It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To China and the world - We do NOT apologize

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I forgot to say that we do not owe anyone an apology.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Oh boy, that entire post just sounded like ideological horse pucky. I dont mean to come off so harsh because I see your intentions are well placed. Im not for other people apologizing for me either, but we need to get away from this "America is great" routine. Its just plain obnoxious.

Do we hear people from other republics and democracies spout their countries greatness? No, we dont. Their are other countries with far less poverty, far less crime and far higher standards of living out there. Do we hear about them spouting off how "great" they are? I fully believe in the original plans the founding fathers setup for us. But we have long since removed ourselves from what made this country so prosperous, and the ride to our current state of affairs has not been the smoothest.

Im not here to bash your idea, because you are right about China. I dont believe in their system, although their new capitalist tendencies are fairing them well for the moment, so hats off to them. America simply needs to get back to her roots, I believe. Lets not forget where we came from, but instead of spouting ideological, nationalistic rhetoric, lets focus on what we need to do to get back to that fantastic idea the faired so many people nationwide and even worldwide for so long. We can do that with pride, but lets leave the nationalist arrogance at the door, eh?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Yikes.... I read the line 'besides, if they bomb us we will nuke them' and couldnt help but feel pity for you. You are attacking a poster who started a thread advocating peace and backing it with the old 'superior fire-power' argument(which may very well be a myth).

With enough firepower eventually we all die. dont forget that.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
There was another thread going called What is a Typical American?

Here is a perfect example.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I 100% agree! I don't like what is going on with any of the countries right now BUT I think it is despicable to apoligize on behalf of most Americans!!!! I don't know whats worse, Obama going over to all these other countries and apoligizing for America and bad talking us or the other thread apoligizing to China on behalf of most Americans. I say, speak for yourself not others. It makes me sick to think that Obama with the power of the position he has feels he needs to go around the world showing himself and America as weak. The good people of this nation are not weak!!! Where is the patriotism??? Wars have never been won by playing by the book!!! We may have a corrupt government but the good people of this nation are strong.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by blaenau2000

Negative ghost rider. How very typical of certain types of individulas to enter a conspiracy forum and generalize over 300 million people.

Every country has their problems and internal battles. Indeed, America has its share of population with nationalistic tendencies. This mostly comes from a large minority. And sometimes, their are Americans who wish to point out to quickly the problems of the present. I find it to be mostly politically based. But to point fingers from afar in a conspiracy forum puts yourself in the same category of ignorance. I would easily venture to say that you have never stepped foot on US soil and actually spoken to Americans. Generalizing on conspiracy boards hardly makes your opinion valid.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

Originally posted by Sover3igN
reply to post by Misoir

So the US of A is special.
Sorry, I just finished laughing for 25 minutes.

I agree China is no saint, but the US of A sure is not either.

So you were laughing 13 minutes prior to the creation of this thread??

Thread created at 2:20 P.M.
You posted at 2:32 P.M.

Hmmm....

I forgot to mention. I was laughing when the OP wrote the post. I have p0w3r5.
edit on 17-11-2010 by Sover3igN because: i actually was thinking exactly the same when I clicked the reply button

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Patriotism is a good marketing tool as shown in this thread,Americans will be saying the pledge of allegiance while the knife will be hanging out of their back.America is the best country in the world ,I know this because thats all i here.I guess your prez thought it was so good ,he won with a campaign about change?
edit on 17-11-2010 by 12voltz because: of the righteous

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
China sucks...and America, while she has issues, is still the greatest nation on earth.

This thread though? Dumb...more comedy than anything else.
edit on 17-11-2010 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

You're endowed with the same sins as the other original poster ; you attempt to speak for "your faction" of "your nation". It's that division I find hard to stomach about 21st Century USA ... it didn't use to be like that.

I don't regard the USA as being a great nation any more. People worldwide no longer look at the USA as being that Shining City Upon A Hill. It's been that way since the Iraq invasion.

So your "greatest nation on Earth despite all our errors" imperial flummery just doesn't cut it anymore, it's tired & jaded. Your nation is now entering it's post-imperial phase, when influence will wane. The question isn't about how great your nation is, or was ... it's about what it will leave behind in it's wake. For the USA that might mean freedom of expression, liberty for all under the law ... the legacy which was given to you guys several hundred years ago by your own Founding Fathers, it's not one your own generation has augmented in any way whatever.

You need apologise for nothing, choose not to fall on bended knee ; but what you will have to do, however, is adopt a new mindset, such as the British adjustment in the 1950's as the colonial era came to an end ... and recognise that the world is entering a new phase and one in which the USA is no longer the pre-eminent power in the world. Once you make that mental change you'll be less likely to post such kneejerk OP's.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by blaenau2000
There was another thread going called What is a Typical American?

Here is a perfect example.

Damned if you did and damned if you didn't.

Ironically, asking other cultures and countries to treat, handle, accept and understand apologies the way we do would be basically forcing them accept our "typical American" point of view.

In doing so, there would be a certain level of arrogance at play there as well.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by xiphias

I know the patriots would definitely be pissed if they had to stand next to a "foreigner" while waiting in line at McDonalds.

Like we don't already ?

I don't know about where you are from but , most motels and convenience stores around here are already owned by "foreigners" . We have been subject to this for several years now .

How is that relevant to the OP ?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Fascism VS Communism once again!! And guess who won last time in the East!

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I see the point of view of both threads.

The US kills people in other countries and China murders a lot of Chinese monks.

Wait until the US begins to kill its own people when they fight back, or if 9/11 really was an inside job!! The US and all other democracies will use the same techniques as China uses to put down their own people during an uprising.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
Well, well - it didn't take long for posters to attempt to change the topic and focus to the US, now did it?
Typical.... Just once I'd love to see an attempt made to focus on the points of the opening post (geez, at least in the first few pages of a thread) before getting to the games so many love to play.

Give me a break. Are you kidding?

This is directly trying to provoke people into an opposing debate, completely aimed at the US vs China, and who is more in the wrong. Because you, and others like you, don't go into threads and critical of US policy and try to "steer the thread away"? You don't do that right.. ? Because that would make you a hypocrite ya know.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

I will ask this: where is your attempt to address anything having to do with the actual topic?

You have proved my point with your post to me.

edit on 17-11-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Right, exactly.

A thread about how the US should 'not' apologize to China should have absolutely "no criticism of the US" or else you're "off-topic" or whatever label you folks want to pull out of thin air.

I don't feel I need to address any of the points in the thread. There is information and pointed debate in the other thread and some in here. However, automatically, the first few responses were about how "You're an anti-American loser for disagreeing with the OP or discussing otherwise."

So yeah, not a friendly environment when one tells you to shut up and you're off-topic and your other choice is to praise the opinion.

edit on 17-11-2010 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

How would it have been off-topic to first address the points made in the OP and then make the opposing points after? I suppose it is all in how one chooses to view the topic. Discuss or debate (with debate = argument) is that the way it is? Why can't it be both?

Anyway, this conversation isn't contributing to the thread either, so perhaps it should fade out. I made my point (but moved it to the other thread, a more relevant place to make it, I felt) where it was actually on topic and to the point the OP was trying to make.

As for this thread, I stopped reading when it became apparent it was going to be two fist colliding instead of a purposeful discussion...

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
But to make it my first real comment on this topic:

The only big difference I see between China and the US is that China is clear and the US is polite.

China will tell you over and over again that they will screw you and they will, you know that the hard way, whereas the US says: "Sir we have some terrorist on our list and for your protection we tell you to bend over, that will make it easier for us all"

IMO you get screwed anyway... Nasty.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

The USA is a special nation for us always upholding our liberty, constitution, and freedom. People from across the world and even some here do not understand why Americans are so different. With ever adversity we are faced with we respond with force that is rooted in justice and backed by moral courage.

Bahahahaha!

I like your ironic sense of humour.
I'm not a supporter of China either, for the record. I just don't like seeing the sort of ignorant flag-waving hypocrisy evident in your post!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join