It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports of small explosion at London tube station

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Just received this over twitter:

Police vans at High&I + South Ken tube stations. Rumours of small explosions in London. Should we be worried?

I'm checking the news reports now...

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Three loud explosions were heard early this morning and a police scene is being reported around Highbury station. Not sure if its an electrical problem - but this is being reported at numerous stations.

I'll keep the thread up dated.

Numerous police vans are reported to be heading to South Kensington station.
edit on 11-11-2010 by infinite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
cna t find any news about this, might be cause its 4:54 am over here and far from europe...

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

I can't find anything on this. If it was "early this morning" I'm guessing it wasn't too important ( thank God) otherwise this would be huge news already ,as its nearly 1pm gmt.
edit on 11-11-2010 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Someone reported three loud, separate, explosions at 11:30am then the reports of police came over twitter.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
just checked twitter and didnt see anything. Im sure we'd have heard something by now.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   

be careful friend! better take a taxi. the explosions might be small but you never know what might be in those bombs. gas, etc. this might be a false alarm, hopefully, but if not keep your wits about you.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I see news about vioelnce in england, protesters did some dammage againts a raise of fees, but nothing about a couple of explosions

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Someone reported three loud, separate, explosions at 11:30am then the reports of police came over twitter.

Ok but that is not " early this morning" that's just before midday. This is how things like this get so confused because basic facts like when did it happen are already wrong ( not blaming you in any way just a observation about this sort of thing and how it gets reported). Lets hope its nothing serious. Just hearing radio 2 news ,nothing .

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   

who sent the msg, a friend or just a news alert

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I can't find anything on any news sources, even the local ones.

Even if it was a bomb there still wouldn't be much point in worrying about it, it's like worrying about being struck by lightening.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Can't find anything on the MSM but i'll keep my eyes peeled.

I was thinking the other day that what with the terror alert being high someone might try something on this remembrance day. Hope i'm wrong.

Peace.
ALS

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

I wonder if it wasn't just the sound of the guns after the 3 min silence at 11am.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   

OMG I think you might be right!

Good catch!

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Yes seems you are right.

Nice catch.

Peace.
ALS

CX

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

I wonder if it wasn't just the sound of the guns after the 3 min silence at 11am.

Most probably.

I spent a few months getting treated at the QEMH hospital at Woolwich in London when i left the services, and just along the road was the artillery barracks. On 11/11 they always fired these guns to start and finish the silence.

If only they knew that just yards down the road was a ward full of servicemen taking cover under their beds?

Our neighbouring town does it too.

CX.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

11am is not particularly early - usually bangs down in the underground is to do with the high voltage, maybe a raty got fried, that should make a bang, the last one I heard of was a witches hat from a Halloween costume, the metal rim made it fly like a frisbee and then it hit the live track and something like 40 people were stranded on a train for an hour lol

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Kensington?
That was where a group of extremist goons were burning poppies and holding signs saying "British troops burn in hell."
Idiots-If they don't like our customs why the hell do come and live here?
Deport the lot I say.

www.express.co.uk...

Was it connected I wonder?

new topics

top topics

join