It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sphinx Origins and a Final Link to Pre-Dynastic Egypt

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ANSPHAR

Sounds interesting, i have read some of his stuff but i will definatly have to look around for that book. I do believe 100% that is was once a different face and head, the head is way out of proportion and looks more freshly carved.

Also it wouldnt surprise if the in the vanity of pharoah it was carved over. It is well known in Egypt that after succesion a previous pharoah many carvings and hieroglyphs were written over and statues replaced. The so called ''repair work'' done may have just been the recarving of the head

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Hey,

This makes for some more interesting reading -

www.ufodigest.com...

Also as to reply an above i am currently looking for information on Constellations around the time of 10-8000 BC,
i have to add this though.

FYI: i jst edited, i have to apologise as my previous comments stated that if Leo set in the East then it must have risen in the West, but now i get the comment that nothing can rise in the West....duuh as per Earths rotation.. lol yes i do get it now but thank you as i have just realised i had it all backward.

I still stand by my original comments but reverse it, and yes in regard to Aker and the gods meaning it does make sense...still.

On 29/10/10,000BC Leo rose directly in the East, exactly in front of the Sphinx, to be exact the Sphinx was starring at Leo as it rose in the night sky. Then after 8-9 hours Leo set directly behond the Sphinx in the West, exactly!!

Here are the screen shots from Cybersky 4 dating the skyview as the 29/10/10,000 BC!!

First we have sunset at 7PM - date: 29/10/10,000BC - looking East

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b67c3bccc2d0.jpg[/atsimg]

Next we have the next day at 7-8AM looking West:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/236cd7fb1974.jpg[/atsimg]

It still links to the sign of Aker, actially more than before. Also remember at this exact date in time the Sphinx would have stared at it's celestrial counterpart rising in the sky and as it set bringing with it the new day to the back of the Sphinx.
Anyone that has actually read the articles and quotes in this thread would still see the link with Aker and his/her meaning.
edit on 29-10-2010 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

Sorry all, the pics above were kinda small but Leo is obviously what i was refering too -

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/efa4835db2b2.jpg[/atsimg]

and the next morning:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5a2d17359999.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 29-10-2010 by Havick007 because: Enlarged Pictures

Also if you take the time to actually investigate, Leo actually rises exactly in the East and sets directly in the West - EXACTLY - it is perfect! - download the program or whichever program you want to use, look at Giza or Cairo as a reference and the date 29/10/10,000BC - it is perfect. Rises directly in front the Sphinx and sets exactly behind it. As per the meaning behind Aker and that he is the watcher or gatekeeper of the underworld and of the day and night - remember the disc on the image of aker doesnt reperesent the sun like with Ra but it actually represents the Horizon and also remember the Aker is possibly one of the oldest Gods worshipped by Egyptians. As per the the article and links in my first post!
edit on 29-10-2010 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Also if it makes any difference to the Pyramids, at the exact time Leo was rising to the East, Orion was rising in the South in reference to the Pyramids

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I have to saw wow, i found something else that is very interesting, on the same day as my previous post, 29/10/10,000BC i found this interesting link, Now my first image is of the constellation Orion rising in the south at the same time that Leo rises in the East directly in front of the Sphinx, i want you to look at the stars and then the Orion nebulae that is below the 3 belt stars -

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b3a75142169b.jpg[/atsimg]

Nth
Wst-------------Est
Sth

Now please compare this to to the below the picture of the Giza plateau and the exact same orienentation -

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7ce8646f919e.jpg[/atsimg]

Wst
Sth ---------Nth
Est

Also i want to note that the sky shot is the Nth and Sth - up and down and the shot of the pyramids in the same orientation has the Sphinx facing directly East, the same direction it faces as the sun sets.

I havent spun or rotated the pictures to suit this display. Let me spell it out -

The sphinx is facing East as the sun sets, at the same time Orion rises to the South, matching the orientation of the Pyramids and the Sphinx.

The earth view of the same orientation has the Sphinx facing East as per the real direction in real time.

It's a beautiful match

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I just want to add that i only just noticed the start date of this thread, 10/10/10, hmm ironically i didn't realise that when i started the thread and to be honest i am kinda confused coz it feels like i only started a couple days ago....??? but yeah anyways i think it's kinda funky. 101010

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Fryaga

umm which lake are you refering to? i ahve reviewed my posts and cannot find reference to a lake. I have read a lake may have sat in front of the Sphinx at one time or another but i have not posted anything in regard to this.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

You had mentioned a lake in Antartica with a russian sounding name. It really wasn't related to this thread other than respecting melting glaciers and floods around 10,000 b.c.

Interesting thread by the way. Not an expert of any sort, but believe we still have a lot to learn about our ancient past.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
There was a lake in front of the Sphinx at one time.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

This is the lake to which you are referring.

Lake Vostok wiki

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

oh yeah Lake Vostok, it's in Antarctica, look it up. It's probably covered here on ATS as well... yeah was kinda off topic

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I read a book where the author has a theory that the Sphinx was never a Sphinx but a dog.
www.philipcoppens.com...

I read the book and in my opinion he brings up some good points but I don't think he
showed definitive evidence of that theory.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I checked this on Stellarium and I see Aquarius rising on 10-29-10,000 BC.

Something of interests though that I have always had is that our 'ages' are determined by the place of the Sun on the Spring Equinox. If we look back to 12,000BC Leo was directly East on the Spring Equinox, showing the 'age of Leo'. This age started sometime inbetween 13,700BC-13,500BC. In 13,700BC on the Spring Equinox, the Sun was on the cusp of Virgo/Leo....and in 13,500BC on the Spring Equinox it was in Leo. So possibly sometime in the 13,600BC time did the Sun enter Leo on the Spring Equinox.

Now...consider this also. In the middle of the age of Leo...as Leo was setting in the West in evening....Aquarius began to rise in the East. We are about 500 years away from being in the age of Aquarius when the Spring Equinox sun will rise in Aquarius. As Aquarius rises....Leo will be in the west. The Sun once faced the Sphinx at the rising of the sun...and soon it will be to the back of the Sphinx at the rising of the Sun. This shows us a 'half way point' of a great year (26,000 yrs).

That we, are almost, half way around this 'wheel' of time.

Here is a rough image...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c128785c6dd3.gif[/atsimg]

Looking at the blue line it starts uptop at the start of the age of Leo and crosses to show that Capricorn was to the back of the Sphinx at the rising of the Sun. But as we look at the middle of the age of Leo (pick line) we see that Aquarius started to be the sign to the back of the Lion at the rising of the Sun. If we go to the bottom and start with the white line that is circled we see the start point of the age of Aquarius and we see that Leo will be to the back of the Sphinx.

The Sphinx could be a marker, of time....of our 'great year' which is about 26,000 years (which we can see that at about 13,500 BC....we were in the age of Leo....and another 13,000 years from now...we will reenter this age again).

And not only the Sphinx marks it, but the surrounding buildings do as well...the Nile mirroring the milky way...the Pyramids mirroring Orions belt....then the shafts in the Pyramids themselves also lead to 2 certain stars perfectly for a time in the 'age of Leo'. Now if the true start point was when the age of Leo began...then I guess will still have a ways to go to reach a TRUE half way point which wont be until we actually enter the age of Capricorn! But....Aquarius does alert us of this closeness to 'half way'. If you measure from the circle on the bottom (the white line) and move over to the blue line...that is how much time we have to a TRUE half way point.

edit on 29-10-2010 by LeoVirgo because: (no reason given)

My image is wrong...fixing it now...brb..

Edited all my errors

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Additions to previous....

Another interesting note is that Orion in the sky, to reflect the pyramids truly, would have to be turned upside down....and Im wondering if NOW is that TIME....of when Leo is to the back of the Sphinx....is when ORION will be in its state to really reflect the Pyramids positions...and maybe they were not made to show a time of the age of Leo but to show a time when Leo was setting to the back of the Sphinx at the rising Sun.

Right now...on Spring Equinox...Leo sets just below the horizon before the rising of the Sun. As years go by, Leo will stay in the western horizon later and later....and in a few hundred years, it will be that as the Sun rises in the East, Leo sits to the West.

Edit to add...I think its going to be more then a few hundred years before Leo is to the back of the Sphinx at sun rise on the Spring Equinox...maybe even a 1000 years...but the time is coming, soon.

Edit to add...please forgive small errors of numbers...but Im sure I have the general number 'phase' right.

The main misinterpretations of the 'ages of time' is people dont use astronomy and only use astrology. Astrology fixing 'constellations' into 'signs' of equal amounts of space...and some constellations are bigger then others. Plus...the Sun passes through 13 constellations and not 12.

Something cool....way ahead in the future...is that after we have the age of Aquarius....then Capricorn...then Sagittarius....we have the unheard of 'AGE OF OPHIUCHUS'

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Thank you for this interesting Thread, OP.

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
Right now...on Spring Equinox...

Do you live in the southern hemisphere? It's autumnal equinox here in England. Quite a pleasant one too. The annual MSM pseudo-debate about British Summer Time and whether we should keep it or let the Scottish farmers get up in the dark, has had it's first airing on the 6 o'clock news.

Whether or not there is a link between the people of the Leonine Age and the Sphinx, I wonder if their day to day lives differed that widely from ours, the last generation of the Piscean Age. The name they had for God and it's literal translation as 'bender' along with curiosity about Egyptian architectural expertise, for me implies ancient knowledge.

I think Bender's gifts, his blessings and miracles that eased the lives of the people, was the skill and knowing of how to manipulate natural energy, how to use sound-waves to accomplish massive dominance over gravity.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007
Hello All,

Although this thread isnt about how or who built the Sphinx i do truly believe i may have found a link to the Sphinx that pre dates the 1st Dynasty.

This idea has been presented before (and published in at least one book where they went into this idea in lots and lots of detail.) Scholars quickly pointed out that the writer hadn't bothered to do much research since a) the constellation "Leo" wasn't known at that time, and b) images of the sky constellations drawn by the Egyptians show that they saw "Leo" (actually the back half of Leo) as a pharaoh walking through the sky.

The constellations we know as Draco (parts of it) were interpreted as being a lion to them. It's not until we get to the Dendara ceiling (in about 500 BC, if memory serves) that they start to draw SOME of the constellations known to us today. And that's at least 2,000 years after the Sphynx was carved.

The idea of "Age of Aquarius", "Age of Pisces" comes from India and wasn't really popularized until the 1960's. The Romans and Babylonians and Greeks and Egyptians would have no idea what you were talking about.

There are ruined sphynxes along the avenue of the sphynx, but a large structure like the Great Sphynx would have left a vast pile of rubble when it was finally broken down. There's no corresponding pile of rock and rubble anywhere else on the plateau.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Also...

On 29/10/10,000BC Leo rose directly in the East, exactly in front of the Sphinx, to be exact the Sphinx was starring at Leo as it rose in the night sky. Then after 8-9 hours Leo set directly behond the Sphinx in the West, exactly!!

Leo is a huge constellation; not a single star -- both wide and long. So if you run the program, you will find that the first star in Leo (which wasn't a constellation they knew) would hit the sunrise point for quite a period of time... for instance, on 29/10 - 1/11 and would occur in 10,000 and 10,001 and even 9,999 and so on and so forth.

And remember, the constellation was in the night sky before it began rising with the sun. Just how would you determine WHEN that star was rising behind the sun, when the glare of the sun makes it impossible to see the star?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Also...

Leo is a huge constellation; not a single star -- both wide and long. So if you run the program, you will find that the first star in Leo (which wasn't a constellation they knew) would hit the sunrise point for quite a period of time... for instance, on 29/10 - 1/11 and would occur in 10,000 and 10,001 and even 9,999 and so on and so forth.

And remember, the constellation was in the night sky before it began rising with the sun. Just how would you determine WHEN that star was rising behind the sun, when the glare of the sun makes it impossible to see the star?

Although...some dates here are wrong (10-29-10,000BC)...the Sun rose and set in Aquarius.

But you have brought up a great (the best point yet) about the Sun and what constellation it was in...for the people most certainly could not of observed this. The only way such a thing could be known is through technology like what we have today....or observation of the sky and the earths wobble effect to our perspective of the Sun and sky....over long long long periods of time. But...I dare say, if one understood the 'forward and backward' gear workings of the Sun, through the constellations, and how it goes one way to make the seemingly 'signs' change every month but also seems to move backward over long periods of time....someone could then run loose with this knowledge and calculate huge ideas.

I have heard that Egypt kept track of Sirius because they knew of a 26,000 year cycle of Sirius-but have not found the concrete info I would like to have to take that as sound information.

I disagree with the 'ages' being a new concept...we can see how belief systems reflect the 'times' of the 'ages'. Even in the Bible we have so much going on with 'bulls/cows' in the time of 'Taurus'...we then have the famous time of the 'ram' that is offered in the thickets instead of Abraham killing his son....we have the famous 'fisher of man' in the New Testament....and even it speaks of the 'one who carries the bucket of water'. Now this books talks alot about 'stars' and constellations, well at least uses them for importance. I think it would be a huge happenstance that there was 12 tribes, 12 disciples. I know..that is not evidence of such....but I think man was 'creating' signs in the sky for a long long time. I think it would of been a natural thing to do.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanForKucinich

Anubis is what your looking for. I already posted that earlier. There is a newer book out by Robert Temple talking about how the Sphinx was originally a giant statue of Anpu guarding over the Necropolis and the lake of the Dead.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by teapot

Great point, for you it would be fall equinox that the Sun is in Pisces. Which can bring confusion because different cultures revered different times of the year as the beginning and end of a year. Some cultures did revere the fall equinox as 'new years'.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

reply to post by Harte

The off-site content you posted, is that the best ''proof'' you have that it was built in the same period? Sounds more like speculation, i do realise i am also speculating at this point but i mean...come on??

Let's see, the sphinx ''resembled'' the surrounding area? It and the temples were built on the same terrace? The building were alligned?

Well, i could say many hundreds of Egyption sites resemble each other but they were built hundreds if not thousands of years apart. The terrace is not relevant, in 1000 years time they may find 2 buildings on the same street built at totally different times but because they are on the same street or ''terrace'' doesnt mean they were built at the same time. The same goes for allignment with temples, the temples could have been built to allign with the Sphinx, or maybe the temples were already there as well but was remodelled and recarved at a later time?

Didn't actually read it, did you?

The limestone in the sphinx temple came from the sphinx enclosure. It's been shown that Kahfre's pyramid temple predates the sphinx temple.

And, hey, I don't really care what it is that you choose to believe. I only care to show that what you've chosen to believe(apparently, simply because you "want" to) cannot be true, and why that is so.

Harte

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join