It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Totally Awesome picture-Sun with many Haloes!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I love looking at pics of the Sun and sun haloes are my fav. But this one takes the cake!!! Just look at this

What a gem (or gems) huh?

spaceweather.com...

"These were the best ice haloes I have ever seen," says Koski. "They were there for only about 10 minutes and then gone. What a delight!" "It was a gem of a halo display," agrees atmospheric optics expert Les Cowley. "Koski saw at least 13 different arcs. Some, including two types of Parry arc, are rare. Three more arcs, the helic, Parry supralateral arc, and Moilanen arc are exceedingly rare. See the key for the arc identities. With winter fast approaching, now is the time for outstanding halos."

Happy Hollows

LV

If this has been posted, please close this one. I searched for 'Sun halo October 2010' and didnt see anything recent enough to be this image.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
S&F for an awesome photograph! Follow the link to the source for a more high-res version.

A halo (ἅλως; also known as a nimbus, icebow or Gloriole) is an optical phenomenon produced by ice crystals creating colored or white arcs and spots in the sky. Many are near the sun or moon but others are elsewhere and even in the opposite part of the sky. They can also form around artificial lights in very cold weather when ice crystals called diamond dust are floating in the nearby air.

I had no idea that they were caused by ice crystals until just now. Pretty cool.

edit on 31-10-2010 by susp3kt because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I cant help but to notice...atop of the first halo...there seems to be what I would call a upside down triangle pointing down to the Sun.

I cant help but to think of them looking at the Sun as sacred, giver of life...and if they would of seen such a image...they could of taken note to the 'angels' that seem to point DOWN to the Sun.

new topics

join