It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wiretapping to become common in US (soon!!)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Special services and administration officials in the United States are working on amendments to legislation which would oblige telecom companies to redesign their services to allow wiretapping telephone talks. A report to this effect was published by The New York Times citing informed sources in the federal government.

The amendments in question refer to the Communications Assistance for Law Enforcement Act, CALEA, passed under President Bill Clinton in 1994. The law requires communications companies to have interception capabilities and the amendments are needed to ensure that government surveillance abilities would remain intact as companies launch new technology. The bill is to be prepared and submitted to Congress in 2011.

The US authorities made attempts to restrict citizens’ democratic rights and freedoms before. The new York Times reported at the end of September that the Obama administration is preparing to introduce new regulations for the Internet so that law enforcers could intercept private on-line messages and get access to other wireless services using encrypted text. The US special services say that they find it increasingly difficult to wiretap criminal and terrorism suspects as people tend to communicate online instead of by telephone.

Source: english.ruvr.ru...

So, as the Powers that Be keep our attetion diverted to other things, they push to close their first around our freedoms. Yes, they must keep us under tight security. We can't be trusted. We might find out what the heck they are really up to.

Does anyone else feel like we are slipping on that slope that will lead to a Orwellian type 1984? Seriously.
The Feds keep infringing on our rights. Well, that is, unless you are a Mexican or illegal alien. Then, you get a free pass.

This country is becoming so bulls...y that I wonder anymore how much longer it will be the USA as I grew up in and thought I would enjoy in my later years. Now I just don't know.

(and before any one says something about the source of the story-I have to say bull. I think we get more acurate and timely reporting from acrossed the pond than we do from the MSM.

anyway, here is a another link: www.dailytech.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I have been in the telcom field for a long time now. I have worked for the "death star" of the communications industry for the past 15 years or so. I work on the actual switching equipment and let me tell you this. This thing they are trying to do is nothing more then a way to make something they are doing already "legal." You would be amazed at the protocols that are in place for "ease of access". I can't go into details because all of this stuff is totally proprietary to the company in which I work for. Switching techniques are all pretty much the same all over the world even with the new stuff. Office equipment (OE) can easily be manipulated to reach their desired results without much work at all.

EDIT: (I can't go into details because all of this stuff is totally proprietary to the company in which I work for.)
You can search and find out for yourself quite easily if you really want to look at it. Companies love to talk about how great they are and brag about their technology and how it works to a certain degree.
edit on 21-10-2010 by Rhadamanthus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I think it's safe to say that wiretapping has been going on since the nineties if not before that.

Same with the internet ever since windows 3.1.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
This stuff was already legal to do, with warrant. All it's doing is making it easier on law enforcement from a technical standpoint.

Nothing to worry about.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhadamanthus

yeah its called ECHELON

If you can communicate with it..... they can monitor it.

If they couldn't monitor it you will not be using it.

Gotta love the FCC

edit on 21-10-2010 by Zaanny because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaanny

And carnivore. Or is it predator? I always forget. Either way it's disturbing. I have heard so many people over the years say, 'If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear.' I always call BS. Slippery slopes are slippery.

What we need is a similar system to spy on the Govt. and slap them in bracelets when they commit treasonous/illegal acts. Probably not enough jail cells to corral the politicians though.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaanny
reply to post by Rhadamanthus

Gotta love the FCC

edit on 21-10-2010 by Zaanny because: (no reason given)

This device must accept all interference. This device can not emit interference.
Not an exact quote but look on every piece of electronics you have. If it is not on the unit itself it is in the instructions/user guide somewhere.

new topics

top topics

join