It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So..how do you 'ignore' someone these days?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Im so sick of trolls and disinfo agents on this site...but it seems we lost the option to ignore them with the last site revamp (which totally screwed this this site up I might add)..

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Nonchalant

I guess you do it the old fashion way now and just not read what they say?

- Phoenix

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
You skip over their post and go on with your life like an adult?

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The feature was there and should have been kept but it is the owners site so we must scroll past such postings now. Just don`t fall for reading them and responding unless like them you just want your post count to go up.
Cool another post for me.

And just think one day they might have something of value to say. It is possible I think.
edit on 10/28/2010 by Connman because: To add last thought

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
The moment you ignore someone for having a view opposed to yours, that is when you have successfully embraced ignorance. I don't go around ignoring all the people that oppose me, and trust me, there are a lot (and most of them oppose me for the wrong reasons! Thinking I support the OS of 9/11 in its entirety
)
edit on 28-10-2010 by Varemia because: fixed the smiley

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Varemia
The moment you ignore someone for having a view opposed to yours, that is when you have successfully embraced ignorance.

I only had two people on my ignore list, and they were both there because they were intentionally insulting and profane. I don't ignore people who don't agree with me (this would be a pretty lonely forum, were that the case, lol) but I have no interest in those whose childish responses to serious issues are intended to be hurtful.

Now that the function is gone, I was unpleasantly surprised to start seeing them again, and time has not tempered their approach. In the future, I guess it will have to be the "Report" button until maturity prevails.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I am also disappointed to see the ignore option disappear. With all the great works in print and on the internet, I think it would be absurd to contend that one is somehow denying ignorance by purposely avoiding those posters who regularly engage in the worst forms of sophistry. With a limited time to do my reading I'll take any aid that helps me sort out the 'wheat from the chaff.'

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nonchalant
Im so sick of trolls and disinfo agents on this site...but it seems we lost the option to ignore them with the last site revamp (which totally screwed this this site up I might add)..

Or you could I know its a drastic course of action for you but you could read what some others have to say you may actually learn something from your disinfo agents!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by QtheQ
I am also disappointed to see the ignore option disappear. With all the great works in print and on the internet, I think it would be absurd to contend that one is somehow denying ignorance by purposely avoiding those posters who regularly engage in the worst forms of sophistry. With a limited time to do my reading I'll take any aid that helps me sort out the 'wheat from the chaff.'

Well said.

The ignore option needs to be brought back.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Originally posted by Varemia
The moment you ignore someone for having a view opposed to yours, that is when you have successfully embraced ignorance.

I only had two people on my ignore list, and they were both there because they were intentionally insulting and profane.

Absolutely.. I just found the need to put someone on ignore, something I have only had to do twice in my entire time on ATS... most of us can fight our views without being insulting... then there are some that manage to word their posts in such a way that is clearly meant to be insulting yet doesn't breach the Ts&Cs directly.

I think taking ignore out of ATS is a mistake as it means the mods are going to get overloaded with requests and complaints, that could otherwise be sorted out by simply ignoring the offender.

Some may say just don’t read the posts, but that’s not easy to do when you have quotes from the offending post and also my eyes pretty much scan reads everything when I scroll.

In addition the above network is all about user generated content... Shouldn't it be the users perogative to cut out the content they feel dilutes their experience of ATS??

Peace out,

Korg.

edit on 29-10-2010 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

In the future, I guess it will have to be the "Report" button until maturity prevails.

Ha! I'll bet they didn't think of that when they took out the ignore feature. They surely will be inundated now with complaints about stupid posting. What else is there to do? Some people just love getting others upset. Its how they get their jollies.

Now let the mods deal with it. They musn't have been busy enough before.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Nonchalant

You'll have to do it the real way.

ignore
ig·nore
   /ɪgˈnɔr, -ˈnoʊ
–verb (used with object), -nored, -nor·ing.
1. to refrain from noticing or recognizing: to ignore insulting remarks.

The dictionary doesn't even recognize a button for such an action.

top topics

join