It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awsome Rainbow Never seen before

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
This is a photo i took September 28th after a very crazy day of storms in Upstate New York.I have never seen a rainbow like this in my entire 35 years of life.I could not tell if it was just a reflection from the sun,Or the actual rainbow not totally formed yet so it was going at this crazy angle.So i decided to bring it to the people i know could research this further and come up with a logical explanation for me as to why this rainbow is not a typical one.Please feel free to move this thread if it is in the wrong forum and my apologies if it is.I just had to share this picture and find out some reasons.So enjoy the beautiful country side of NY and hopefully i can get some answers on this rainbows unusual beams of color.
Thank You

Mod edit: image tag corrected.
edit on 21/10/2010 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by KrillsAngelWings

I believe this is called Iridescence

Or HAARP.

Depends on what side of the spoon one licks.

edit on 21/10/10 by Chadwickus because: SSSSLLLLLLLAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrr

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
your external link????
whats 404 error?

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Reminds me of the crazy sprinkler lady...

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Yeah, it's iridescence.
I'm expecting that within a half hour or so, someone will chime in with their view that it is somehow related to "chemtrails", HAARP, scalar waves, and the like. Some people have no idea what the atmosphere can do.
Here is a link to a scholarly work on what causes the colors in clouds.
On the Cause of Iridescence in Clouds

It has been the oldest such work I've found online. It explains the optics of what you see.
And it was published in 1887. Since the Wright brothers did not fly until 1903, it predates absolutely anything that could possibly be called a "chemtrail" by 16 years. Yet some people will still try.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Nice shot of a very cool rainbow.
I've never seen one quite like it either.

Thanks for sharing!

reply to post by Vandalour

You should have posted the one with her commentary.
I cannot believe she thinks the rainbow is oozing from the ground, and it is a government conspiracy because rainbows only belong in the sky.

Crazy Sprinkler Lady

I love the posted comment: "Sarah Palin Discovers Water Hose."

- Lee

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Thanks for all the input.It indeed is quite a beautiful sight when in person.Thanks for the links to other information.I will look into it all when im finished with my classes today.Not sure how to do the whole origin of the picture thing,Altho i did have to take the original picture and change it from a bmp to a jpeg to show it on this site.So thats possibly why u got the 404 error.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
"DOUBLE RAINBOW!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! HOW DID THIS HAPPEN??? AHHHHHHH!!! (Crying uncontrollably)....." I know who is responsible for this!!!! ----->

Hahahaha I had to do it, sorry guys! Everyone does understand how rainbows are created right? This is nothing more than the right angle, sunlight, rain, and clouds....LOL I dont think its HAARP, but im sure the OP's video will be posted again with warnings of incoming Earthquakes, i guarantee that will happen.....
edit on 21/10/10 by ziggyproductions05 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

Hmm did you even look at what my OP was? Obviously not because u state that its a video when in fact i posted a picture.:-D I did not say i thought it was anything more than a rainbow.A natural occurance of nature that i got a sweet shot of with my camera on a stormy day.I posted it here just to obtain different points of view as to the cause of such a beautiful rainbow that was different from the ones i have seen my entire life.

new topics

top topics

join