It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the Sumerians mistake a mother ship and name it Nibiru?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
This post is in honor of the late Zecharia Sitchin who passed away October 9, 2010.

I was thinking about this recently as many people are talking about Nibiru being a planet or a dwarf star. I noticed the flaming sides of the symbol for Nibiru and was wondering if the population on Earth was watching a huge mother ship orbiting the Earth. If we can see smaller satellites orbiting, think of what a much larger ship would look like.

This theory makes more sense than a planet with a strange orbit nearing the Earth every 3600 years. What do others here think of this?

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I used to believe in Nibiru.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tortillawraps

That's a little vague?
2nd line.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

There are so many threads about this I'm not sure what to think honestly.
Edit to add Use the search feature. So many threads on niburu.
edit on 11/6/2010 by madmangunradio because: (no reason given)

I dont want to get hammered for trolling or responding without something to add.

This theory makes more sense than a planet with a strange orbit nearing the Earth every 3600 years. What do others here think of this?

??
edit on 11/6/2010 by madmangunradio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Niribu could've been some sort of "manifestation."

That's if you believe in that sort of mumbo-jumbo.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I do not believe Nibiru was a planet as that would of created many more problems with the other planets when crossing their orbits too. I do think much of what has been written in history is based on some sort of fact, so the ancient Sumerians did see something in the sky. I thought of the satellites orbiting the Earth that are tracked by people in modern times and the theory of Nibiru being a large mother ship crossed my mind.

I figured I would put it here as 2012 and Nibiru have become associated with each other.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
This post is in honor of the late Zecharia Sitchin who passed away October 9, 2010.

Didn't know Zecharia died.
May he rest in peace.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   

I think the ancients seen the ship or (celestial directional object) that ANU was traveling on Nibiru.

link v
www.enkispeaks.com...&Mining_2.html

King Anu of Nibiru sent his dynastic heir, Enlil, to Earth to rule it and check Ea's claim of vast gold to send back to Nibiru to save that planet's atmosphere.

King Anu

Narrative Resumes

Father Anu, Enlil beamed from Earth to Nibiru, Affirm, by the law of succession, that I, your son by your own half-sister Antu, precede and have authority over Ea, though, he, your eldest son, be.

Come to Earth, Enlil begged Anu, Make Enki obey me.

Enlil warned Anu he'd have to deal with Alalu too: He yells he's King of Earth and Nibiru.

So, 416, 000 years ago, Anu flew to Earth.

Anu flies from Nibiru to Earth

On Earth, he put three straws in his right hand, held them out to Ea and Enlil: Whoever draws the long straw rules Nibiru. Draw the short straw and you command Earth. Middle-sized straw: run mining and sea transport.

"By their lots the tasks they divided; Anu to Nibiru to return, its ruler on the throne to remain.

"The Edin [Mesopotamia] to Enlil was allotted, to be Lord of Command, more settlements to establish, of the skyships and their heros charge to take. Of all the lands until they the bar of the seas encounter, the leader to be.

"To Ea the seas and the oceans as his domain were granted, lands beyond the bar of the waters by him to be governed, in the Abzu [southeastern Africa] to be the master, with ingenuity the gold to procure." [Sitchin, Z., Lost Book of Enki, pages 92 -93]. Enlil’d already displaced by Enlil as Anu’s successor on Nibiru, now Enlil, “this rival, this robber of Ea’s birthright” commanded him on Earth.

Hello Annunaki!!!
-what a long long long sleep-
edit on 11/8/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

I noticed the flaming sides of the symbol for Nibiru and was wondering if the population on Earth was watching a huge mother ship orbiting the Earth.

I'm not sure what you think can be seen from the surface of an object orbiting the Earth. I don't think that you'd be able to discern the sort of shape you are imaging.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I pretty much believe the same thing, that Nibiru was a huge Spacestation or Mothership and not a Planet.
Even sceptics admits that Nibiru was some sort of celestial object, but the texts- atleast those I have read- doesn't say exactly what kind of celestial object it was, and least of all that it actually was a Planet.
All the texts really says, is that the gods "used" it, in some fashion and traveled to and from it- between Earth and Heaven.
Nibiru being a large Spacestation, would make much sence and it would also fit with what the Hindu and Vedic texts says about "Three glowing cities circling the Earth", if Nibiru were one of those.

Supposedly, that is.
Ofcourse it COULD have been a Planet, I am open for that too, I just tend to lean more towards it rather being one of the other suggestions.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightchild

Even sceptics admits that Nibiru was some sort of celestial object

No true at all. Skeptics or rather those that have looked at the evidence say that Nibiru means crossing.

For more information on the term as used by the Sumerians see:
Nibiru

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

Even sceptics admits that Nibiru was some sort of celestial object

No true at all. Skeptics or rather those that have looked at the evidence say that Nibiru means crossing.

For more information on the term as used by the Sumerians see:
Nibiru

I have already that site saved in my favorites since quite some time.

And, I only agree with some parts of it. In regards of Nibiru, the reason I saved the Site was because of the work on the topic of Nibiru.

Now; So Nibiru is not a celestial object? If so, then could you please explain the following quote from your linked Site;

The stars of heaven, let him [Nibiru] set their course; let him shepherd all the gods like sheep. Observation: The text clearly labels Nibiru with the DINGIR sign again, and yet calls it specifically a star (kakkabu is the generic word for star in semitic; cf. Hebrew kkb). It also says that Marduk-Jupiter made Nibiru appear. Could this be a reference to a cataclysmic event, or perhaps some positional phenomenon, or is it just a mythological statement? Whatever Nibiru is – it seems either Jupiter itself (the apparent plurality being only a renaming of the same thing) or some star inextricably connected to Jupiter, it regulates the stars keeping them in their courses.

Could you explain for me how a Star or a Planet is not celestial objects?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Thanks for your post.

My understanding had been that Nibiru was a position in the sky, the zenith, or a point associated with the summer solstice, possibly a constellation, or even the direction of the north pole.

It seems that in the few places,under 20, that it has been found it also refers to Mercury, Jupiter, a star which might be Fomalhaut, and Venus.

The question of course is why the why range of uses? I was trying to find Heiser's paper, but all I could find from him was a truncated summary which ended before his summation on the issue.

Still, it seems possible for the word Nibiru to refer to a known celestial object such as a planet or star.

top topics

join