It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the NASA announcement and webbot prediction linked?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I haven't posted a thread for a while and there is good reason for that. A thought occorred to me today while browsing ATS. What if the NASA announcement tomorrow and the webbot prediction are linked? Maybe whatever NASA has found is going to be the catalyst for the change forcast by webbot.

Really, I don't think much of the webbot and the mechanism behind the way it gatheres information but reality is just too bizzare to presume through arrogance that we can say for certain that any two given events aren't linked.

So I thought it best to bring this idea to the attention of ATS and gather other people's opinions. Am I being completely illogical here or is there a chance that NASA have found something of great importance, that the webbot does accurately predict future trends and events and that the prediction's fruition is reliant on the discovery which has yet to be announced?

Food for thought if nothing else.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Could definately be, then again they make anouncements all the time

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Chonx

Am I being completely illogical here or is there a chance that NASA have found something of great importance,

It probably has but what does that have to do with the webbot. (I have no idea what it is predicting by the way)

... that the webbot does accurately predict future trends and events and that the prediction's fruition is reliant on the discovery which has yet to be announced?

The webbot can only 'predict' what is being talked about on the web. It is an algorithm not a prophet. Think of it like the NSA 'listening' for a word like 'bomb' (drat now I have done it this post will be added to the list by the web bot/NSA)

The more people talk about something the heavier weighting it has. It is a sort of self fulfilling system really. It certainly does not and cannot in any way predict the future. ALL it can do is trawl the web for phrases and weight them accordingly.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

I know, and I totally understand what you're saying. It's just that recently it seems, to me anyway, that the things which I accept as solid and unmovable, like the notion of causality and logic, have been undermined. My usually, scientifically founded outlook has been somewhat cracked. Due to this I've found myself thinking differently and this an example of this. It is probably nothing but I felt compelled to post, so I did.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
All it is, is that NASA had to work over the weekend to explain the electron clouds above and below the galactic centre.
It's just gonna be "we conclude they are a result of the super-massive black-hole/s in the galactic nucleus".
End of story.
edit on 14-11-2010 by myster0 because: punk2ation

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by myster0

Are you saying that is definatley what the announcement will be or is that your guess? You may well be right but you can't say anything for certain right?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by myster0

Also, the 'electron clouds' are actually gamma ray bubbles for want of a better description....

I know, I'm a pedant..

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I had the same thought regarding the NASA announcement tomorrow and posted this to the webbot threads. Alas, we'll have to wait 'till tomorrow to find out. The black hole thing is probably the announcement in my opinion.

Am I right in thinking that it's only so far been a theory that there's a supermassive blackhole at the center of our galaxy?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

yes and no. It's proven to some extent by the movement of stars close to the galactic centre moving faster than models without a supermassive black hole suggest but not proven proven... if you see what I mean. I think it may be more likely that they have found a steller-mass black hole roaming around in the galaxy nearby somewhere

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
From the NASA website:

Fermi
Fermi Telescope Finds Giant Structure in Our Galaxy. NASA's Fermi Gamma-ray Space Telescope has unveiled a previously unseen structure centered in the Milky Way. The feature spans 50,000 light-years and may be the remnant of an eruption from a supersized black hole.

So I believe that probably is the announcement, and the the web-bot/timewave speculation is not related.
edit on 14-11-2010 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by markymint

But the announcement is because of something which was found with the Chandra telescope, which sees in X-rays not gamma rays.....

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

and the the web-bot/timewave speculation is not related.

and there is no way you can say that with absolute certainty...

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
i wish they would announce it was Nibiru- the day hell freezes over!

edit on 14-11-2010 by xynephadyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Type "NASA our cosmic neighbourhood" in Google for various copies of the same announcement.

NASA will hold a news conference at 12:30 p.m. EST on Monday, Nov. 15, to discuss the Chandra X-ray Observatory’s discovery of an exceptional object in our cosmic neighborhood.

You're right Chonx so after digging a bit deeper, the announcement is speculated by some to be about this:

NASA’s Chandra X-ray Observatory has observed an unusual galaxy cluster that contains a bright core of relatively cool gas surrounding a quasar called 3C 186. This is the most distant such object yet observed, and could provide insight into the triggering of quasars and the growth of galaxy clusters. What makes this particular galaxy cluster and its strong cooling core interesting is its age. 3C 186 is about 8 billion light years away from Earth, making it the most distant known galaxy cluster to contain a prominent cooling core.

www.o-fu-online.net...

Hardly something that's going to tip the balance

edit on 14-11-2010 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Chonx

Watch what u believe in what NASA says. NASA and the News Media work hand in hand to decieve the public..........NASA= Never A Straight Answer......

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I'd like to say "something is going on here" however i'm sick of reading that in every thread at the moment.
what was the outcome of the press conference? I haven't had time to catch up. wasn't it on Monday?
edit on 18-11-2010 by ceetee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
The thing that gets me with anything NASA [and bye and large the whole scientific community as well as many others] says is its all based on assumption. Sadly throughout our history as a species if we cant figure out how something works then we make something up to rationalize what it is rather than admitting we haven't got a clue. Eventually if its done long enough somehow it turns into fact. Somehow there always has to be an answer, we always have to look superior even when we aren't even close. Gotta love Vanity I guess.

I think that pretty much sums up religion too but that should be common sense to ATSers

top topics

join