
edit on 25-11-2010 by sliceNodice because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join