It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret Iraq Files

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

The Secret Iraq Files

english.aljazeera.net

Al Jazeera had full access to nearly 400,000 classified US military documents. Our coverage will begin at 2100 GMT, with full coverage starting at 2200 GMT.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I believe this ties into the mass documents leaked by wikileaks.com and sources.

How do you feel this report will be taken amongst Americans? Will this be ignored as propaganda because it's "Al-Jazeera", [yes lots of people still do] or will other MSM networks pick up on the same story and propose their own views?..

I expect Farheed Zakaharia to speak about this on Saturday.

english.aljazeera.net
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 22-10-2010 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
it had to go trough al jazeera... couse all western MSM will follow the US gov. request to pay no attention to the files..
edit on 22-10-2010 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

Wikileaks is releasing the information to all the worlds big media outlets twitter.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I just saw a report on cnn about wikileaks going to release 400,000 documents of the iraq war

CNN

The question is why release it through al-jazeera?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TwistedAmnion

I don't understand the question of "Why release it through Aljazeera?" My question would be...why not?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
We are informed that rumors of Al Jazeera releasing WikiLeaks files are incorrect.

Said on Wikileaks Twitter Update.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I got Wikileaks right in the crosshairs over here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

On Twitter, they are saying that the aljazeera calim is untrue, that they have not seen the files.

Very hard to know which skeemer to believe, but it has to sway on aljazeera's side as they
arte REAL journos.

In which case Wikileaks have booked a rather expensive hotel for nothing perhaps.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
The same documents that Wikileaks were supposedly releasing and then announced that they were not going to release, without denying that they had those documents? The documents have clearly been floating around. Was the person who leaked the leak to Wired the same person who supplied the leak to Al Jazeera? Or was it Wikileaks who supplied the leak to Al Jazeera?

I am pretty much certain that this upcoming leak will have a wealth of information about Iranian activities within Iraq, and if not this would be very strange indeed. If this information was to be released by the US they would have to explain why the activities were covered up in the first place and why they are deciding to release the information now. Basically it would be obvious warmongering.

Using an organisation like Wikileaks to break the information would avoid some of the questions and accusations. People have already suggested that Wikileaks are connected to the US Government and intelligence agencies, perhaps this is an effort to discourage those people by choosing to release the documents from a relatively reliable source and one that the US would not be so obviously associated with. That’s if Wikileaks are in bed with the CIA that is.

If not I can’t see why Wikileaks wouldn’t have released this information themselves, seeing as they blatently had access to it and I thought leaking stuff is what they were all about.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Al Jazeera is listed as one of the news networks to watch.

Looks like they already have a video posted about the documents on the Al Jazeera site.

-Al Jazeera site-

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oozii
We are informed that rumors of Al Jazeera releasing WikiLeaks files are incorrect.

Said on Wikileaks Twitter Update.

"Al Jazeera had full access to nearly 400,000 classified US military documents. Our coverage will begin at 2100 GMT, with full coverage starting at 2200 GMT."

i watched it live half an hour ago, it was the iraq war files, showing 1200 cases of torture of iraqi civilians, sodomy with hoses etc, iraqi police abuse of prisoners being covered up by US command now out in the open and proven as fact,

check it out on Al-Jazeera's site
Aljazeera news

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Here is a link that will take you to Democracy Now in an interview with Daniel Ellsberg talking about the leak. He has an interesting and experienced take on this www.democracynow.org...

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

That's a good point this could set us up for a future conflict, the one we knew was coming. maybe those nice folk at the CIA have adapted there tactics to feed information via the very place there skeptics look for ammo. tactically it makes perfect sense. I'll wait to see whats released but i am hoping you haven't just hit the nail on the head so to speak.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadpoolPete
i watched it live half an hour ago, it was the iraq war files, showing 1200 cases of torture of iraqi civilians, sodomy with hoses etc, iraqi police abuse of prisoners

Thanks for the heads up.
I missed it earlier. Was in a meeting.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
An update of 5 sec ago..
twitter.com...
"Al Jazeera have broken our embargo by 30 minutes. We release everyone from their Iraq War Logs embargoes." less than 5 seconds ago via web

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by DeadpoolPete
i watched it live half an hour ago, it was the iraq war files, showing 1200 cases of torture of iraqi civilians, sodomy with hoses etc, iraqi police abuse of prisoners

Thanks for the heads up.
I missed it earlier. Was in a meeting.

no probs

this is a good beak down of the messed up stuff that was going on, i noticed you bolded the part about iraqi police committing the torture, that is correct but there is also loads of cases of US troops as well as the Higher ups covering it up. also the discovery of 15,000 additional civilian deaths when both US and UK government said the figure was unknown, soldiers trying to surrender then being gunned down because the base said you cannot surrender to aicraft, strangly enough that was the same chopper from the infamous video in Baghdad

www.guardian.co.uk...
edit on 22-10-2010 by DeadpoolPete because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Thread on the actual release can be found here with a video...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
www.guardian.co.uk...
www.guardian.co.uk...
www.guardian.co.uk...
www.guardian.co.uk...

Come on... some of this stuff is almost comedic.

By February 2005 the British seemed to have become resigned to being shot at by their allies as an occupational hazard. A report from that month of a three-vehicle British convoy being strafed by an American gunner concludes "both convoys continued on their journey without stopping".

One night in October 2006 a British patrol, festooned with the blue light sticks, agreed on as a sign to identify themselves as friendly, reported they had been shot at by US troops who had no night vision goggles and had been listening to their iPods.

That’s pretty rubbish.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Even if the documents contain evidence that certain people in power raped and sacked Iraq and Afghanistan, what will Americans do about it? And the police, who sometimes get very generous salaries from the PTB, what will they do about it? They will be required to arrest all involved parties or be considered traitors, terrorists, soldiers of the Illuminati-Freemason crime family?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Soshh
Even in a conventional war simulator, like Americas Army, you get goofs like friendly fire once in a while. In other games someone does something dumb, like cause the death of a bunch of teammates. Soldiers are in a wartime simulation all the time, somewhere, someone will always F up. It's just human nature.

But I'm not concerned about the soldiers, I'm concerned about the citizens of Iraq and Afghanistan, who has had their way of life sabotaged by invaders throughout the centuries, and the crusades even continues to this day, which is more of a disgrace than a surprise.

We need a good ass kicking

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join