It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are the time travelers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I've been noticing the occasional thread suspecting someone in an old photo/video who may be a time traveler. I've actually been thinking about this question for a while.

If for example time travel is developed in the near future, say within a few hundred years, I imagine many people would want to go back and experience events such as, the Kennedy assignation, 911, probable even Woodstock. The problem is that it would be hard see ahead of time that those would be significant events.

So...where would you go to try to spot someone from the future, coming back to observe the past? What would you look for?

I would be happy to hear any ideas on this, but I also hope to encourage people to keep their eyes open especially when they are experiencing events they may be significant.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
If you are saying that you think that if time travelers exist...they would show up at important events and you want to see them...your best bet would be to start scanning videos of people that look out of place.

If you are saying you want to go see one in person...you would have to find a historical event that is planned. For example...Obama's inaguration. Doesn't matter if you like him or not...he is the first black president so it will be a historical event. So an event like that you would know beforehand and plan on trying to go and scout for time travelers.

I'm not sure if it would be a good use of your time tho.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by villagesmithie

So...where would you go to try to spot someone from the future, coming back to observe the past? What would you look for?

I would think that this would be almost impossible, unless they offered up that information.

Odds are that someone capable of time travel would have superior knowledge and technology than the people that they are observing.

And who's to say that they are from the future?

If they were from the past, and resided in the present, they would have to venture into the future and back to the past, in order to change the present.
edit on 22-10-2010 by In nothing we trust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by villagesmithie

All of those photos and video's have been debunked.

The man in the picture of the bridge opening photo is wearing nothing that was not available to people in that time frame.

The most recent one is a man wearing women's clothing which was a common practice back when film had it's infancy.

I am sure if you spent the rest of your time scouring old photos you would have wasted your life and not seen anything.

Most people today are so ignorant they wouldn't know what was out of place to begin with.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Ya, I've got better things to do then go out hunting for time traveler's. This is more one of those thing's I think about when I've got nothing better to do.

I thought about Obama's inauguration, but I don't know if there is anything to be gained from seeing that beyond experiencing an event. The events I listed because I felt there was some question to be answered by being there.

I guess my thinking is that if/when time travel is possible, it's use would be cautious and controlled, at least at first.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Technically any culture capable of opening and maintaining wormholes would be able to witness the past without having to cross into it to do so.

Or at least that is my limited understanding of the theory.

So why risk life, limb, and timeline by interacting with it if you could just watch it from the comfort or your own place in time-space?

~Heff

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oneolddude

I am sure if you spent the rest of your time scouring old photos you would have wasted your life and not seen anything.

Most people today are so ignorant they wouldn't know what was out of place to begin with.

Kind of like a bad game of "Where's Waldo"?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

That kind of goes to my question "What would you look for?"

I think anyone capable of time travel would be bright enough to know how to blend in.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

I would think that this would be almost impossible, unless they offered up that information.

That's what I'm thinking. That's also why I posted the question, to see if anyone had any thoughts that I missed.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
The conclusion I came up with is that you wouldn't look for anything physical. The only chance would be to spot behavior. For instance someone who seemed to anticipate events. Someone who moved to a position to observe but stay out of harms way.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by villagesmithie

The only chance would be to spot behavior. For instance someone who seemed to anticipate events. Someone who moved to a position to observe but stay out of harms way.

Seems logical

Look for the person who crouches and takes cover before the blast, eh?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

But then, would they be a time traveler or somehow involved in the event planning?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

But then, would they be a time traveler or somehow involved in the event planning?

Touche! Now we know who the true conspiracy theorist is.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I would have to say you would have to look at the eyes of the shooter/pilot/suicide bomber the moment the trigger was pulled the plane crashed or button pushed. That is where you would find a time traveler. If you could pull off the miracle of time travel would you want to be the observer from afar or observe through the monsters eyes?
edit on 23-10-2010 by drift393 because: fat fingers

edit on 23-10-2010 by drift393 because: fingers gained a pound

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   

I'm pretty sure the 9/11 "Harley Guy" who was right there with his analysis on the cause of the destruction of the twin towers of the WTC was a time traveller, as I've ruled out that he was an authentic bystander, or, an actor.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I think that in theory time travel is possiable. How long will it take is anyones guess.

However, I think that when or if it does happen that the time traveler or travelers in question would be very careful to dress in the style of that time and wouldn't be dumb enough to go flouncing through the streets talking on a cell phone or what ever pass for it in the future.

I would think that there would be a list of rules and regulations a mile long with stiff and quick punishment for those that violated them. Further more I would assume that the ones allowed to travel would be also closely monitored. Even if the day comes when time travel is like a vacation and almost anyone could do it I think that the people of the future would have a device that could monitor what the time "tourists" were up to and at any given time could snatch them back into their own time. And if someone sees this time "tourist" up and dissapear, who would believe them? Better a few reports of a person up and dissapearing in the middle of a crowd than someone dropping a cell phone in 1940.

I do find these threads very interesting because there is a huge chance that I am wrong and every Tom, Dick and Harry from the future can time travel and then of course you get the ones that aren't so bright and tries to call their girlfriend/boyfriend and let them listen to the Beatles play live. It could happen.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
there are no time travellers because the human species never develops time travel,we or rather i is not allowed to develop time travel as it is a powerful tool,powerful enough to save earth from its occupation by artificially intelligent fools.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
We're going to be occupied by artificially intelligent fools? Oh, please...you gotta tell me all you know about this! Are they robots who are foolish, or what? And do they rule over us?

I would love to meet a time traveler (if they do exist)! It would be so cool to find out how our world is in the future!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by FibroKat

artificially intelligent life comprises 99.9 percent of life in existence,by far it is the dominant form of life in reality.all the big guys are ai,type ii iii and iv civs are all ai.
any lifeform capable of interacting with earth would be ai,so you can bet any et is ai.

et is here and it is ai.

as for the fool aspect thats a matter of opinion.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by MrRagnarok

Oh, okay...that cleared up things pretty well. I appreciate that.

I don't think that all ET's are AI, but that's just my opinion. I really don't know, of course. I do wonder if, like many people believe, that some of them are time travelers coming back to strengthen their gene pool.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join