It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul supporters who clashed with liberal activist speak out: Asks victim for Apology

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Paul supporters who clashed with liberal activist speak out: Asks victim for Apology

www.wkyt.com

A Rand Paul supporter is being ordered to appear in court to face an assault charge after he was caught on camera stomping on a liberal activist.

NEWSFIRST talked with the two men at the center of the whole ordeal. The man who is accused of stomping on the woman has been identified as Tim Profitt a former volunteer with Mr. Paul's U.S. Senate campaign. The other man, Mike Pezzano, wrestled the activist to the ground after she tried to confront the Tea Party candidate.

On the same day the Paul campaign ran a full page newspaper ad displaying supporters' names, the group moved fast to d
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

. "I would like for her to apologize to me to be honest with you," Profitt said.

This guy is hillarious. Sometimes people just can't admit they were wrong. They're so blinded by BS ideology, that in reality, doesn't even matter because political figures all act in the same criminal manner. I guess this guy wants an apology from her because she doesn't have the right views, and should be sorry for that.

I couldn't bend over because I have issues with my back."

Good excuse. Wrestled her to the ground pretty easily. That stomp actually had nothing to do with his back or keeping her down. :dwn:

www.wkyt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 27-10-2010 by Portugoal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Well, since not everyone saw the beginning of the incident, I will post that video now.

Tell me folks, what would a LEO have done in this case? Just wondering.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

So are you trying to show us that this assault still occured even after Paul and most other supporters didn't even care/realize what just happened? Paul still got out of the car, people still cheered. I don't see how you can justify the assault?

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

Where did I justify the assault?

Which assault are you talking about? The one where someone in a disguise and a hoody attempted to shove a placard with the made up corporation RepubliCorp in a Libertarian candidate's face, so they could smear him?

Or are you talking about the people grabbing that provocateur and shoving her to the ground?

Like I asked earlier, what would a LEO or security have done in that situation?

From what I see, I think a jury will see exactly what happened.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Regardless of what led up to the assault, they have NO RIGHT to assault her period.

Even security would have simply detained her, not shoved her to the ground and stomped on her head.

The video clearly shows this man ASSAULTING that person, there's not much to argue or justify.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

That guy wants an apology though... Maybe Paul can give him some kind of medal once he gets elected?

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Still waiting for your reply to my FIRST question.

Let me repeat it again.

What would a LEO have done in this situation? Hmmmm?

edit to add-Sorry, it was not you but the OP I asked the question of.

But you can answer the question if you would like.
edit on 27-10-2010 by saltheart foamfollower because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

NEVER MIND,

I Got it sorry.

A LEO would have detained her, he has no right to assault her anymore than me or you do.

Why do say that they would have acted the same way? Are you trying to say that any LEO or security team would have assaulted the woman?

~Keeper
edit on 10/27/2010 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Security would have simply detained her. No need to head stomp

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

A LEO is a Law Enforcement Officer. Sorry about that.

Anyway, if there was a Police Officer there and someone in a disguise with a blond wig on and a hoody came running up to a candidates car, what would they have done?

edit on 27-10-2010 by saltheart foamfollower because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Head stomp huh?

Show me the video where a head stomp occurred.

Please, show me, as they say in Missouri.

link   

Do you think the guy deserves an apology from the women that HE assaulted?

To me that logic is a little backwards. He acts like he was "forced" to do so and now wants an apology because he had to save the candidates life or something.

~Keeper

link   
yea dude, i don't know about this one.

i can't stand obama. but if i was standing on the side of the street while his motorcade rode by and some crazy person with their head covered ran up, pushed through people and tried to get their hands in an open window, i'd probably tackle them too.

the stomping on her shoulder thing might have been out of bounds but i don't think bringing her to the ground and restraining her was out of bounds at all.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by snusfanatic

I agree that restraining was in order because of the behaviour that the person in question showed prior to the assault.

Fight or flight response to something like that would most likely occur. But like I said, there was no reason to physically hurt the person or do anything else but detain, peacefully.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Can you show me a video of a detention of a suspect that would resemble this situation?

This "supposed" victim was on Keith Olbermann's show last night and blatantly LIED about what happened.

Lied. So, as of now I have witnessed a snippet of video that showed the "supposed" head stomping which did not occur. The foot was placed on her shoulder and back to keep her down since she was struggling. Saw the "testimony" she gave on National Television and now this video I posted came out. Yeah, not feeling bad about what happened to her at all.

Sorry, if a LEO would have done it, I am sure she would be sitting in jail or out on bail.

Just another fabricated story and sensationalized by the MSM.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by snusfanatic

I agree that restraining was in order because of the behaviour that the person in question showed prior to the assault.

Fight or flight response to something like that would most likely occur. But like I said, there was no reason to physically hurt the person or do anything else but detain, peacefully.

~Keeper

Exactly...

And in terms of a head stomp, you can clearly see one at the 0:45 second mark of the video provided in the link.
Or would you prefer the term "neck crunch"
?

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

If you watch the video you provided, you will see that Paul, nor most of the supporters, even realized what had happened. If anyone had thought she posed a threat to Paul, the crowd would have stopped cheering, probably collectively calling for her head instead, and Paul wouldn't have stepped out of the car.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

See here's my problem with this.

She's not a dentention suspect, she was a protester. She's not a terrorist or a POW or an enemy combatant.

She's an american citizen who has the right to protest.

Now like I said I don't agree with her behaviour, but no LEO would have arrested her either. She didn't break any laws, she didn't assault Paul or any of his supporters.

But you can't compare this situation to a legitimate detention of a suspect of a crime. It's a completely different scenario.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Foot was on her shoulder, upon which he then exerted pressure in a downward stomping motion.

It appears while stomping on her shoulder his heel connects with her head but a head stomp? Please. She'd have more than a concussion if she received a "head stomp".

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join