It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewarts Executive Producer Arrested for Assaulting 911 Activist

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Members of we are change who attended the John Stewart rally were assaulted by the Daily Show staff.

WeAreCHANGE meets Jon Stewart - Rally to Implement Insanity

*Explicit language warning*

I dont really know what to make of it. obviously the video was edited and its possible that this video doesn't show the whole story. I think its a bit funny because this was supposed to be a rally to restore sanity.
edit on 10/29/2010 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29/10/10 by masqua because: Title change as requested

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

liberal cat fight that was priceless

9-11 truthers dont like mr stewart

im sorry but thats hilarious

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Wonder why these type of debates often turns to violence. I have always been a fan of Stewart. Of course he can't and shouldn't be held responsible by something one of his writers did. Some people hold certain beliefs and opinions and are willing to degrade, humiliate, and obviously harm those who hold different opinions.
Good find.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I thought it was hilarious too.

reply to post by VeniVidi

I dont know why they turn to violence... I have no idea what is going to happen to the writer, but i agree, JS didn't have anything to do with it. His staff on the other hand may have a few pink slips coming their way if the story above pans out.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

because we are human

we laugh
we cry
we love
we get irked!!!

and on occasion need to vent the frustration of people being idiots

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Charge the mofo, and if possible, sue the John Stewart show, what the heck, they totally lost it.

However, we've GOT to start getting better at crafting our scripts for our questions and statements for these kinds of things and really hone the sword of truth. Just heading in ill prepared and shouting things isn't the best way to go imho. This could have been done way better than it was. Good for getting there, but next time, plan out every word and action in advance, and NAIL it.

This was poorly conducted and poorly handled, but still charge and sue them.
edit on 29-10-2010 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

you said " i think its funny we are supposed to rally to restore sanity"

Thats just the point. Stewart is a stand up comic with a commentary satirical program.

It...is...supposed...to...be...funny

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Some things that pass for comedy today...would have been called something else (bullying, attitude problems,etc)
a mere 5 years ago.

People in general are scared....and what was on that film was a prime example of the fear that makes TPTB kick back in their cushy offices, laughing their butts off.

Might have gone south for another reason as well...neither one really appeared to understand just what they were really defending. They were engaging in something that I dislike with a passion, and that is what I call "talking over the other person". It is rude, crude and and impossible to come to a peaceful outcome.

~holly

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
Members of we are change who attended the John Stewart rally were assaulted by the Daily Show staff.

The rally is on October 30th. It hasn't happened yet.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Toromos

i thought it was running from yesterday into the weekend. Guess they didn't restore sanity yet. no wonder they fought

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
video update:

Jon Stewarts Executive Producer Arrested for Assaulting 911 Activist

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

He said himself that he started the physical attack and the other guy gets arrested? Conviniently none of the +4 cameras catches this? BS and he had it coming

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
What a shock, not.

Yah, restore "sanity", more like in-sanity.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

The Wearechange guys clearly wanted some sort of violent reaction. Just look at how close they had the camera to his face, you couldn't even see the entire head. They pretty much pushed the camera into his that guys face...

If you're protesting a rally titled "restore sanity" you must be a complete tard imo.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Is this thread from the future? How could this possibly have taken place at an event scheduled to happen tomorrow?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

He said himself that he started the physical attack and the other guy gets arrested? Conviniently none of the +4 cameras catches this? BS and he had it coming

They're preemptively condemning the rally...cause that's what they're gonna do no matter what happens during the rally

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

This happened a month ago, in NY.Biased Source
Apparently people are pretty eager to smear the rally for some reason. If anyone assaulted anyone, that seems like an interesting topic to discuss. Disguising old news as something bad that happened at a particular event not even yet to take place seems like something else altogether.
edit on 10/29/10 by Curiousisall because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
This thread title seems purposely misleading. Using month-old video footage and connecting it to an event scheduled for tomorrow (Oct. 30) is not very accurate.

Aside from that, Jon Stewart is a comedian. His "Rally to Restore Sanity" is political satire spoofing these ridiculous rallies of late. So WHY, for the love of God, would you show up at his press conference "We Are Change" members and start pummeling him with questions about 9/11? Do you think Jon Stewart holds the answers? Somehow he's the guy with the inside scoop on what happened that day? Puh-lease. These guys made all 9/11 truthers look like nuts with that display.

I have questions about 9/11. I think we all have questions about it. But I'm not going to ask Jon Stewart about it because I'm pretty sure he's not "in the loop". Dick Cheney yes, but Jon Stewart???

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Ugie, I am certainly not going to condone violence from anyone. I am certainly never going to a Wearechange rally either though. I have a question. The first video actually seems to do a lot to make the second vidoe seem really really misleading. They were not waiting to joke around, they were being harassing as all hell. NOT CONDONING VIOLENCE EITHER THOUGH. But there are some things that have me doubting the validity of the story altogether. Were you able to find any arrest record or assault charges that were filed? I did not actually see any assault on video, nor did I see an arrest. Since the premise of this thread is about violence at something that happens TOMORROW, I am curious if any research went into this at all. Does coming from Prisonplanet mean none necessary at ATS?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Yeah, that is one things that is really bothering me about this. You asked your questions 3 times during the meet and greet. But waiting outside to hound them after some more? The Daily Show? This just makes me want to believe the entire officially presented story simply because if the truth movement feels the biggest and baddest fish they have to fry is The Daily Show, then there kind of goes their credibility too. At least that is how it makes me feel. I do not want to believe everything we have been told but I do not want to be involved with the type of people that wait outside a booksigning to badger comedy writers about whether or not torture is wrong over 9/11. This whole thing smells funny and it ain't just Alex Jones sweaty paws on the keyboard.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join