It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think You Know Everything About The Gulf Oil Spill? Well Think Again! Prepare To Be Rocked To Th

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

first of all let me say that after reading this entire article, IF there is any cause for concern or a need to point a finger at someone, I would point that finger at Synthetic Genomics Inc, not at BP. As an oil producer, I would think that they are always trying to come up with methods that are faster and more effecient, not just keep doing it the same old way day after day. But a company that makes a product that is as dangerous to toy with as this article states over and over and over, the company again being Synthetic Genomics Inc, not BP, this company should be held liable if there are any damages.

That being said, I have lots of family who live and have lived on the the gulf coast waters for all of my long life. None of them are sick, none of them have anything weird going on in their gardens, flower or vegetable, none of them have lesions or the flu ongoing, they all go to the beach reguarly, several of them live beachside. They don't have any friends or nieghbors that have lesions or any other health concerns that seem odd or could be called blue flu.

Can anyone here show pictures of what the lesions look like? I noticed in the article presented, one blogger says it is morgellens. But morgellens has been a controversy for a long time before the Synthetic Genomics Inc made these microbes.

I am not 'rocked to the core' by this article. I am not suprised at all that a bacteria would be used to eat up the oil, but the lakes of it on the seabed tells me that apparently the microbes are full or something happened to them.

I would like to see more proof of their existance as well, a single blog does not make this article true and correct. I would like to see real proof of the exsistance and use of these microbes, and of all uses of it, not just the gulf disaster. And the people who are sick, where are they? Are they not mad enough to come out and show themselves?

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

I would like to see more proof of their existance as well, a single blog does not make this article true and correct. I would like to see real proof of the exsistance and use of these microbes, and of all uses of it, not just the gulf disaster. And the people who are sick, where are they? Are they not mad enough to come out and show themselves?

Here you go....

The work to create the first synthetic bacterial cell was not easy, and took this team approximately 15 years to complete. Along the way they had to develop new tools and techniques to construct large segments of genetic code, and learn how to transplant genomes to convert one species to another. The 1.08 million base pair synthetic M. mycoides genome is the largest chemically defined structure ever synthesized in the laboratory
www.jcvi.org...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3fa9ca247945.jpg[/atsimg]

www.jcvi.org...
edit on 30-10-2010 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I just saw all four YouTube videos. This is far worse than I could ever have imagined.

I believe this is true. And if it is, God help us. We cannot stop this one, except for the synthetic vaccine that they will create.

Is this what Book Of Revelation meant by "The Mark Of The Beast"? The vaccine?

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet

Can anyone here show pictures of what the lesions look like?

Here ya go...

Thousands in Gulf Suffer from Misdiagnosed Skin Lesions

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Here you go, I was quoted in Dr. Ott's article on the Huffington Post. Please read the links to understand exactly how the oil eating microbe Alcanivorax Borkumensis was Bio engineered. The links provided are hard core scientific articles I believe one I researched was 127 pages.

Huffington Post

There are thousands of people sick! i talk to as many as I can daily. Be grateful your family is not ill.
Remember just because this illness is not touching you personally, does not negate the fact it is effecting many. Pictures are on both links.

Here is the follow up article I wrote for our website.
Oil Eating Microbe, Alcanivorax Borkumensis and the Ugly Truth

Pax

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Wow...the images from the Huffington Post link are truly disturbing. Very disgusting. God help us.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

Tell me about it! Those pictures are from someone who went wading in the water with her dogs! I believe it will take an act of God to stop this. It is so upsetting to talk to people and hear their suffering and no there is nothing that can be done. That's just it, other than try and tell people about this, there isn't a thing we can do about it. The time for prayer is now.

I appreciate your replies.

Pax

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Gotcha. I see that indeed in May an annoucement came from J craig venter that they had produced the first living organism with a completely synthetic genome. I get that. In May of 2010 it was stated that 'Much work remains before researchers attain the ability to design and make fully custom microbes.'
So when were these introduced and used in the Gulf? I do not see anything on the site that mentions the actual use of these microbs in any situation.

BP and their paid minions have released a synthetic biological plague in the Gulf of Mexico and it’s out of control. The entire world is a victim of their greed and foolishness. By playing the role of creator, they have begun a very dangerous game with infinite repercussions for life as we know it

Where is the proof of this statement?

This is from the institute:

Dr. Gibson stated, “To produce a synthetic cell, our group had to learn how to sequence, synthesize, and transplant genomes. Many hurdles had to be overcome, but we are now able to combine all of these steps to produce synthetic cells in the laboratory.” He added, “We can now begin working on our ultimate objective of synthesizing a minimal cell containing only the genes necessary to sustain life in its simplest form. This will help us better understand how cells work.”

This is where the study is today. Not dispersing it into the Gulf of Mexico, only one batch essentially has even been produced successfully. Laid out for you are all the specifics of that batch right here:
www.jcvi.org... -researcher/

No where on the site does it mention any application of this artificial life being used at this time.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   

that article doesn't prove anything at all. Sorry. The legs pictured look like the legs of a staph infected meth user. The 'lesions' do not look anything different than impetigo or staph. I meant actual proof, pictures of many people and their 'lesions', not one woman's legs and a guess that it could be caused by microbs that are eating oil.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

I would point that finger at Synthetic Genomics Inc, not at BP. As an oil producer, I would think that they are always trying to come up with methods that are faster and more effecient, not just keep doing it the same old way day after day. But a company that makes a product that is as dangerous to toy with as this article states over and over and over, the company again being Synthetic Genomics Inc, not BP, this company should be held liable if there are any damages.

from the article:

All of the funding for this came from Synthetic Genomics Inc (1), the company BP has a sizable equity position and alliance with. BP is definitely way beyond petroleum just as their new slogan publicizes.

Again...."Synthetic Genomics who funded jcvi just happens to be the company that Bp has a sizable equity position and alliance with."

I don't buy this is just a coincidence.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   

I do not mean disrespect, however again this article you posted is not from a reliable source, and it again shows photographs of what appears to be staph infection on people's legs. Nothing more, and the article itself says that these people are being diagnosed with staph, mrsa, highly resistant to antibiotics on it's own. Easily spread. I could show you pictures of staph infections and make any claim I want to to say what caused it, but in the end it will still be a staph infection, and with the rise of meth use this is not suprising at all that 'many thousands' are suffering with it in any location.

www.mrsa.best-health-guide.info...

I still see no proof whatsoever of this claim that this was used in the gulf and is currently making people sick. I see staph infections and an article from the OP that backs up the fact that this bio engineered bacteria is not currently in use.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   

My pleasure, as long as you are passive in asking for proof....Sit back and enjoy.....

"With the growing impact of climate change, increased global demand for energy, and the potential for environmental impact issues surrounding the drilling for oil and mining for coal, it is clear that new technologies are needed in these areas," said Ari Patrinos, SGI President. "Synthetic genomics research from JCVI and the applied science at SGI have the potential to address these issues."

SGI's alliance with Exxon Mobil Research and Engineering (EMRE) group to create algal biofuels is one example of the important programs at SGI that could benefit from the new tools and technological advances of the synthetic genomics research. This program, announced in July 2009, is a long term research and development alliance focused on finding and optimizing (through synthetic genome techniques and other more traditional metabolic engineering techniques) algae to produce biological crude oil replacements efficiently.

www.prnewswire.com... 8544.html

ExxonMobil and Synthetic Genomics (SGI) have opened a new greenhouse facility at SGI headquarters in La Jolla, CA enabling the next level of research and testing in their algae biofuels program announced last July. (Earlier post.)
www.greencarcongress.com...

Craig Venter and rival genetic engineers are shaking up science--and venture investing--with plans for man-made organisms designed to pump out fuel and clean up waste.

By Bob Drummond Bloomberg Markets February 2008

High on a wall facing celebrity gene researcher Craig Venter's desk, there's a poster-size photo of unique colonies of bacteria that look like two luminescent sky-blue blobs. Venter's researchers made the microbes in his lab northwest of Washington by transplanting the entire genetic code of one species of bacteria into the cellular body of another type. Like horror-movie zombies, the intruder genes switched on and took control of their hosts.

Groundbreaking in its own right, the genome transplant was a practice run for Venter's more audacious project: creating a new life form--in this case, a species of built-to-order bacteria--using only man-made DNA.

Designer organisms, and the potential to profit from them, are sparking excitement--and debate--among scientists and venture capital investors. Researchers in an emerging field called synthetic biology envision microbes customized with artificial genes to enable them to turn sunlight into fuel, clean up industrial waste or monitor patients for the first signs of disease. Already, scientists are producing strings of man-made DNA, short for deoxyribonucleic acid, which directs the functions of all living cells. Then they splice the manufactured DNA into the genes of existing organisms, reprogramming bacteria to act like microscopic factories churning out biofuels. Venter's experiments are taking synthetic biology a step further by working to build new organisms from the ground up with wholly artificial genes.

www.bloomberg.com...

Space Cadet,

show something to ATS besides your repeated "I dont see it"? Perhaps a counter wrtie up, anything?
edit on 30-10-2010 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Please, I invite you to show true proof that this was definately used in the Gulf, who used it, and how JCVI is involved in it's use. JCVI would have to be the supplier of the product, since they are the only ones producing it. Show where they have advanced the use of these microbes to the point of use in the Gulf. Show where it was used in the Gulf, not just a claim that it was.

Show lesions that a doctor says is not staph, instead of sores that people claim are not staph even though the doctor says it is.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   

These statement will possibly in the future lead to a statement that says definitavly that the synthetic genomes have been used. But as of right now the closest statement to that is saying they have started trying to produce a usable algae. Not that anything has been used as of this date.

I am amazed at the research, I am amazed at what it will do in the future, I also look to it with fear, but as of right now the claim is that it was already used in the gulf and is making people sick. Those claims are completely unfounded, unproven, and backed up with pictures of staph infection.

btw, those quotes are against exxon and not BP, I thought BP was supposed to be the bad guy here, lol!
edit on 30-10-2010 by space cadet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   

As usual, your offering your opinion, after scores of scientific research clearly shows this
technology is in use everywhere.

If its not just your opinion (which it appears it is) offer some real counter.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet

that article doesn't prove anything at all. Sorry. The legs pictured look like the legs of a staph infected meth user. The 'lesions' do not look anything different than impetigo or staph. I meant actual proof, pictures of many people and their 'lesions', not one woman's legs and a guess that it could be caused by microbs that are eating oil.

Which article are you referring too? Not to sound rude but my days of convincing people of something are long behind me. I find it hard to believe, that you have family in the gulf and you have not done your own research. It is there if you really want to see it. It isn't my job to prove to you one thing, especially if you are not going to look at the information that is being handed to you. You didn't read the article did you? So you really don't know what you are talking about. We could hand you the evidence all wrapped up in a box with a pretty bow and you would only see what you wanted to.

What would convince you? Never mind. It doesn't really mean a thing to me whether or not you choose to look further at this.......But I just thought you deserved to know.

Pax

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
And last but not least by any means, a few short statements from Dr Riki Ott herself, the person who is doing the footwork and research on Gulf spill related illnesses, her concern is quite different than that presented here, although it is disturbing. In short she thinks OIL EXPOSURE is and has made people sick.NOT oil eating microbes, but the oil exposure itself. Her claim comes after autopsies show oil amounts in the bodies of some who have passed away since the spill occured. She makes no mention of synthetic microbes or flesh eating diseases. None.

www.truth-out.org...

Putting truth out is admirable. The truth at times is enough fear, no need to create more by adding to the story, the real story is enough.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Life Made In The Lab! (But Don’t Freak Out)

Well ok you
Space Cadet can freak out...

May. 20 2010

For the first time, an organism whose genetic code was created on a computer is multiplying in a lab, researchers reported on the website of the journal Science.

Friends of the Earth immediately issued a press release saying this creation “jeopardizes ecosystems and human health.” ETC Group, a technology watch dog, said the organism, which it’s dubbed Synthia, will “cause a whole new set of problems governments and society are ill-prepared to address” and called for a global moratorium on the technology.

Don’t panic, or get caught in the circle of hype that will be created as these critics clash with gauzy eyed scientists. There’s plenty of time for society to figure out what to do with this new technology, which, while a technical tour-de-force, is less stunning than it sounds.
Genomics researcher Craig Venter just announced that he and a team at his eponymous institute have created a genetic code synthetically and inserted it into a bacterium called Mycoplasma capricolum. By replacing this DNA, they change the bacteria into another species, called Mycoplasma mycoides.
blogs.forbes.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   

My concerns over my own family who live in the gulf are great, how dare you charge that I am not concerned with them. They live for the life they have there, and that life centers around the beaches and activities it provides. I was afraid for them to go into the water. I still wonder about it, but they swim everyday in it. No one is sick, no one has lesions, ect. I am not talking about a few people either, I have a very large family. I went to Panama myself recently, I even have a thread up here about gathering water as a souvenier and the stuff is still clear as a bell with some kind of practically microscopic buglike things in it. I am concerned. But before I go making claims that I have no proof of, I will allow my respected fellow members here have a go at what they think, let those with knowledge direct me to sources to find out what are those little bugs. I think they have now been identified, however there is still the dilema of why the water in that jar isn't stagnating. But I will not make a claim that it is because of something in particular, because I do not know what it the reason.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Dude, I get it. I already said I am fully aware that this has taken place. I am looking for proof that it was introduced into the gulf, to eat oil. I have yet to see anything that proves or even claims that it was.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join