It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O'Donnell threatens to sue WDEL

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I just saw this story and it brought to mind how some of these "new blood" politicians seem to view the election process. It seems they think we should only hear what they want us too. Some say no public interviews or that they will only answer certain questions. I remember George Bush only let certain people into his "town halls". Apparently Ms. O'Donnell is threatening AM radio station WDEL with a lawsuit if they post an interview.

O'Donnell threatens to sue WDEL

another link

Washington Post

This is just what the tea party is looking for yes? A new blood politician that uses power to "crush" anyone who speaks out against her. What about those first amendment rights they are so up in arms about? Seems to me first and foremost they are hypocrites.
edit on Fri October 29th, 2010 by damwel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Well it appears after reading more that this maybe isn't "breaking news" but I hadn't seen it here. Mods, please move it if you feel it necessary.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I live here and have heard nothing about this. I have doubts as to if it's true or not.

Be aware that the Delaware paper is VERY left wing. It slants everything .. and I mean everything.

It's considered a far left rag. The Delaware online is from them.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
They all do that, no one was allowed to ask obama anything not scripted fact in the election. Of course all of them want a free ride, but even your current pres got there with virtually no press scrutiny, apart from fox.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I have to admit I know nothing about that paper but just because a paper leans one way doesn't mean everything it releases is a lie. Even Fox news doesn't always lie. Without looking too long it appears that this story is covered by a few agencies.

As for Obama and democrats controling who gets into their rallies, I never saw the proof of that however I did personally experience Bush's control of his rallys right down to throwing you out if you had anything against him.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
Ijust because a paper leans one way doesn't mean everything it releases is a lie.

Oh sure. I know that. What I'm saying is ... be careful with it. This paper is notorious. That's all.
I'd wait to see if it comes up on other media outlets before I'd be sure that this absolutely is true.
Discuss it as ... 'O'donnell MAYBE threatening to sue' .... but it's a not for sure yet kinda' thing.
Ya' know??

Our local news comes on at 12:00. If I hear anything on it, I'll post it here.
(I'm in Wilmington Delaware where all this is taking place)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Well it looks like it had some validity since I just found this searching WDEL. Threat to sue WDEL off the table

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

The Christine O'Donnell campaign says any plans to sue WDEL are off the table.

Okay. We really don't know if they were ever actually on the table.
Honestly, I'm thinking this was just a rumor or something ...
but I'll let ya'll know what comes up at 12:00 on the TV news.
If there is anything going on ... they'd be the ones to carry it.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

www.rawstory.com...

Apparently Ms Odonnell had second thoughts realizing her suit would only further point out what a dumbass she really is.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I saw this on the news a couple of nights ago. Fox I believe.

Anyhow, apparently the radio host asked O'Donnell a question and she did not have an immediate answer, so she silently waved over her aide to show her an answer written on a piece of paper. The radio interview was videotaped and O'Donnell threatened sue the radio station if they posted the video online or broadcast it in any form. O'Donnell's representatives later called the radio station and apologized. The news broadcast I was watching actually showed the clip. I believe it is on youtube.

Here is the short version:

Follow this link for the longer version:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 29-10-2010 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
WDEL better be careful, word on the street is that O'Donnel is a witch!

Honestly in situations like this - a highly charged election period - I take all political stories such as this with a grain of salt. It's oh so hard to tell the publicity stunts from the genuine issues.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Well it's not hard to tell that this wasn't an O'Donnell publicity stunt and I see no reason for the station to do it.
Here's what it was:

She got caught not knowing an issue and then got caught on video having an aide rush over to show her the answer. This would play into furthering the idea that she is a no nothing dunce. She can't have that now so...
They threaten the station if the station doesn't play ball. The station in turn publicizes her threat. When it all gets out in the open, O'Donnell can't have that so she backs down and apologizes. Looks pretty clear cut to me.

I just watched the video and I can't believe what I saw. When the reporter won't buy her sleezy non-answer to his question she snaps her finger at her aide and points to the reporter. What did she expect him to do, muscle the guy? My god, she thinks she's Al Capone. If I'd have been the reporter I would have stood up and asked the goon, "Whatcha gonna do?". I'm laughing my rear off because I am sure she forgot there was video. There ya go Delaware, strong arm tactics and ignorance, that's the candidate.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
- Didn't see anything on the news. It was dominated by the UPS terrorist attack thingy ...

- No chatter in the papers or on the news. If it was a news story .. it didn't last long and is gone.

- O'Donnel was being asked questions about a post she wasn't running for. She was trying to steer the conversation back to questions about that which a US Senator would have dealings with. She was trying to get her handler to intervene. Happens all the time with politicians. No biggie.

- She isn't going to win anyways. Coons is smarter and people can see that. Too bad he's such an Obamatron and will vote in line with him. That's something we DO NOT need anymore of.

- I already voted - absentee - third party down the line. I wish more people would. Looking at O'Donnel and Coons .. YIKES! I can't believe those are our top choices. She's not the brightest bulb and he's just a rubber stamp obamatron.

UGH.

top topics

join