It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big News: AboveTopSecret.com is 1,693!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Congratulations SkepticOverlord and ATS.

I hope you don’t mind a little constructive criticism:

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
This is an incredible validation that the combined efforts of us (ATS staff) doing our best to ensure civility and decorum

I think there is a lot of room to improve in this area. I think the discourse and civility on some forums still isn’t up to the level it should be.

Having said, I had to recently use the Alert function and the staff were quick and efficient in addressing both issues I raised.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by aptness

We do try.

Yes, I understand there are civility issues. But the election brings a lot of crap to the boards.
It's hard for a handful of mods to effectively police the whole board of over 100,000 members thousands of which are online at any given point.

It can be overwhelming. But we do try.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
to elevate it's credibility by shining a light on CREDIBLE information, and stimulative discussion.

And Incredible Credible Information at that.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I couldn't help having a bit of a chuckle at the Alexa (similar to quantcast) description for this site

Relative to the overall population of internet users, Abovetopsecret.com appeals more to Caucasians; its audience also tends to consist of childless men browsing from home who are not college graduates.

Well I did graduate from university but the rest is 100%!

alexa

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

You all earn a cookie. I'm glad the site is doing as well as it is. Keep up the good work.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

What great news! I am exited for our community that we will be getting so many new quality posters/debaters...

even though we will get 1 of them for ever 100 of the 'post 20, new thread, argue, never heard from again' people.

Ive been reading ATS since I was 11. I am now 19. I have went through multiple accounts, simply because well... er... the 'quality' of our sites content was to much of the one-timers... now im back of course...

Thanks for sharing!!

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Congratulations !!!

This means the so called "sheeple" will get into an exponential wake up boost. People will talk about stuff when they know they are not the only few with alternative ideas on their mind.

One thing though... I sure hope change will follow. In a good kind of way of course.

ATS

It's great to be part this.

This calls for a beer... It's time to celebrate.

So... I'd like to toast on this great community, the ongoing skeptical sanity. ( Which is very needed a lot of the time, and last but not least to the future.
May we live long and prosper.

Wait !

This reminds me of a great song... Enjoy !

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Conspiracy Theories have now passed BBC and the FBI as sources of Information. Who would have thought....

Congratulations!

It's no longer "The rules according to Hoyle"

Now it's just the rules according to folks with hats of tin foil.

www.phrases.org.uk...

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Fantastic news, and CONGRATULATIONS for having one of the best debate sites on the t'interweb.

Glad to be a part of it, and although there is the odd troll....they're in far fewer numbers than most other sites.

edit on 13/11/10 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
This is awesome News!!

Congrats ATS and thanks to ALL for making this site the best around!!

edit on 13-11-2010 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Very cool and provides an opportunity to say thanks Ats, Mods, Admin and members for making this site what it is and all the work put into the new design and functions.
I am very proud to be part of this tribe!

Peace,
spec

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Nice

So ummmm where do I pick up my check?

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
This is a conspiracy!

Clearly this fraudelent organization charged with compiling these statistics are simply manipulating them to deny the very real fact that ATS is number 1!

Well at least in my book it is.

However rations are cut, and double shifts are now ordered until we reach the number 1 spot!

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Nice, it's good to know that public awareness of alternative news topics is increasing. This is one of the only places where you can find out about significant stories that aren't being covered by mainstream media. For example, the "Foundation X" bailing out England story is remarkable, and it's truly a disappointment that it's getting no media coverage. Luckily I was able to find out about the story thanks to ATS. Hopefully the site's popularity grows further and it becomes a common alternative news source.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
welcome to the silent majority

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Hey everyone I'm the new guy. Just wanted to say Congratulations. That is awesome!!!:

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
This is great news and well deserved, thank you Admin, Mods and Membership for making this site the best on the net.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Sounds like ATS members will make all the government lists now! Can't have any real info getting out now can we? Congrats on beating the FBI.

CX

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Congratulations to everyone who makes it possible.

For the record...i have kids AND an education....so they can stick that one in their stats!

CX.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I am very happy for the owners, staff, moderators and members.

We are a great team.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join