It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The problem with not having a problem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Ranting around with friends, everybody always talks about how love really bites, or how theyve been hurt so badly. And then my turn comes to rant, and I start saying some poetic spoken word type thing about how beautiful life and love is. Anyone else have this problem? The people who are fed up with love and relationships have united...what about us crazy lovers who cant get enough??

Cheesy drop dead romantics ready for crazy love...UNITE!

[Edited on 7-2-04 by Scat]

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 03:16 AM
link   
'this concept of love confuses and infuriates me!'- The Alien Leader from Omnicron Persei 8 (i think) from futurama... i think his name was glurg

When your in love and the one you love loves you back, love is the greatest thing in the world.... the universe even...

When you've been burnt and/or the one you love doesnt love you back (or your not sure if they do)... or anything similar... love is the worst thing in the world...

In my opinion (and relative to my current love interests) love is at its best when it last for a night and you never see the person again.

But a year ago love was at its best when spending time with my then kinda new girlfriend and getting to know her and hoping for a lasting relationship... it wasnt but hey i had fun while it lasted...

Just wait scat... one day you'll be whining about your hurts with your mates then you'll see both sides of the ever confusing concept of love...

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Yes you are doomed, Specialasian. Doomed I say! You are predestined to not get nearly enough sex, through not being able to give of yourself.

I know there are horror stories, but let me tell you, being married is cake man. I like to have it and eat it, too.

I get to knock boots with a lovely lady who's primary concern is whether she's giving me what I want. Nothing sexier than that. I am aging now (much older than her) but love still rises to the occasion every time.

In the past week we've done it on the in-laws' bed when they were out of the house, we've done it to "H.R. Puffenstuff" reruns---what a trip, and we've done it in a lean-to during a roaring thunderstorm. Talk about a climax!

If she left me today, and I lived to be 80, I would still have gotten more sex than I deserved in this one lifetime.

And sex is just the beginning. (But it's what most other people are interested in, when they wonder about our relationship.)

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Special asian- believe me doll, ive seen both sides of the spectrum. many many times. it hurts now to think of it.

but then i read something like dr's post, and suddenly im extremely happy again...because i know exactly what hes talking about!!!!! wooo hooo! party on. love long love hard and love until the end of time theres nothing better. hopeless romantics WILL rule the world

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 02:36 AM
link   
being a gemini i am capable of being both a hopeless romantic, but also a predatory single... i'm not too fussed either way, i'll take life as it hits me and see how many bruises i get

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 02:47 AM
link   
why bruises? id much prefer scars!

i mean that both literally and metaphorically.

so anyone whos looking at this board- what is the worst breakup, end, scar youve ever been delt?

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scat
why bruises? id much prefer scars!

i mean that both literally and metaphorically.

so anyone whos looking at this board- what is the worst breakup, end, scar youve ever been delt?

I'm yet to be scarred (metaphorically, physically i got my fair share), i get bruised, i get cut, but nothing permanent... yet... i'm sureit'll happen sooner or later... hell i'm only 20, i got at least another 20 years in me (more hopefully)

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Scars? Ive got a few. I had the entire thing typed and then my comp shut down so ill make it short and sweet. first guy i ever fall in love with leaves me because he found jesus, i didnt. so now im evil.

now thats a scar that christianity will never be able to heal.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I had a girlfriend leave me for another woman about 10 years ago . Smoothest breakup ever . (No penis envy)

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
hahahhahahah! dag....you know what is lame? im not a lesbian. thats lame because if i was, i could get so much action. sheesh, everyday some new chick wants to get with me. its CRAZY! my boyfriend has like 4 friends that say they want to hook up with me...and they are all chicks! ergh!

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by oddtodd
I had a girlfriend leave me for another woman about 10 years ago . Smoothest breakup ever . (No penis envy)

Funny thing is this girl i'm after right now (who happens to be my best friend who i've realised in the last week i'm madly in love with) is in a lesbian relationship and is thinking about breaking that off for me...

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scat
- what is the worst breakup, end, scar youve ever been delt?

It was going to be my first time.

I worked at the local Burger King. Fell for this girl hard. She went to another high school, but I saw her often enough by arranging my shifts to fit hers. She had quite the reputation. I heard the stories from friends and others at parties. She wasn't picky and she was drop dead gorgeous.

I didn't believe all of the exaggerated stories, like the banana incident. I got to know her quite well. We started to arrange shifts together. I drove her home a few times. We talked for like 4 hours at a time on the phone. I knew about the absent father who would always promise her dreams of living in the tropics, separated from a mother who was bitter about not getting the dream he had promised her. I knew about the brother she worshiped. And we really, really got along.

I first got to know her after she slept with another co-worker at a softball tournament. He bragged about his score to everyone who would listen, and then he quit BK and had nothing to do with her again. I was appalled. So I thought I was coming to her rescue.

As far as I knew, the whole year we were working together, talking almost every night and telling each other 'everything', she wasn�t seeing another guy. I found out to the contrary when she had started work at the local Kentucky. I went to see her and a guy I knew from my high school gave me the weirdest look, and I saw its reflection in her eyes.

She had just quit her job at BK because at the next year's softball tournament, I was to earn my first scar. Our arranging of the room assignments, with sympathetic friends, so that we could be alone with what I believed was a clear intention, led me to great expectations. It was going to be my first time.

The afternoon of the tournament there was a lunch picnic. Some guys were playing frisbee. I was talking to a co-worker and noticed her and my buddy's girlfriend laughing with them. I though nothing of it, but he didn�t look pleased and went to get his girlfriend despite the larger crowd of players that had formed. I gave her space.

That night I was looking for her. I found out she had gone to the room of those guys playing frisbee. I waited down the hall outside our room. He came out and went to the ice machine in shorts. I saw that his back had the same scratch marks I saw on the co-worker she slept with the year before.

Oh and the OTHER frisbee playing guy, who lived about a 3 hour drive away, came by the drive through window the next weekend looking for her.

Turns out she wasn't picky after all. Only when it came to me.

I know rejection.

[Edited on 7/18/2004 by Gools]

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Gools, thats bad man, i feel for you.

The worse bruise i got was my last Girlfriend who broke up with me via SMS, wouldnt return my calls, and two days later was with this other guy (that lasted the total of 3 days). It wasnt that i was upset so much by it (i had been thinking at the time to break it off coz i was missing single life and my feelings for her had abated) it was the fact that she did it over SMS and is now pretty much a slut (though she did say she broke up coz she wanted to be single coz she had only had 3 boyfriends one right after the other and had never had a chance to live life to the fullest). But we both got what we wanted from the relationship while it was on and we're both happy now and we're still friends (it took me a while to forgive her for the whole SMS thing, but hey i understand how hard breakingup can be)...

We were together for 8 months which is my longest relationship to date, and the first i could say i actually loved in some way or another.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   
i'm all for love and whatnot but i'm not one of those who needs to have someone by thier side. sure its allways nice to have a special someone in your life, but there is more to life than love. not to mention you can get laid by different people when your single.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
mutehalo

On a thread full of hopeless romantics, its good to hear a voice of reason. Viva la Single life!!!

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
Gools, thats bad man, i feel for you.

Well not too much I hope. It was 18 years ago. I'm much better now. I think :shk:

Originally posted by mutehalo
i'm all for love and whatnot but i'm not one of those who needs to have someone by thier side. sure its allways nice to have a special someone in your life, but there is more to life than love. not to mention you can get laid by different people when your single.

Could not agree more!

top topics

join