It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

subconscious feeling something bad is almost upon us.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Crikey, I've just finished reading a long thread about world financial collapse and the chaos that'll ensue because of it, and now I find this. To top that I woke up really early this morning and couldn't get back to sleep for thinking about WW3, and how I should be forgetting Christmas this year and stocking up on food, water, and GAS MASKS instead.

--"subconscious feeling something bad is almost upon us." --

Me too.

Maybe the prospect of parenthood has brought this out in you. I know that's probably why I get these feelings. I'm just protecting my brood and subconsciously planning for every scenario.

Hopefully it'll pass. Probably it's a moon phase thing I'm going through at the minute.
Best wishes to you and yours.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by amc621

blaenau2000 is not paranoid amc621, and will not do any damage to his children now, or in the future. He is more protective of his family than most others, and that is to be commended; not condemned. He doesn't need blood work or a shrink. I don't think he plans on dying either. His plans are for living.

As for Baba Vanga, she said "the Kursk will be underwater, and the whole world will mourn about it". She went on to say, it can happen in 1999 or in 2000". But that it would happen "for sure in the month of August".

K-141 Kursk was an Oscar-II class nuclear-powered cruise missile submarine of the Russian Navy, lost with all hands when it sank in the Barents Sea on August 12, 2000.

That prediction by Baba Vanga was not too vague, and was easily understood; but was not believed until it happened.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

Prove to me that anything about their calendar has been wrong so far pigwithoutawig. I like your name, it is cool.
Ah, touche, my friend. I guess we're at a stalemate. I can't provide proof and either can you. I've thought of this before and I came to my conclusion that , more than likely, nothing will happen and if it does, Oh well, we get to see the end of the world as we know it. I'm confident that after life on earth there must be something way better than this predatory world we live in. Thank's for the compliment on my name, it's part of a line in one of my hero, Bob Dylan's, songs. Full verse - " I got a cravin’ love for blazing speed
Got a hopped-up Mustang Ford
Jump into the wagon, love, throw your panties on the board
I can write you poems, make a strong man lose his mind
I’m no pig without a wig
I hope you treat me kind
Things are breakin’ up out there
High water everywhere" - Bob Dylan, High Water(for Charlie Patton)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
And this is one of the reasons i put my thoughts onto ATS rather than to anyone I know, as I see that a lot of people can be judgemental and say stuff like mental health issues and depression, on the basis of a few thoughts, I work in mental health and know the stigma attached to these illnesses. Personally I would never accuse anyone of having mental health issues. But that is youre choice.

On the other side there are some good comments here that have solidified my position and belief, and as you nice people have said I will be prepared, and would rather fight to live than lie and die, but I hope it passes without any major issues.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by blaenau2000

I wish well for you and your family. It would be nice once in a while if someone posted, "I feel great and think something AWESOME is going to happen. I'm selling my fire arms, gas masks and everything else that I would need to be a "survivalist".

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by blaenau2000
This is my first post on the forum, I have been lurking for a while but felt the need to post a bit about myself and my experiences.
I have never been someone who believes in religion but I am open minded and have read about most religions and practices out of curiosity. And still I dont believe.

I have lived my life on morality, instincts and feelings and this has done me well throughout my life, getting me to the top job at 28 years old on a great wage before I left due to wanting more free time and less pressure. I am a happy and very positive individual, (engaged with a baby boy due on christmas day of all days), but I have always felt awfully Self-consciousness in groups and to an extent preffer my own privacy. I am now 35.

ANYWAY over the last few months I have been feeling that something aint right? That something is happening or changing or going on? Now I am not usually foolish and jump into things but I have found myself purchasing NBC suits and am in process of getting Gas Masks, I am still not convinced that something is imminent, BUT I am purchasing these items, so subconsciously, instinctively I must believe that something is imminent?

How stupid does this sound?
first of all congrats on the new baby boy!I have had the feeling you spoke of for the last few months,like(not pending doom)but changes are happening and I can't put my finger on it.I've read alot of theories but nothing struck me as being it?(if that makes sense)do you know what I mean?I also think that other people are feeling this as well.some of what you might be experencing is pending fatherhood it might be your way of nesting ,I know my husband tried to make everything perfect before our babies came(and drove me crazy),so it might be a combination of both........god bless you and your new family!

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by amc621
reply to post by blaenau2000

I wish well for you and your family. It would be nice once in a while if someone posted, "I feel great and think something AWESOME is going to happen. I'm selling my fire arms, gas masks and everything else that I would need to be a "survivalist".

I'm calling you out as woefully uninformed, or unwilling to see what is right before your eyes. What possible reason could you have to not just disagree with the OP, but to call him out on his sanity as well? Put aside all of the "wacky conspiracy theories" for a moment, and look at the state of the economy alone. It literally is on the verge of collapse. Collapse. This is mainstream thinking by a large and ever increasing number of economists. If the economy collapses, one of three things will happen. Anarchy, martial law, or a mixture of both. Eventually things could be sorted out. But there will be a time frame when those who have stocked up on food, water, medicine, etc. will be very glad that they did, and those that did not will be very sad they didn't. What do you think happens when people get hungry? I mean really hungry?

Your attempts to marginalize the OP's thoughts and actions to plan for his family "just in case" are highly questionable. Dubious even. I'm keeping my eye on you.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
One of the reasons i put this up was because I wanted to know if others were feeling like this too,
and I am so glad i did now, thanks for the positive replies.

I trully believe we are so naive as a human race to think nothing will happen to us or our planet, history proves we are so wrong to think this way.
And IF something where to happen I dont think we will get a warning, and there will be NO help from governments, It will be everyone for themselves.
People will also turn against each other, as some are weak minded, and food and water will be scarce.
As I say I hope it doesnt happen but instincts tell me otherwise.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Here we are 10 years later, I have my Gas masks, NBC suits still stored away.

Seems looking back through my posts , I was right, my gut instinct led me to believe a Biological disaster was on the horizon.

It took 10 years but I had a feeling deep inside that something was up, a lesson learnt, never ignore a gut feeling.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join