It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[FLASHBACK] Was TWA 800 Shot Down By a Military Missile?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
whatreallyhappened.com...

There is some fantastic info in this link and makes for a compelling read. Here's just a little tidbit:

Author James Sander's wife works for TWA. She lost friends on flight 800, and as rumors of a missile kill of flight 800 began to circulate within TWA, James was asked to look into the matter.

In his book, "The Downing Of TWA Flight 800" James Sanders related the story of how one of the TWA employees working in the Calverton hanger became so disgusted with what he saw as a deliberate cover-up that he provided to James Sanders two samples of cloth from seats from TWA 800, to be tested by an outside, NON-government linked laboratory.

On the seat fabric samples was a bright red residue which had stained three rows of seats in the aircraft, rows 17-19.

Tests on the first sample revealed elements which experts confirmed were consistent with the combustion byproducts of a military solid fuel rocket motor of the powdered aluminum and perchlorate type.

James Sanders then gave his second and last sample to CBS news for them to have tested. CBS promptly turned around and gave the sample back to the government.

Once the sample had been returned, the government declared that the red residue was seat glue, choosing to simply ignore the fact that it has been seen on only three adjacent rows of seats out of the entire aircraft.

The FBI, showing a double standard, then went after James Sanders for theft of part of the airplane, even though the FBI's man in charge, James Kallstrom, had removed a souvenir from the aircraft himself.

edit on 10-11-2010 by leo123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
No it was NOT shot down, I can tell you that with certainty, I've seen the remains of the plane on the rack as it was attempted to be put back together, you can CLEARLY see where it was blown OUT, as if from an interior combustion, not a missile strike.
And before anyone says ANYTHING about the Air Force NG base out in Montauk, its an AIR RESCUE Base, in fact its one of the few on the east coast that was equipped for Space shuttle recovery had it crashed in the atlantic ocean.
This was a tragic accident, NOTHING MORE!

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

show me pictures to support what you say i DO NOT believe you

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

What are we to make of the multiple, and in some cases highly credible, eyewitness reports?

Almost at once, eyewitnesses were being interviewed on radio and TV who reported that something strange had preceded the explosion of the 747. Witnesses, many on the ground, reported seeing a bright object "streaking" towards the 747. The object in question turned in midair as it closed on the jumbo jet. Witnesses reported horizontal travel, as well as vertical. The broad geographical range covered by the eyewitnesses eliminates foreground/background confusion. To be seen as being near the 747 from so many different directions, the bright object had to actually be in the immediate vicinity of the 747.

Other pilots in the air reported seeing a bright light near the jumbo jet before it exploded.

In the days following the disaster, many industry executives privately concluded that TWA 800 had been shot down.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
these all came out AFTER one person said they saw something, and they all jumped on the bandwagon
as far as the residue was concerned, it was PROVEN the plane was used to TEST bombsniffing dogs, or did everyone forget that too?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
And then there is the unusual behaviour of the Navy:

Unique to this crash was the intense participation of the Navy, which immediately dispatched its best deep salvage vessels to the area, and kicked out the New York Police Department divers, who had legal jurisdiction in the area.

While the beaches of Long Island were swept by soldiers in humvees, the Navy bottom-searched an area of the Atlantic half the size of Rhode Island.

Most unusually, the Navy searched out 20 miles to either side of the known debris field, even though the 747 could not have glided that distance from its altitude of 13,700 MSL even if left intact.

The Navy justified this extensive search by claiming that they could not locate the aircraft flight recorders, the "black boxes", even though numerous private boat owners reported hearing the locator pings on their sonar and fish finders. When the black boxes finally appeared, it was reported that they had been found directly under the Navy's deep salvage vessel.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by leo123

I was one of the National Guard members beachcombing for debris

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Artorius

Let me go back in time to get them....
by the way, you want pics to prove things right? are you a 9-11 truther as well?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Let me go back in time to get them.... by the way, you want pics to prove things right? are you a 9-11 truther as well?

Damn reasonable request I thought. I'm still out on what happened but you seriously post here & expect us to take your word as gospel?. By the way I am not a "Truther" as you put it!

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I've got a close friend who was an ammo troop in the air force. At the time he told me this, he wasn't really a believer in all the 911 conspiracy talk but he did tell me about something very strange he saw. He explained he was looking through some documents for his job when he came across something that indicated there was a air to air missile that more or less 'disappeared' on 911. I understand, according to him, that this never happens since every piece of ammo has to always be accounted for, especially things like missiles.

I know this wont hold water to most of you since there's not really any way to prove it that I know of. He told me he couldnt get any pictures or copies since security forces watches you closely when going through the records.

Still, if he was right then it was definitely unusual and worth mentioning.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayTaylor
I've got a close friend who was an ammo troop in the air force. At the time he told me this, he wasn't really a believer in all the 911 conspiracy talk but he did tell me about something very strange he saw. He explained he was looking through some documents for his job when he came across something that indicated there was a air to air missile that more or less 'disappeared' on 911. I understand, according to him, that this never happens since every piece of ammo has to always be accounted for, especially things like missiles.

I know this wont hold water to most of you since there's not really any way to prove it that I know of. He told me he couldnt get any pictures or copies since security forces watches you closely when going through the records.

Still, if he was right then it was definitely unusual and worth mentioning.

FYI - TWA 800 came down before 911.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

it may be a reasonable request, but no I didnt have my cameras, recording devices were NOT permitted in the hangar as per the FBI and FAA, I was a young soldier in the national guard at the time, I wasnt about to get an article 15 for it
I dont care if you dont believe me or not, I know what I saw and what was pointed out to me, if you chose to believe every conspiracy out there, thats your mental illness not mine. I know what i saw

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by leo123

Ya that's a little embarrassing.

Just disregard my last post, sorry.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I suspect this thread was started from a comment of mine on the mystery missile last night. Anyway, I'll repeat part of what I said.

I have a friend, a senior crew member that retired with 36 years with American Airlines. Her AA flight was on its way to Paris the night of the "crash" of TWA 800. At the arrival, her crew met with others that were also in the air that night not far behind flight 800. Senior airline pilots agreed among themselves that they witnessed a missile trail up to the a/c seconds before it exploded.

If you want to accept the exploding fuel tank, fine. (Wouldn't a missile literally striking the a/c explode it from the inside?)

You should wonder why the TWA 800 investigation ignored literally hundreds of people on shore, on boats and in the air that claimed to see a missile strike the a/c and then worked overtime trying to establish the mysterious exploding fuel tank explanation. Why would you want to believe the government anymore about anything? It has no credibility.

I am an admitted UFO abductee and I have seen a slow, silent and silent triangle at low altitude about a mile from my position. I don't believe anything they say for those reasons and a few dozen others.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

you chose to believe every conspiracy out there, thats your mental illness not mine.

Who said I believe in every conspiracy? Just asserting it is reasonable to ask for proof! Speaking of mental illness just look at your avatar! Enough said. Too easy a target!

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
MY avatar?
LMAO, thats not me, thats a pic I found on the web and because of its ridiculousness i kept it as an avatar,
Nice try, but try again

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
My mother was watching the news when it first happened. They showed what she says looked like a small plane flying into it, then the explosion. People on the beach were interviewed and they saw the same thing.

This was televised in New Jersey for the first few hours after the event. There was also a story about the navy testing something new out there at the same time.

The story was quickly changed, and none of the news footage was seen again after the first few hours.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Dogdish

There was VIDEO of something flying into TWA flight 800?? Who happened to be filming a routine flight to france?
I dont believe this, who would happen to be filming a plane that was already a few thousand feet in the air?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

The fact you even find that picture amusing proves my point .... game over for you!. Anyway back to the topic. There will always be doubt about this accident. It just seemed really convenient that the plane could be "Re-assembled" like that . It was just too easy the way it came to together to reinforce a point. Still undecided either way!

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

proves what point?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join