It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA's Fermi Telescope Finds Giant Structure in our Galaxy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
this reminds me of Halton Arp's observations regarding quasars.

maybe the galaxy is going to produce a pair... will be kind of interesting how long such a process takes, might be centuries - or just a couple of years. if it's 2012, i'll take back everything i ever said about prophecies.

www.electric-cosmos.org...

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MrX07

Agreed my friend and I must add the LHC did do things this week with the MINI BIG BANG, SMH. Good Post MRX07.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
nothing can escape the gravity of a black hole lol
except hawking radiation
except electrons
except gamma rays
i wounder how long the list is going to get

This is oversimplified to the point of nonsense.

If an object crosses the radius of Schwarzschild sphere, then indeed nothing will escape. However, violent processes happening just outside can and will result in emission of all sorts of radiation and particles. That's one of the ways we can explain such emissions happening in the Universe, which can't be explained by normal star evolution.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
If it has only just been discovered, which is strange in my opinion becase i'm sure they've been using "Gamma Detection Equipment" for sometime and its already 25,000 light years in size then i'm concerned due to 3 reasons.

1. If It is relatively new then the speed at which its travelling must be immense
2. It has been discovered for a while but only just released (for whatever reason makes me worried)
3. If it is new and its travelling at a huge speed, its not going to take long to engulf our Solar System, what will be the effects on humans???

Will we all be "Hulks"????
edit on 10/11/10 by jrmcleod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

Thats not meant to Hypnotize us is it?

As i was looking about the photo at what you wrote, i could see what looked like those 2 entities pulsating....

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrX07
georgia guidestones ..yes i have read this and several other sites like it ..my goal is not to devalue the NWO ..or to excite anyone in the coming of God ...i have extensive schooling in religion and ancient beliefs ...i am not religious ..or political ..my interest is to get an oppinion of the possibility of the prophets being true .. or just coincidental ...a hole in space at this time ...just seems strange ..unless ..as stated in a response to this topic ..this phenomenon has always been here .. and we now just have the technology to detect it .. this seems like the most ...obvious fact ...

Why do you use so many periods? Is it suppose to cause a dramatic pause or something similar? We get people saying stuff like this all the time; and those period pauses are quite annoying to read. This article has nothing to do with religion, NWO, or mayan prophecies, just an event in space we previously didn't know to happen at our galaxy's center, we have monitored it in other galaxies a number of times.

I'm curious how you connected all of what you said to this thread.
edit on 10-11-2010 by milkmustache because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
"As above, so below", the seed will sow.
It doesn't eden take a bicameral consciousness.
Jus-be-cause.
edit on 10-11-2010 by Perseus Apex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Good subject, although all galaxy's emit this deadly gamma radiation. I mean M-31 (Andromeda) would emmit another 25,000 light years of this radiation if the Milky way is 50,000. I mean I already thought this was there,
did NASA only just come up with the idea or have they just proved it?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

This is an easy one. Look at the 3d field shape of an Archimedes spiral antenna. No black holes required, it is not an explosion, it is a radio field. The universe is Electro Magnetic.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oozii

Too bad it's invisible to the naked eye.

Being invisible to the naked eye really isn't a big deal. In some spectrum of light, you can see them, they're really there, we just aren't able to see it because it doesn't reflect the light we see.
But I thinks its totally awesome that there are these amazing structures out there that we can't see. It should make man more humble, make us realize that we have no clue whats going on in the universe, spending more time and money on learning more, on discovery.
But, so far, we're still here, teaching our "truths," such as religion, and politics.

Anyway, sorry for going off track. Invisible things are cool.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

I refuse to feel fear.

Regardless of what this alarming news
portends for the immediate future.
I am going to live each moment to it's fullest and enjoy every second
of the rest of my life, even if it is only a few days....

Just kidding.
I'll be working.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy
It should make man more humble

As the song goes, "One night in Bangkok makes a hard man humble".

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

fyi.

It's not a structure.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

clearly from the pictures our galaxys blackhole is emmiting something dont you think?
xp

Dude, for all we really know, the black hole could be emitting the Galaxy. No, really.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I wonder if this is the same thing that a friend of mine was talking about the other day. He had told me that scientists have recently thought that the our galaxy is actually a hologram of some sort. Very interesting pictures. I would have to say I'm pretty much open to anything nowadays.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
reply to post by XPLodER

nothing can escape the gravity of a black hole lol
except hawking radiation
except electrons
except gamma rays

Black holes emit nothing.

H

Nope.

it seems that these 'black holes' can emit rather a lot of different things... Thats how they are detected... how else wud u detect something you cant see...?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MrX07

thats all i have to say about that ...THE END

Right, er, thanks.

>mops brow

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

Awesome!
S&F

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MrX07

who is this person u speak of?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

If each plume is 25,000 light years in length then doesn't that mean that this has been going on for a minimum of 25,000 years? I say this because unless gamma radiation can somehow move faster than the speed of light then it has to be constrained by it right?
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong here, otherwise this isn't really anything to be scared of since it hasn't bothered us for at least 25,000 years.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join