It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laughing is contagious! Do you need a smile?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
If anyone needs a lift in their heart...watch the clips. I have often searched for things like this on the internet when I need a change of heart.

Watch them trying NOT to laugh on this Mama's family episode!

Sometimes the best ones are when people are trying NOT to laugh buy are dying TO laugh!

I hope I made someone smile (or laugh) that is in need of it (we all need it ya know)

I would love to see the thread just be full of videos that have made someone laugh!

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

ATS CHALLENGE! VIEW THIS THREAD AND PASS IT ON!!!

WE ALL NEED this!

WOW! Did you just make my night or what!
THANK YOU!

Oh hell and creation I just spotted watching the first Carol video again!

peace

I've got a vid to add, brb, lol...

edit on 30-10-2010 by silo13 because: lol

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
These are awesome.

It is funny how that works, just seeing some one enjoy themselves instantly brightens our mood for the day.

But it has to be a real smile/laugh or else it does not trigger our laughter, if you see someone smiling, and you don't auto atically smile back it means that smile was fake.

We automatically mirror what we see, that's why we yawn when other around do it.

Star and flag buddy, a welcome enjoyment to a good day.

Pred...

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
YAAAA

Im glad some others enjoyed this.

My and my kids sat and watched the baby videos this morning and we were all just cracking up. Course as one of us started to truly laugh, it was contagious in its own right.

I agree with the past poster that can pick out a 'true' laugh and not...and I noticed this when trying to pick through videos to posts for this thread. As I started to watch some of the 'adult' laughing attacks...most of the time I picked up on the 'overboard' laugh to attract attention or what have you.

Baby's are just so good at 'pure' laughter....they have no reason to fake it.

But in many episodes of mama's family....or shows like Saturday night live...I would find adults that were trying to not laugh when they really really wanted to, and I found this to be just as funny.

It was almost therapeutic for me and my kids this morning, to start our Saturday off together, full of laughs and even tears from laughing so hard

As soon as the laughter from the videos started to ring through out the house....it was only within a few minutes time, the rest of the house hold was standing around the computer together laughing. It was great!

My favorite...is the first video with the quadruplets laughing together.....truly shows the contagiousness of laughing, even amongst babies.

Happy days!
LV

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I'm really sorry this thread hasn't gone farther.
It really deserves to be right up there on top.

So in hopes this might help:

Smiles for you

peace
edit on 1-11-2010 by silo13 because: eek

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Enjoyed that! Thanks for the morning smile

I often wonder if there are some that feel uncomfortable when something so seemingly small can make them laugh or smile. As if they cant allow themselves to just be free for a moment and 'enjoy'. So much seriousness in the world, we are almost conditioned to not take a moment for 'joy' and just be 'free' to laugh and smile.

As long as you are 'being' take that moment now and then to smile or laugh. Going to a park and watching kids just be kids makes me smile because they are soo in the state of 'being' as a free expression.

Thanks for the
on the thread!

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
My kids really like cat videos. The last is more heartwarming, bonding between a stray cat and a wild crow!

Funny Cats Compilation- Hilarious

Cats With Attitude

- Stalking Cat -

Crow and cat

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I only laugh when there is an evil plot involved.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I think the funny thing is that we post vids, that depict animals showing humanity.

Funny that we cannot find vids of adults showing humananity isn't it. We all love dogs or cats(do not like them) in these vids or other animals, as human adults are just so useless at showing emotiona nd caring, that we have to run to animal vids to find this.

I loved that one along time ago on here about the dog and the elephant, being friends, and just amazing that humans did not try and kill them or something for just wanting to be friends.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

OMG that is awesome. Lmao

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

How cute!!!!!!!!!

Yes laughing is contagious and I'm a sucker for babies anyway.

Very sweet video, what a beautiful family.

Thank you for sharing.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I didn't embed this one but here it is anyways.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The laughing Quadruplets is hilarious! Imagine them all crying at once though? Still brought a smile to my face though. Its amazing to see the view counts some of those videos have. Spreading the joy!

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Those were awesome Unity! In the first video I love when the cat gets dizzy and its eyes are rolling around

Love love love that crow and cat video
Simply amazes me how animals can get along.

And please forgive me for this one.....you may cry and smile at the same time

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bordon81
I didn't embed this one but here it is anyways.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

That was so awesome

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Ok, I'll be the first to say it.. (I know others are thinking it lol) I'll admit, the Mama's Family clips made me laugh..But animals and babies??? Common!!!

edit on 1-11-2010 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

awesome thread, haha. love the outtakes. i think the reason this works so well is because of these....

Mirror Neurons

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Funny that we cannot find vids of adults showing humananity isn't it.

Can too! Can too!

This is like the most FEEL GOOD SMILE vids I know of humans doing what we should be doing (IMO) - but I have to add they make me cry, because there's far too little of it - but I hope you all smile.

peace!

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Thank you so much, I love that Dancing one and envision the whole world saying No to wars and starvation ,but not in protests or opposition, but in freindship, offering love to everyone, to the leaders, and dancing, just getting out and joining in. I have had a hard time finding that video, and here it is, and about to go on my favorites too!

new topics

top topics

join